[Book spoilers] Final shot speculation

Howdyphillip

Of course, filmmakers can trick the audience by making it seem as though the horse has just pooped, when in fact it is poop they got from the stable floor and just put by the horse's hind legs with some plopping sound effects to make it seem as though it's just happened in real-time.

Yeah, Tywin's horse shitting is necessary at all...

I guess the last shot will be a aerian shot of nightfall Iceland (just like in the Cold Wind Tease) and fade to back alongside the last blast fades too in the distance (just as the camera gets futher and further from the FOFM before fading to black).

I mostly agree. I think its almost certainly going to be 3 horns followed by the aerial shot in the trailer only I think the last aerial shot will be of the walkers.

Of course, filmmakers can trick the audience by making it seem as though the horse has just pooped, when in fact it is poop they got from the stable floor and just put by the horse's hind legs with some plopping sound effects to make it seem as though it's just happened in real-time.

If i could tell you how many crazy old men i've seen, making grand claims abot filmtricks full of horse shit...

Two blasts, preparation, then a delayed third blast, the black brothers share a few dreadful looks. They've set up the Three Blasts across this season with the teaser, and the scene on the Fist. The landscape around them lighting up with pale blue eyes in the dark, then fade to black would be chilling, definately the scene to end the season with.

Look. Everyone knows that they did away with the chain so they could film Tywin's horse. AFTER Tywin's horse, I think they will indeed end with a long view of Mance's forces as the three blasts are blasted. Last year they finished with fire. This year they will finish with ice.

Just becuase the Three Blasts sond is the last on the soundtrack, it doesn't mean that scene will be the last. It may just mean that it's the last peice of music played, as in the final scene doesn't have music or Three Blasts is played over the credits. That being said, I still think it will end with the Fist. It's either going to be Bran and co leaving Winterfell, or the Fist, and obivously the Fist is a much better scene to end on. It has pretty great potential. Imagine this: the first blast comes and every one looks happy and a bit apprehensive, they all stop to wait. The second blast comes and a look of fear spreads across all of their faces. They immediately spring to action, grabbing weapons and the like. The third blast comes and they all stop what they're doing and look absolutely fucking terrified. Slow zoom out and fade to black, END! :D

I follow the 'unsullied' (non book readers) at TWoP pretty regularly, and every time I think about Ramsay *shudder* I try to even imagine their reaction. They've spent these two seasons discussing how awful, terrible, cruel, psycho, nuts, mean, cold, are the various 'bad' characters they've met. And I say to myself 'yoicks, folks, you aint' seen nuthin' yet!' Ramsay is the stuff of nightmares. Freak, par excellence. ack.gif

Wait... they are non-book readers and they call themselves 'the unsullied'? How does that work?

There is lots of CGI involved because remember Tywin's horse would shit gold it is presumed. LOL

Wait... they are non-book readers and they call themselves 'the unsullied'? How does that work?

No, we call them the Unsullied, but they are not aware of it... they call themselves "spitballers".

And call us "Book-Walkers".

Two blasts, preparation, then a delayed third blast, the black brothers share a few dreadful looks. They've set up the Three Blasts across this season with the teaser, and the scene on the Fist. The landscape around them lighting up with pale blue eyes in the dark, then fade to black would be chilling, definately the scene to end the season with.

:agree: And someone peeing.

Davos on some floating debris in the Blackwater. Maybe they could do a homage to Titanic like they did Saving Private Ryan this week and have Matthos clinging to the side with Davos promising never to let go. Then when Salladhor Saan shows up Davos will find Matthos dead and let go. My Heart Will Go On would be a perfect song to end the season on.

Davos on some floating debris in the Blackwater. Maybe they could do a homage to Titanic like they did Saving Private Ryan this week and have Matthos clinging to the side with Davos promising never to let go. Then when Salladhor Saan shows up Davos will find Matthos dead and let go. My Heart Will Go On would be a perfect song to end the season on.

That would be ridiculously hilarious.

I know, I know! They will do THE MAP!! From high above, they start at Qarth and show the dragons flying and the House of the Undying as it's burning, then the map goes to King's Landing and it shows a teeny tiny Davos on the raft (as discussed above) and some wildfire still burning, then to Winterfell burning, then the Wall with the little elevator full of people going DOWN and little people figures on the wall blowing three blasts at the same time, but not together (kind of New Year's Eve) then it moves north and we see Mance's forces looking like ants and bigger ants (giants), and then it moves more north, and we see wights walking around like tiny Frankensteins. The map would cover everyone's thoughts about the final shot.

I forgot, the map returns to King's Landing where we see a bunch of horse poop. Fade to black.

:lol:

It's hard to predict what the final scene will be. The show has strayed dramatically from the books, it would not surprise me if the final scene of the season involve Roz in a scene that one of the show writers spontaneously created. Perhaps Roz and Littlefinger reminescing about their favorite childhood dessert. Yuck! Man, that would be one to p/off the loyal fans!

What I would like to see is little Drogon tearing apart that beating heart, and then torching down the House of the Undying with his flames.

No, we call them the Unsullied, but they are not aware of it... they call themselves "spitballers".

And call us "Book-Walkers".

Could you give a link to their forums, I'd love to read their discussions.

Archived