Confirmed Season 3 Characters: Who do you want to play them?

Ser Holt Salinas

Maggie Smith as Olenna Tyrell

Jeremy Irons as The Blackfish

Ron Perlman as Tormund

Book Spoiler :

Oded Fehr as Oberyn Martell

Freida Pinto as Arianne Martell

Mads Mikkelsen as Euron Greyjoy

Liam Neeson as Jon Connington

I would encourage people to look up Dame Eileen Atkins, when considering who to cast as the Queen of Thorns.

I don't think I've ever seen her before, but she's scarily similar to the image I have in my head of Lady Olenna. Maybe a little taller, slimmer and less wrinkly than I imagined, but no major differences. I just finished re-reading ASoS this morning and, judging from IMDb info, performances in clips and so on, I think she'd be able to pull off the Queen of Thorns role very well. Good choice!

There is already a couple of posts about the same topic, but there has not been a debate about who should play the Season 3 characters. David Benioff and D.B. Weiss will surely check on this page to see fan suggestions about who should portray upcoming characters, so let us lend a hand to them.

This are the confirmed characters of Season 3 for now. I'll put my suggestions first.

Thoros of Myr: A red priest who follows the same religion as Melisandre. BILL NIGHY

Tormund Giantsbane: A Wildling raider. RON PERLMAN/ BRENDAN GLEESON

For some reason, I've always pictured Thoros of Myr as being darker skinned. We at least know he is not from Westeros. My pick would be George Harris. He played Kingsley Shacklebolt in Harry Potter. He was also the pirate captain in the first Indiana Jones movie.

For Tormund, I'd go with either Jon Rhys-Davies or Robbie Coltrane, depending upon the age the director wants him to be.

GH

Mance Rayder - James Purefoy Ioan Gruffudd

Edmure Tully - David Wenham or Kristofer Hivju

Brynden Tully - Jeremy Irons or David Warner

Beric Dondarrion - Philip Glenister

Thoros of Myr - Christopher Heyerdahl

Queen of Thorns - Maggie Smith

Daario Naharis - Henry Cavill

Jojen Reed - Asa Butterfield

Meera Reed - Georgie Henley

Lady Selyse - Helen McRory

Shireen - Alexia Osborne

Tormund Giantsbane - Brendan Gleeson

Thoros of Myr: A red priest who follows the same religion as Melisandre. BILL NIGHY

Bill Nighy is, imo, one of the best actors of all times... but he is also damn recognized... I dont think HBO can afford him.

HBO does seem to like to dip into the well of its previous series and movies so its worth thinking seriously about individuals from previous projects. I've listed those whom they've already cast. Those that I've seen suggested . And others who might be worth considering.

Iain Glen, Into the Storm

Stephane Dillane, John Adams

Robert Pugh, Into the Storm

Donald Sumpter, Into the Storm

Patrick Malahide, Into the Storm, Elizabeth I

Lena Headey, The Gathering Storm

James Purefoy (Mance Rayder, Oberyn Martell, Brynden Tully)

Ciaran Hinds (Doran Martell)

Rufus Sewell (Mance Rayder, Brynden Tully)

Ray Stevenson (Tormund)

Kevin McKidd (Edmure Tully)

Derek Jacobi (Qyburn)

Lindsay Duncan (Olenna Redwyne)

Brendon Gleeson (Tormund, Mace Tyrell, Wyman Manderly)

Ian McShane (Mance Rayder, Brynden Tully, Doran Martell, Victarion Greyjoy)

Ian McNeice (Wyman Manderly, was originally supposed to play Illyrio I believe)

Tom Wilkinson

Vanessa Redgrave (Olenna Redwyne, although maybe a bit tall)

Polly Walker

David Morse

Danny Huston

Tom Hollander

Ebon Moss-Bachrach (Ramsay Bolton)

David Bamber

Michael Sheen

Jim Broadbent

There is already a couple of posts about the same topic, but there has not been a debate about who should play the Season 3 characters. David Benioff and D.B. Weiss will surely check on this page to see fan suggestions about who should portray upcoming characters, so let us lend a hand to them.

This are the confirmed characters of Season 3 for now. I'll put my suggestions first.

-Mance Rayder: We’ve heard about him all season. A former member of the Night’s Watch who became the “King Beyond the Wall,” the leader of the Wildlings. Michael Purefoy aka Marc Antony from "Rome"

Daario Naharis: A confident and seductive warrior. Jonathan Rhys Meyers

Jojen Reed; Meera Reed: A teenage brother and sister duo with special insights. no suggestions

Edmure Tully: A brash young member of the Tully family. no suggestions

Ser Brynden Tully (The Blackfish): Catelyn Stark’s uncle. Sean Connery (Why not? He's not doing anything)

Lady Selyse Florent: Stannis Baratheon’s wife. Sarah Jessica Parker

Shireen: Stannis’ daughter. already cast

Olenna Redwyne (The Queen of Thorns): Margaery Tyrell’s sharp-witted grandmother. no suggestions

Beric Dondarrion: A skilled knight who is the leader of the outlaw group Brotherhood Without Banners. no suggestions

Thoros of Myr: A red priest who follows the same religion as Melisandre. Bishop T.D. Jakes . . The Lawwwdddd of Light!!!

Tormund Giantsbane: A Wildling raider. RON PERLMAN or The Big Show Paul Wight (even has the right spelling of his last name).

My thoughts :cool4:

HBO does seem to like to dip into the well of its previous series and movies so its worth thinking seriously about individuals from previous projects. I've listed those whom they've already cast.

Yep also getting other folks from other similar era shows. After watching episodes of, "The Tudors" I was shocked to see how many folks other than the stated Natalie D. are on GOT. Seems like they also grabbed folks from the failed Starz series, "Camelot."

I guess toss some folks in from Rome or I just got an idea . .

Daario N. = Michael Pitt aka Jimmy Darmody from Boardwalk Empire . . . dude would be perfect he is young, nasty, mean, slick, likable and hateable all in once. He has the bad))) skills and the sexiness . . heck the dude is perfect.

Remember the casting doesn't care about looks as many of the characters look nothing like their book counterparts . .

http://awoiaf.westeros.org:8080/index.php/File:Daario_Naharis.jpg

Archived