Confirmed Season 3 Characters: Who do you want to play them?

Ser Holt Salinas

You guys still treat Edmure Tully like the young man he is in the books.

Just think of this for a while, they aged his sister (Catelyn) +20 years, maybe even more. That would make Edmure +20 years as well. Gray hairs in the red I'll say.

HBO's viewer guide listed him as "a young member of House Tully" though. So while he may be aged up, I see that more like in his 30s than in his 40s (though I'd make a personal exception for David Wenham, unlikely as it is). Cat is not aged +20 years. She is mid-30s in the book, and I think both Sean and Michelle can pass for 40s in the show.

I don't see anything bad about casting an older actor for Beric Dondarrion. We're not talking a heartthrob here.

But he is a heartthrob, ask Jeyne & Sansa lol :D I think they'll find someone who's in the age range of placeholder-Beric from S1 though. Plenty of actors in that demographic so shouldn't be too hard.

HBO's viewer guide listed him as "a young member of House Tully" though. So while he may be aged up, I see that more like in his 30s than in his 40s (though I'd make a personal exception for David Wenham, unlikely as it is). Cat is not aged +20 years. She is mid-30s in the book, and I think both Sean and Michelle can pass for 40s in the show.

But he is a heartthrob, ask Jeyne & Sansa lol :D I think they'll find someone who's in the age range of placeholder-Beric from S1 though. Plenty of actors in that demographic so shouldn't be too hard.

Actually I think Eddard/Robert was like 35, and Catelyn is suppose to be younger than Eddard by 3-4 years.

• 2 weeks later...

Cirian Hinds for The Blackfish?

Wouldn't say no. Wouldn't mind Ray Stevenson for that role either if we're going with Rome alumni. Stevenson certainly looks more soldierly than lordly which would fit with Blackfish's character.

Add James Purefoy as Mance and Kevin McKidd as Jon Connington to that list and you're on to a winner. :D

And, while Edmure is inexperienced at war, I never got the impression that he was that young in the books (something about him bedding a lot of women around the Riverlands over the years, if I recall). So, if Cat started off at 35 in the books and 45 on the show, I can see somebody around 40 playing Edmure, as I had pictured Edmure in his late 20s/early 30s.

I really hope they end up casting someone for Miisandei. With them killing off all her handmaidens, she really needs to be cast. Having no female companions for Daenerys seems wrong. I thought one of the best scenes for Essos was Irri and Doreah arguing before the garden party. Of course, that was just prelude to their deaths heh.

Edmure Tully - my favorite British actor Toby Stephens, son of Dame Maggie Smith...

I agree with you that he is great! I would like to see him as Mance, as he's got a bit of an edge to him. Both Stevens and Mance, that is.

Wouldn't mind Ray Stevenson for [blackfish] either if we're going with Rome alumni. Stevenson certainly looks more soldierly than lordly which would fit with Blackfish's character.

I really like that idea, but it seems Blackfish has been cast.

Add James Purefoy as Mance and Kevin McKidd as Jon Connington to that list and you're on to a winner.

Nice picks. For fun, here's an All Rome Veteran casting session:

Victorion: Ray Stevenson (Titus Pullo)

Berric Dondarrion: Kevin McKidd (Lucious Vorenus)

Oberyn "The Red Viper" Martell: James Purefoy (Marc Antony)

The Queen of Thorns: Lindsay Duncan (Servilia)

Wyman Manderly: Ian McNeice (The Newsreader)

Doran Martell: Guy Henry (Cassius)

The High Septon: Karl Johnson (Cato)

Archived