Confirmed Season 3 Characters: Who do you want to play them?

Ser Holt Salinas

He might be too pretty for the role, but there's some rumors that he has auditioned for Ramsay: Robert Sheehan.

I guess most people know him from Mistfits, which I haven't watched myself, but he did an amazing job in the Red Riding trilogy (

), cast by Nina Gold).

I love Robert Sheehan as an actor and was trying to think of who he could play - never considered Ramsay, but it could work...

Christ, if sean connery turned up in thrones i'd stop watching, unless he was playing hoster tullys corpse. In the spirit of the A list suggestions I'll say Marlon Brando would be great for the gout ridden martell, death shouldn't be an issue for a man of his talents.

Hmm... I think we found Daario. Francesco Arca audition tape:

Good reading, and appearance wise.... let the pictures do the talking.

http://1.citynews-today.stgy.it/~media/16594015657100/francesco-arca-2.jpg

http://www.tantogossip.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Francesco_Arca.jpg?9707a5

If they didn't hire him as Daario, make him... Daemon Sand or Gerris Drinkwater or something

Hmm... I think we found Daario. Francesco Arca audition tape: http://vimeo.com/43379434

Good reading, and appearance wise.... let the pictures do the talking.

http://1.citynews-to...esco-arca-2.jpg

http://www.tantogoss...Arca.jpg?9707a5

If they didn't hire him as Daario, make him... Daemon Sand or Gerris Drinkwater or something

GOD NO.

NOT HIM.

He was in a crappy show here in Italy where he had to sit on a throne and let women court him, in the end choosing one to be his girlfriend. Tne show is filled with morons, douchebags, bimbos, it's often compared to Jersey Shore...

If you want an italian actor looking like him and waaaaaaaaaay better I'd suggest Antonio Cupo.

GOD NO.

NOT HIM.

He was in a crappy show here in Italy where he had to sit on a throne and let women court him, in the end choosing one to be his girlfriend. Tne show is filled with morons, douchebags, bimbos, it's often compared to Jersey Shore...

If you want an italian actor looking like him and waaaaaaaaaay better I'd suggest Antonio Cupo.

Haha, Italian Jersey Shore, really? I guess that's why he's spot on with the Daario vibe. I'm assuming the casting process involve a second screening after the videos, so if he's really a crappy actor then Nina Gold & co would know.

Antonio Cupo is hot, (and now I want to watch that movie based on JK Rowling) but between him and Cas Anvar I actually like Cas Anvar better. In any case, in Gold we trust.

Haha, Italian Jersey Shore, really? I guess that's why he's spot on with the Daario vibe. I'm assuming the casting process involve a second screening after the videos, so if he's really a crappy actor then Nina Gold & co would know.

Antonio Cupo is hot, (and now I want to watch that movie based on JK Rowling) but between him and Cas Anvar I actually like Cas Anvar better. In any case, in Gold we trust.

I prefer Cas Anvar too!!

- Mance Rayder:

– Daario Naharis: Ben Barnes maybe? Might need someone darker skinned though, and Ben Barnes might not be the best actor, though he was nice in Dorian Gray

– Jojen Reed; Meera Reed: Once again, child actors, not my cup of tea.

– Edmure Tully:

– Ser Brynden Tully (The Blackfish):

– Lady Selyse Florent:

– Shireen: If they aged her like other children then maybe Sarah Bolger, if not....I don't know, child actresses age so damn fast...Britt Flatmo/Mackenzie Foy perhaps? Though Amelia Clarkson from the Jane Eyre movie is how I really would picture Shireen

– Olenna Redwyne (The Queen of Thorns):

– Beric Dondarrion: All of your alternatives are to old, I would say Max Pirkis who is the right age and a good actor, might be to short though+Don't know how he looks these days, though I could buy him as an empathic Dondarrion, there is also Eddie Redmayne, bit to old (born 82), but I liked him in Birdson, also could give Dondarrions empathic touch

– Thoros of Myr:

– Tormund Giantsbane:

Will continue later. Got stuff to do.

EDIT: Oh, and most of your suggestions in this thread totally suck, most of them are to old to play their characters as they are in the books (Like the Dondarrion suggestions), or they are of wrong ethnicity like someone suggested a very white and pasty guy for Naharis etc. Or they are simply to famous and costly. I know my alternatives aren't much better.

You guys still treat Edmure Tully like the young man he is in the books.

Just think of this for a while, they aged his sister (Catelyn) +20 years, maybe even more. That would make Edmure +20 years as well. Gray hairs in the red I'll say.

The Blackfish would probably be dead ;), no but seriously, at least very old. So not someone in his 50s like many have suggested.

I can't find the post now, but ever since someone suggested John Lynch for the Blackfish I can't see it being anyone else-- got the perfect look!

I had initially thrown out Sam Elliot in another thread (unrealistic for a million and one reasons, I know) just because I thought he had the look and demeanor down... but John Lynch is where it's at for Ser Brynden.

I don't see anything bad about casting an older actor for Beric Dondarrion. We're not talking a heartthrob here. They've aged up pretty much every character. Actress playing Catelyn is almost 50.

Though I agree with you when it comes to the suggestions. People are naming way too famous people, that's why I always try to think of some good and relatively unknown actors

Edit:

John Lynch as the Blackfish, agree with that one :)

I don't see anything bad about casting an older actor for Beric Dondarrion. We're not talking a heartthrob here. They've aged up pretty much every character. Actress playing Catelyn is almost 50.

Though I agree with you when it comes to the suggestions. People are naming way too famous people, that's why I always try to think of some good and relatively unknown actors

Edit:

John Lynch as the Blackfish, agree with that one :)

Well, they wouldn't have to age Dondarrion up since he has no other characters tied to him. And really, he is suppose to radiate that youthful innocence, and a very empathic stance.

I think the two actors I suggested would be good for this.

Archived