Could Melisandre resurrect Jon Snow?

YazzyYaz

I think Bran reviving Jon would be cool but Melisandre makes more sense. Why say that her powers were stronger at the wall if there was no intended use? Shes gonna resurrect Jon and hes gonna have some weird/cool side effects from it.

A sliver of silver hair. Try saying that 5 times fast.

idk if anybody has already said this, but jon can still warg into a human's body... first to ghost, then to somebody

in prologue, varamyr regrets he didn't take the other guy's body (i don't really remember names now) cause it is an abomination, but jon doesn't know pretty much about the "rules of warging"

though i think it's more possible for mel to ressurect jon...

maybe stannis was just a tool melisandre used to reach him after all

No he can't, at least thats what Varamyr tells us in the prologue, and I think he would have warged Hodor and killed everyone by now if he could. Varamyr says that when your life as a human ends your powers as a warg die as well.

A question: If Jon dies and is reborn, wouldn't that mean he was still commander of the Nights Watch?

If he dies, obviously he can no longer lead the Night's Watch; his watch is ended. If he is reborn, there could be a new elected Lord Commander already, or if none, an acting leader that the men of the Night's Watch have chosen.

Presumably he would still feel compelled to live by vows, even if his decision to march south was tecnically a breach of them.
That's my concern if he ever brought back to life. Yep, he's watch is ended. But will he still need to answer of his decision to march south? Block or Wall?

In the meantime the Watch would have appointed another commander, but if Jon was reinstated he would then be the 100th, right?
If he gets elected again, I guess so.

And thanks to the CotF he knows that it is possible to call people / spirits back from the dead.

Forgive me if this has been brought up before, and if it's in the wrong thread... but what if Bran calls Ned back and Ned is the one to tell Jon of his parentage. Like a Ned haunting or something like that.

There wont be a new lord commander because there wont be a Nights Watch. The wall is comin down and the Others are gonna kill anything that moves.

If the Wall comin' down, doesn't mean the NW is gone too. And if the Others are comin', the NW is needed more than ever.

If that happens then I hope the watch reforms as a much more relaxed organisation

I'm hopin' the NW will be restored to its former glory.

I'm slowly becoming convinced of the idea that Melisandre is resurrected herself, in which case she might very well die, much like Beric Dondarrion did, if she brings Jon back.

The question is, what will Bowen Marsh and his men do with Jon's body. The first thing that came in my mind is that they will try to burn it unless Melisandre will stop them.

You know, that makes me wonder if burning him would work right out, if he's AA reborn. Maybe this is how his heritage is finally revealed, they try to burn him and it doesn't work the way it should.

How will Mel resurrect Jon? Giving him the kiss of fire, or burning him on a funeral pyre?

If Mel will give him the kiss of fire, Jon will become UnJon and Jon won't be the same again. See UnCat? Beric also said that he remembered less and less of his past life. Not a bright future for UnJon. And btw, can Mel do it? Maybe she can perform the ritual, but will R'hllor grant Jon the life? Thoros believes that he didn't raise Beric; he only performed the ritual but it was his god who raised UnBeric six times.

If Mel will burn him on a funeral pyre, will Jon rise again unscathed? Why? Because he's a Targaryen fireproof? That funeral magic thingy is only a one time whoa event with Dany, people in this forum keep saying. No sense if it will happen again to Jon. Mel can use him for something else though - she will use his royal blood to wake dragons from stone.

Since Jon's true condition is not yet confirmed, he better be alive than dead. But if he's alive, he's stuck on that bloody Wall. Maybe that's where he truly belongs. Another but --- will Bowen and company let him live? This situation is more complicated than the Meereenesse Knot. I should start calling Jon's complicated situation the Walnut Wall Knot.

THis made me crack up for some reason, probably cuz its clever

Why does everyone think Jon will stay at the Wall if he is brought back. He just got backstabbed by his sworn brothers multiple times and everything he has ever done at the wall he has struggled with his vows to the point that he almost took Stannis's offer to make him a Stark. I dunno I just feel Jon is gonna be a huge part of the story once he is up and about.

Only death can pay for life. Melisandre will sacrifice Ghost to bring Jon back and he will be alive, his wounds healed like Drogo's were, not a revenant like Beric or Cat. Let the wailing and gnashing of teeth begin!

I believe the assassination is a ploy involving Mel+ Mance and Mance's pink bastard letter.

Mance writes the letter, prompting Jon to strike south.

That prompts the assassination (which Mel prophesied).

Mel uses magic to save Jon.

This causes Jon to trust Mel (which is what Mel wanted all along).

I agree that you can't have Azor Ahai and Lightbringer without Nissa Nissa. It is her soul that finally binds itself to the sword and makes it Lightbringer.

I like the idea of Dany being Nissa Nissa Reborn (NNR) but I also would like GRRM to turn the tables and have NNR be a man.

Dany = AAR & Mormont = NNR

Dany = AAR & Jon = NNR

Dany = AAR & Tyrion = NNR

Arya = AAR & Gendry = NNR (crackpot)

Or, alternatively, AAR=Jon and Ghost =NNR.

The Old Yeller' angle is a real heart breaker.

Or maybe AAR=Jon NNR=Arya.

Perhaps the wildings or some of Stannis' men that were left at the wall, or even some of the Night's Watchmen come and help Jon before he is fatally wounded and we start off WoW with him waking in a bed and recalling what had happened. It's definitely the easiest explanation and who's to say things have to be so grandiose concerning these matters. I know it's lame, but that can also be a possibility.

When I read Jon/Melisandre's account of of the Wall, plus with other hints and remarks about magic, it is almost clear that Jon will be resurrected by Mel.

Which is exactly why that can't be true, no matter how much I hope that happens.

Magic has returned to the world - we know that, from the warlocks in Qarth, from Quaithe ("the glass candles are burning"), from the pyromancers and 'the substance' working well in KL. Melisandre, as many of y'all have pointed out, notices that her powers are working better at the Wall. That may have to do with the dragons, but probably has to do with the magic of The Wall.

That fact should point us in the direction that Mel will just say, "oh no! not jon snow!" and save him. but she may not, because who ever knows what Mel is thinking? She also may decide to try, but find that she cannot save Jon Snow.

(Evidence to that idea comes from the series, when Mel is with Thoros and she is suprised to learn that Thoros can save people from the dead, when she never has.)

Examples of the Red Priests' magic:

1. Cressen failing to kill Melisandre because The Lord of Light protects her

2. Catelyn washing up and Thoros saving her, but sacrificing Beric

3. Beric being resurrected 7 (!) freaking times

4. Moqorro doing that thing to VIctarion's hand

Many of them have consequences:

1. Victarion's hand is permanently on fire and is awesome

2. Beric and Cat being ghosts of themselves and acting strange, or 'focused'

What would Jon's thing be? He has to live as Ghost? (which, frankly would be quite interesting) Unlikely. With GRRM, I actually have no guess as to what will happen.

But I think that Melisandre can definitely save good 'ol Jon Snow.

Also, something to ponder: Mel warns Jon that he's going to be stabbed in the back, which shows that she may have a plan for him, and wants him around so she can do her Melisandre thing.

She clearly wants him alive, so she should have motive to bring him back.

Archived