(Spoiler) Rose / Jeyne poole

4rcane

Just finished watching the tv season season 2 and and interesting thought came to me in regards to Rose character that is not in the book at all but seem to be amalgamation of various whore characters. Theres a possibility that Rose could take the Jeyne Poole role (best friend of Sansha from the North). Rose is from the North and knows a lot about North. She's with Littlefinger. HBO won't need to recast a new character, but simply use an existing character that have similar background to Jeyne Poole yet can still do nude and sex scenes for later on in the series

Ahem... You've read DWD? And you're referring to what happens there? If yes, then how on earth

could anyone believe for a second that she's Arya? Even if you give her the benefit of doubt, she'd still never pass for anyone under 20, much less for a tomboyish girl with brown hair.

Jeyne Poole would have a role in season 6-7 assuming the show gets that far. By then the actress playing Arya will be about 18 if I remember correctly. So the idea that Ros might be Jeyne Poole seems pretty reasonable

Maisie Williams is 15, but looks younger. Esmé Bianco is 30. Fake Arya will likely appear in Season 4 - that'll be filmed in 2013, when Maisie Williams is 16, and Esme Bianco will be 31. At latest, it'll be Season 5 - filmed in 2014, when Williams is 17 and Bianco is 32. I don't see that being plausible at all.

Too early to tell, as has been pointed out. Might be a way for the show to show how ridiculous that is. After all, did Ramsay/Roose/Littlefinger really need a believeable Arya?

But as this is so long into the future of the series, they can introduce a new character quite as easily, I don't think this is on the producers minds right now. After all, maybe the actress doesn't want anymore three or four years from now, maybe they go a whole other way, etc. ..

Better preoccupy ourselves with plotting and casting problems of Season 3 right now ;)

I know people like making jokes about Ros stealing scenes from everyone, but I really can't see D&D doing this. It's ridiculous.

Then I guess this is not the time to mention I think she's Rhaenys Targaryen and that she is going to be the Targaryen princess that will show in a Dance with Dragons instead of you know who!

Jeyne Poole would have a role in season 6-7 assuming the show gets that far. By then the actress playing Arya will be about 18 if I remember correctly. So the idea that Ros might be Jeyne Poole seems pretty reasonable

Uhh, except Ros is a redhead and Northerners would know Arya is a teenager who had dark hair? And Ros would be in her mid to late 30s......

ETA: Much more likely she'd have to pass for Sansa than Arya if they even think to go that route which I sincerely hope they do not.

Too early to tell, as has been pointed out. Might be a way for the show to show how ridiculous that is. After all, did Ramsay/Roose/Littlefinger really need a believeable Arya?

They needed a minimally believable Arya. It can't be blatantly obvious that the fake Arya couldn't possibly be Arya because she's almost twenty years older than Arya. That's insulting everyone's intelligence. If it didn't matter at all, why choose Jeyne Poole, who's probably the living person best able to pretend to be Arya?

what on earth is the Dagmer = Ramsey theory?! it sounds so absurd i want to see this thread!

Some people thought that since Reek/Ramsay wasn't present in Winterfell during Theon's arc, and Dagmer took a lot of his role (pushing Theon into acting evil), then therefore Dagmer must be Ramsay in disguise. It's as stupid as it sounds.

They made the mistake of not casting Jeyne Poole in the first place, I guess they didn't realize she'd play a part in ADwD. No Jeyne Poole and no possible Ramsay means to me that the theon storyline in season 5/6 will play out vastly different from what's in ADwD.

They could always go the original character route, and Theon just discovers the fake, but w/e. I still don't think they'll include that story since it would take up so much screentime in the season and it ultimately has very little relevance to the overall story. Theon's story could be shortened to simply him being imprisoned then escaping when Stannis invades, and getting saved by Asha/caught by Stannias.

Or they'll kill him off and save some money.

They have to have Jeyne Poole in season 5/6. The Fake Arya subplot is vitally important to pretty much everything that happens up north in ADWD, and Theon finally getting up the guts to save her is a massive step in his character development. It'd be quite easy to have Jeyne introduced as well- just say she was one of Sansa's friends from before everything went south, and have Theon not initially recognising her, with her having to introduce herself.

They have to have Jeyne Poole in season 5/6. The Fake Arya subplot is vitally important to pretty much everything that happens up north in ADWD, and Theon finally getting up the guts to save her is a massive step in his character development. Theon's whole storyline is also one of the most compelling parts of ADWD, and I'll be very disappointed if they decide to screw it up.

It wouldn't be the first storyline they've truncated. Look at Arya's arc in S2. You should be expecting more of the same in future seasons, not less. I really don't see how they could possibly fit a good chunk of Theon's arc into the future seasons, especially with key players missing.

I know its nice to want to be faithful to your favorite stories - it's one of my favorite arcs as well, but you have to be realistic.

It wouldn't be the first storyline they've truncated. Look at Arya's arc in S2.

They certainly took out some parts of Arya's arc, but nothing as dramatic as taking out the entire Jeyne Poole plot would be. It's the entire basis of Theon's plot in the fifth book. They've not yet removed anything with nearly as much significance to the overall plot.

They clearly left Jeyne Poole out because having an actress on retainer and not on screen for four years is ridiculous. If the show gets that far, she'll be a character introduce as "fake"-Arya, before we find out she was actually close to Sansa. There's no way they'll cut that plot, it's far too good.

They clearly left Jeyne Poole out because having an actress on retainer and not on screen for four years is ridiculous. If the show gets that far, she'll be a character introduce as "fake"-Arya, before we find out she was actually close to Sansa. There's no way they'll cut that plot, it's far too good.

They could have easily shown her and then recast her when they needed her for later. They're doing that for Beric.

Please don't, aside from no one would buy that Arya is a 30 year old redhead, it's sick that the show treats Ros like a convenient punching bag already. And if they actually show the Jeyne Poole stuff and make it titillating, heads will roll. That scene works better with a young girl, if anything. Though since Vayon and Jeyne had never been properly introduced, if they still go with the plot it would seem pulled out of thin air.

Archived