Season 2 EMMY NOMINATIONS

manh2244

One thing is desires, another possibilities. Surely this cast deserves emmy, but individually, there are few who can be really nominated

1. Peter Dinklage - he was even greater this season

2. Charles Dance - I hate his character, but man, he nailed it

3. Tom Wlaschiha - wow, I never thought his scenes would be that cooool

As for ladies:

1. Lena Headey - one word, perfection

2. Maisie Williams - she is embodied Arya so well

3. Sophie Turner - I really liked Sophie this season, and I think she deserves a nod

Everybody else, wait for your turn next season...

Peter Dinklage will definitely get nominated. The rest of the cast might get nominated in the supporting category

I would love to see these actors be nominated but i doubt they will.

Alfie Allen - Theon Greyjoy

Maisie Williams - Arya Stark

Charles Dance - Tywin Lannister

Lena Headly was excellent but I doubt she will get nominated

If I could only pick one for each category to be nominated, it would be Alfie Allen and Maisie Williams because those two owned every single scene they were in. However, it's far more realistic to think that Peter Dinklage and Lena Headey will be the ones to be nominated, though I don't think they have any chance of winning unfortunately.

Dinklage and Headey will definitely be nominated, and I think Headey is in with a shot of winning. Can't see any of the others getting the nod though, even though some deserve it (Maisie Williams, mainly).

One of my personal favourites is Maisie. She's truly a talented actress and she's perfect for her role as Arya. I see qualities in her acting that I rarely see in actors at her age, let alone an actor in her first screen role. Season two added more 'meat' to her role and gave her more opportunities to show her talent, particularly in her scenes with Charles Dance.

But unfortunately the academy hasn't been too generous when it comes to nominating child actors (the academy has never given the primetime award to an actor under 18 in a series: The youngest to get a nomination was Claire Danes at 16. Roxana Zal did win a primetime Emmy at 14, but that was for a TV movie). And it's a pity that the academy screeners don't include her scenes with Dance (their campaign package only includes the first two episodes). However, it would be fantastic if the academy at least gave Maisie a nod.

Who I hope will get a nomination (based on HBO's submissions):

• Maisie Williams
    One of the standouts in the strong ensemble cast.
  • Alfie Allen
    Of those submitted for consideration, I think Alfie Allen has been the most impressive this year, apart from Dinklage.

Who I think has the best chances of getting a nomination (based on HBO's submissions):

• Emilia Clarke:
    I haven't been too impressed by Emilia this season, but she appears among the top 10 (100/1 odds) on GoldDerby, so her chances of being nominated (although slim) seems relatively good compared to the other submissions.
  • Lena Headey:
    I personally think Headey has made a stronger impression this season and some of her scenes have been very good indeed. I wouldn't be too surprised if Lena was nominated instead of Emilia (she doesn't appear on any expert/editor lists on GoldDerby, but her listed odds are the same as Emilia's).
  • Peter Dinklage:
    He won last year in the same category, but I still think he has a much better chance of being nominated than Alfie Allen. He's listed first on the odds list.

I was hoping that Charles Dance would be put up for consideration by HBO (he would be my clear favourite), although the actors can submit their own names for consideration.

Maisie Williams would be my choice. The scenes with Arya (especially Arya vs. Tywin and Arya vs. Jaqen 'HGhar) were so good.

I feel kind of weird saying that, though, since at the same time I've been concerned that the HBO series is pulling punches with the character, where in the book the character is much darker. But the actress did an great job.

The portrayal of Stannis has been awesome, so kudos to Steven Dillane for that.

Alfie Allen was impressive as Theon, Nicolaj Coster-Waldau as Jaime, and Sophie Turner as Sansa.

In smaller roles, my favourites from season 2 were Tom Wlaschila as Jaqen, Conleth Hill as Varys, and Rory McCann as the Hound.

Honourable mention to Jack Gleeson as Joffrey - you can't help but hate him.

Well it's safe to say that Emilia and Kit will never be nominated. Atrocious actors.

Emilia's acting in the Red Waste is some of the best in the series IMO. I think she does an amazing job considering that Dany has been constantly evolving since episode 1. Kit Harrington is pretty good too, although I thought he was much better in the first season. I guess that could just be because Jon is a more interesting character in the first season, though.

You're joking right? Kit has the same gormless face every episode and his act skills isas if there's a fork up his arse, which is a shame because Jon is a very good character in the books. Emilia was painfully annoying this season, more so than the one before. She's going to be one of those typical cringy awful pretty actress out there. Red waste acting was meh anyway.

Archived