Eddard and Robert: A Tragic Love Story

Winter's Knight

That's right folks, the real tragedy of ASoIaF is not the star crossed romance of Rhaegar and Lyanna but the love that dared not speak it's name.

Consider Eddard Stark, the second son outshone in looks and vitality by his elder brother Brandon. Whilst living with his foster father, he grows close to the brave and handsome Robert Baratheon .

Robert is everything Eddard isn't-fond of laughter and of battle, a real man''s man.

Except in one thing. (dun dun DUN)

Robert harbours a secret lust for his foster brother.

The evidence is subtle but irrefutable: apart from Ned's infamous "muscled like a maiden's dream" remark, there is his resentment of Cersei from the very beginning of AGoT, his passionless marriage, there is Robert's inability to sleep with a woman sober and then, there is Lyanna.

Yes Lyanna. Consider, Arya is said to resemble Lyanna and she is said to resemble Ned as well. Is it just a coincidence that Robert fell in love with a girl who looks just like Ned?

Funny stuff, although I'm pretty sure you're wrong. ;)

Robert seemed very curious about Wylla, he thought she must have been some woman to make Eddard Stark break his vows: but vows to who? Surely not Cat. No clearly it was a cover: Robert didn't understand what woman could ever have attracted Ned's eye.

Great topic but he is in fact referring to Cat.

“Nor will I. Leave it be, Robert, for the love you say you bear me. I dishonored myself and I dishonored Catelyn, in the sight of gods and men.”

“Gods have mercy, you scarcely knew Catelyn.”

“I had taken her to wife. She was carrying my child.”

oh, so Stannis is gay too.

Maybe Jaime, Doran, Robb are gay. Im sure if you dig in the pages you can find many 'proofs' and 'evidence'

Excellent point about Jaime considering he shows virtually no interest in women outside the masculine Brienne and the sister that he began his sexual activities with when she looked just like a boy and the rest of his devotion being directed towards men like the Blackfish.

I'm not entirely sure what is funnier the actual thread and the puns or the rampant homophobia exhibited by those who can't possibly countenance that there are more than 4 or 5 gay people on the earth at any one time.

See, now I really want fanfic for this stuff. Maybe an orgy: Ned, Rob, Renly, Loras, Stannis and Davos.:D

N

Excellent point about Jaime considering he shows virtually no interest in women outside the masculine Brienne and the sister that he began his sexual activities with when she looked just like a boy and the rest of his devotion being directed towards men like the Blackfish.

I'm pretty sure Jaime looked incredibly feminine in his youth, rather than Cersei looking like a boy. I always pictured him as an aged up pretty boy by the time GoT hits (people tend to describe him as "beautiful"), and I can't picture Cersei as anything bordering on masculine. :P

I'm not entirely sure what is funnier the actual thread and the puns or the rampant homophobia exhibited by those who can't possibly countenance that there are more than 4 or 5 gay people on the earth at any one time.

See, now I really want fanfic for this stuff. Maybe an orgy: Ned, Rob, Renly, Loras, Stannis and Davos. :D

N

I'll get right on it!

Being in the same castle as Eddard Stark was driving the king insane. Try as he might, he just couldn't rid himself of the temptous desire coursing through his veins, forcing him to spend night after restless night tossing and turning...

I would like to suggest a spin-off series called "Two and a Half Sers", about Jon Snow and his two gay dads (The Ned and The Bob).

GOT spin-off? They could do this in between seasons of GOT, give Martin more time to write. Plus, there are already zombies in Westeros so there is precedent. It'd also be a great way to introduce Qyburn in to the show.

First post, love this place!

Having said that, This thread is proof that we just really need winds, and fast!

Robert did not sleep with women all over westeros just to prove he was a man! He sired the wench that hit on Gendry. It was said that Robert was prisoner at the time. I highly doubt that they let Robert get wasted while being captive.

Come on people.

Now, come on ya'll, if GRRM reads this thread he's gonna be really unhappy I made him change what he was planning on calling the books:

A Game of Bromances

A Clash of Hidden Desires

A Storm of Cocks

A Feast for Fellatio

A Dance in the Closet

The Winds of Homonormativity

A Dream of Coming out

:( Don't make him say I told you so...

I'm out of likes for the day but had to say something. This is truly epic. And is it wrong that I like these titles better than the ones Martin came up with?

Y'know, I think I'll subscribe to this theory-just y'all wait, Howland Reed will prove me right in TWoW!

:commie:

I noticed the change in your signature....Howland Reed will prove you right, I have no doubt.

I'm pretty sure Jaime looked incredibly feminine in his youth, rather than Cersei looking like a boy. I always pictured him as an aged up pretty boy by the time GoT hits (people tend to describe him as "beautiful"), and I can't picture Cersei as anything bordering on masculine. :P

They are twins so it's quite likely that the times Robert claimed his marital rights with Cersei, he thought it was Jaime. After all, the guy was drunk all the time so it could happen.

Having said that, This thread is proof that we just really need winds, and fast!

:lmao:

Oh dude, it's only been a year. Come back when you've been waiting five +

N

Then there is this:

"Robert will never keep to one bed," Lyanna had told him at Winterfell, on the night long ago when their

father had promised her hand to the young Lord of Storm's End. "I hear he has gotten a child on some

girl in the Vale." Ned had held the babe in his arms; he could scarcely deny her, nor would he lie to his

sister, but he had assured her that what Robert did before their betrothal was of no matter, that he was a

good man and true who would love her with all his heart. Lyanna had only smiled. "Love is sweet,

dearest Ned, but it cannot change a man's nature."

Hmm..."cannot change a man's nature"? And look at Ned being so staunchly loyal to his King Robert.

Robert did not sleep with women all over westeros just to prove he was a man! He sired the wench that hit on Gendry. It was said that Robert was prisoner at the time. I highly doubt that they let Robert get wasted while being captive.

Come on people.

Are you suggesting that he'd sleep with some random woman while believing the love of his life was being raped and he himself was being hunted whilst sober?

Are you suggesting that he'd sleep with some random woman while believing the love of his life was being raped and he himself was being hunted whilst sober?

Are you suggesting that King Bob was ever completely sober once he was big enugh to be able to drink a whole horn of ale on his own - because that would be a truly shocking theory.

I think I failed to read the sarcasm in this thread. I am new and will be better next time! NED WAS GAY!!!! "IT IS KNOWN"

Archived