Eddard and Robert: A Tragic Love Story

Winter's Knight

Agreed, Stannis is clearly repressing his desires. Also isn't teeth grinding a classic freudian example of repressed homosexuality. Clearly Stannis' repressed desires manifest in the form of his ultra consverative attitude and why he heaps scorn on Robert and Renly who both embrace their sexuality and have happily found their true loves.

Well, I think Stannis is in luck since he has finally met his true love: Jon Snow. Even Mel comments on how fond Stannis is of Jon. Coincidence?? I think not.

10% :bang: are you kidding me, you say that 1 in the 10 people you see waliking in the street is gay?

What does it matter to you unless you plan on sleeping with all of them?

Also Cat and Ned had very few children given the length of time they were married. Look at Cat's reflections in her first chapter in AGOT: she thinks it's three years since she had Rickon and she hopes now for another child. Sounds to me like nothing had been going on in that bedchamber for a quite a while, but the second Robert shows up Ned gets the itch? Conclusive evidence if you ask me.

Jon was described as a Maid by Ygritte and Quentyn was described as a maid by Drinkwater, so maybe the Maiden who fancied the muscled Bob was Ned!

Also Ned and Robert's nostalgia about their time together in the Eyrie.....

Absolutely. Plus Mel doesn't actually do anything really untowards when it comes to Davos either, which begs the question whether or not Stannis has not convinced her that Davos will be joining them in shadowbaby making aaaaany time soon.

So that's why Melisandre needs so desperately to get Davos involved, it all makes sense, obviously Stannis is flagging and his fires are burning low - because he's secretly not interested in women. Melisandre, perceptive as she is, realizes that if Davos is involved Stannis will have a new spurt of energy and finally achieve relief!

...Maybe Jaime, Doran, Robb are gay. Im sure if you dig in the pages you can find many 'proofs' and 'evidence'

But that's just crazy talk, Jaime is obsessed with his sister and, the admittedly slightly mannish looking, Brienne, Doran was unhappily married and Robb was very close to his direwolf.

Funny. Ned and Catelyn relationship is what I consider to be only true love in this series. Built brick by brick and cemented with trust.

Well, Cat was a Tully so she did her duty and covered for him all these years. Plus, this helps explain how LF fathered so many of her children.

Funny. Ned and Catelyn relationship is what I consider to be only true love in this series. Built brick by brick and cemented with trust.

And this from someone who claims to be Ned's Epic Beard?

Haven't we established that was Cat's role *Wink wink*

Um . . .yeah dude,I know at least 3 people from my high school grade who are now openly gay, and most of my friends who went to different schools all know several gay people. The only reason that it ever seemed such a rarity was because of the social stigma, now that it is accepted people freely admit it.

And? Do you think that if you prefer to sleep with men rather than women that it has any bearing on how well you can fight?

\

it is not only a taboo. You are gay because you have problems with your hormones, you dont just choose to fuck guys.

So there is no way 10% of the Earths population has the same problem. Even 1%.

All the other gays that 'choose' to be, only do it because with the mass media now society kinda accepts it

That wasnt the case in Late Medieval.

sorry if i seem angry, im not so good with English :D

Well, I think Stannis is in luck since he has finally met his true love: Jon Snow. Even Mel comments on how fond Stannis is of Jon. Coincidence?? I think not.

What does it matter to you unless you plan on sleeping with all of them?

Didn't Jon say somethingto Mel about Stannis wanting to get head from him.

...Also Ned and Robert's nostalgia about their time together in the Eyrie.....

yes playing with 'fruit' over the breakfast table with no doubt much licking of sticky juices afterwards. It's like a secret hidden in plain sight.

Hell Robert probably suggested the whole "marry Margaery so you can be closer to Loras" idea to Renly because it was the exact plan him and Ned had with Robert marrying Lyanna.

Well, Cat was a Tully so she did her duty and covered for him all these years. Plus, this helps explain how LF fathered so many of her children.

Indeed. Why else would Littlefinger insist on having Sansa call him "father"? Besides, all of the kids except Arya have the Tully look, but Jon has the Stark look despite actually being a Targ, so the only reasonable thing to believe is that while Ned was mooning about Bob, Cat got busy with LF trying to secure the next generation of Tully look alikes.

sorry if i seem angry, im not so good with English :D

No, but you are quite literate when it comes to homophobia.

10% :bang: are you kidding me, you say that 1 in the 10 people you see waliking in the street is gay?

it is like saying 1 in each football team is gay, or that each family has a gay member. I dont know what is happening in your country but this is just stupid. The Media is just trying to prove that being gay is common, with all the movies and the TV series but that is not the case.

Think about your classmates. 30 students, did 3 of them turned out gay???

And im just talking for western countries, dont even get me started on India or Africa. Even 1% gay in India, 10,000,000 people. I dont think so

Also of course in the past there were fewer gays, i dont think it was common and it was a society taboo. So no way even 1% of medieval population is guy. Imagine the 20,000 men of Robbs army are 2000 of them guy, seriously? :devil:

please anwer

Wow, people get really sensitive about this. Lol.

10% is a high end estimate. And yes, 3/30 of my classmates were gay.

Even if it is closer to 5%, geez, calm down. No one called you gay man. ;)

it is like saying 1 in each football team is gay, or that each family has a gay member. I dont know what is happening in your country but this is just stupid. The Media is just trying to prove that being gay is common, with all the movies and the TV series but that is not the case.

Think about your classmates. 30 students, did 3 of them turned out gay???

And im just talking for western countries, dont even get me started on India or Africa. Even 1% gay in India, 10,000,000 people. I dont think so

Also of course in the past there were fewer gays, i dont think it was common and it was a society taboo. So no way even 1% of medieval population is guy. Imagine the 20,000 men of Robbs army are 2000 of them guy, seriously? :devil:

please anwer

No one is saying that this 10% of the population is openly gay or even that they are leading a secret gay lifestyle. It's not unheard of for people to deny something about themselves. The 10% is a scientific number, not a random TV series number.

What in the name of? cat and little finger :ack:. Its like reading a very bad fanfic.

Sure, why not?

Cat's family words were "Family, Duty, Honor" so she'd feel responsible with continuing the Stark line. Who better to trust than the man who so obviously loved her?

no way the main protagonist of a fantasy series, being described as a man with a happy family, 5 children and in love with his wife is gay and likes Roberts the taste of the rob-cock.

Plus, no evidence from Catlyns POV, who is inlove with Ned and remembers LF as a childhood friend

But what if The Ned was bisexual? Possible, eh?

Wow, people get really sensitive about this. Lol.

10% is a high end estimate. And yes, 3/30 of my classmates were gay.

Even if it is closer to 5%, geez, calm down. No one called you gay man. ;)

sorry, im not that good to tell my opinion in English. Its not my native tongue. I dont want to sound angry, just my way to pass my point in english and also typing

which is a lot more difficult than talking (to me)

no way the main protagonist of a fantasy series, being described as a man with a happy family, 5 children and in love with his wife is gay and likes Roberts the taste of the rob-cock.

Plus, no evidence from Catlyns POV, who is inlove with Ned and remembers LF as a childhood friend

Why can't you have a bisexual main protagonist to a fantasy series? Is there some kind of rule?

Although seeing as he dies before teh end of teh first book he can't really be described as the main protagonist

it is not only a taboo. You are gay because you have problems with your hormones, you dont just choose to fuck guys.

So there is no way 10% of the Earths population has the same problem. Even 1%.

Sorry But being gay is not a hormonal problem or any sort of problem. It's how some people naturally are, in the same way that some people are naturally left handed as oppossed to righthanded.

All the other gays that 'choose' to be, only do it because with the mass media now society kinda accepts it

Seriously ? I know this is a sort of a piss take of a thread, so I am hoping this is made in jest.

That wasnt the case in Late Medieval.

Actually there is quite a lot you can read about homosexuality in the Middle Ages and in most time periods. If you just look at London through the ages, Catherine Arnold wrote a great book called City of Sin, which goes into the naughtier side of London through its history from the Romans onwards.

Archived