Eddard and Robert: A Tragic Love Story

Winter's Knight

Ok, i thought at start that it was a serious theory and got kinda mad

But i gotta know does anyone belive it for serious. That seriously Ned was gay or even Bysexual

It burns me!

:devil:

please let me know, does anyone realy belive this?

Yes, I completely believe this theory. We should have it pinned for easy reference. :)

I've heard those pregnancy pounds are tough to shed. :)

Also whoever suggested the idea about Victarion going round the world solving things the Victarion way, please start a thread!

They are.

And I agree, we need a Victarion thread.

Poor King Bob also had to deal with his estrangement from Ned, with him sitting there up in the North, being all dutiful, leaving Bob to his lonesome, with only ale, wine and huge portions of chocolate cake to keep him company. No wonder the poor lovesick man added a few pounds post pregnancy.

Depression drove him to it and who can resist chocolate cake?

Besides, Ned would love him no matter what.

It suddenly occurs to me, have we discovered another reason for the Godswood there in KL? A place for them to be alone and pray together without judging eyes looking on?

...It suddenly occurs to me, have we discovered another reason for the Godswood there in KL? A place for them to be alone and pray together without judging eyes looking on?

Apart from Bloodraven and the old gods...but I've heard they are quite keen on watching that kind of thing over the weirnet.

Great topic but he is in fact referring to Cat.

“Nor will I. Leave it be, Robert, for the love you say you bear me. I dishonored myself and I dishonored Catelyn, in the sight of gods and men.”

“Gods have mercy, you scarcely knew Catelyn.”

“I had taken her to wife. She was carrying my child.”

Nah, "Cat" is clearly code for "feelings". The child is clearly his secret growing love for Rob, or the child (Jon) that Rob was carrying. Naturally the traumatic birth meant that Bob has amnesia about the whole pregnancy and Ned has PTSD and has transferred all his memories to include a weirded melding of his sister's death.

Sigh....Days of Our Lives, eat your heart out for that storyline. :smug:

I'm out of likes for the day but had to say something. This is truly epic. And is it wrong that I like these titles better than the ones Martin came up with?

I'm glad you liked them, kittykat! :)

A Storm of cocks for your next re-read? :P

Apart from Bloodraven and the old gods...but I've heard they are quite keen on watching that kind of thing over the weirnet.

Well, when you're a tree, you gotta do something for entertainment.

But, correct me if I'm wrong, there are no wierwoods in KL. It was an oak tree, IIRC.

Ok, i thought at start that it was a serious theory and got kinda mad

But i gotta know does anyone belive it for serious. That seriously Ned was gay or even Bysexual

It burns me!

:devil:

please let me know, does anyone realy belive this?

Well, I didn't at first, but when confronted with all of this overwhelmingly reasonable evidence, I think we can all agree that Ned and Robert's homosexual relationship is clear as the day is long. There's only one problem I see with some of the logic. Targs are immune to "sickness" so I think it's really unlikely that Rhaegar would have "caught the gay." I think he might be the odd man out here.

@ Lord Paramount of Essos Why do these unshakeable truths make you angry?

Nah, "Cat" is clearly code for "feelings". The child is clearly his secret growing love for Rob, or the child (Jon) that Rob was carrying. Naturally the traumatic birth meant that Bob has amnesia about the whole pregnancy and Ned has PTSD and has transferred all his memories to include a weirded melding of his sister's death.

Sigh....Days of Our Lives, eat your heart out for that storyline. :smug:

"Leave it be, Robert, for the love you say you bear me"

That is such a terribly tender and romantic thing to say and yet... a hint of something else as well. It's not the love Robert bears for Ned, it's the love Robert claims to bear for him yet goes on to marry that 'Lannister woman' and the way he carries on with all his hussies despite Ned remaining ever faithfull. Is this the culprit for so many of Ned's sleepless nights?

I'm glad you liked them, kittykat! :)

A Storm of cocks for your next re-read? :P

A Dance in the Closet is so strangely catchy.

I'm out of likes :bawl: so I'll have to come back tomorrow and spam likes on this thread.

Ah yes, Bloodravens legendary "stash" where he pays Bran to ask Sansa to strip "for the North" was it?

A Dance in the Closet is so strangely catchy.

Yes, although it does sound a bit cramped, especially if you like Robert have added a few pounds during pregnancy.

New theory; Robert has Littlefinger murder Jon Arryn to bring Ned down to King's Landing.

Robert wanted to marry Lyanna because she was the closest socially acceptable look alike to Ned.

He asks Ned about his bastard's mother because he's making a hit list of all the ladies that have been with, or been lusted after, by Ned. Ashara Dayne did not jump from any tower, she was pushed!

It explains why Robert insisted on having a Tourney for Ned, and it explains why he wanted to go into the melee; he wanted to impress Ned.

Robert let the boar kill him, because he knew at this point he could never have Ned and life wasn't worth living.

Hahaha you made my day :P

You are a genius, you've explained EVERYTHING

Ah yes, Bloodravens legendary "stash" where he pays Bran to ask Sansa to strip "for the North" was it?

Gotta get the girls to 'strip for the north' in the godswood you know...just wait till you hear those crows in TWOW

"Leave it be, Robert, for the love you say you bear me"

That is such a terribly tender and romantic thing to say and yet... a hint of something else as well. It's not the love Robert bears for Ned, it's the love Robert claims to bear for him yet goes on to marry that 'Lannister woman' and the way he carries on with all his hussies despite Ned remaining ever faithfull. Is this the culprit for so many of Ned's sleepless nights?

Ah well said, but remember that it was Jon Arryn who talked Robert into marrying Cersei, because he himself knew the pain of having to marry a woman. Look at what happened to him. He had Lysa and the Moon Door whilst his one true love the Blackfish couldn't get past the Moon Gates.

Ah well said, but remember that it was Jon Arryn who talked Robert into marrying Cersei, because he himself knew the pain of having to marry a woman. Look at what happened to him. He had Lysa and the Moon Door whilst his one true love the Blackfish couldn't get past the Moon Gates.

Oh, I was just about to ask whether Jon Arryn knew about the whole affair ... that settles it, apparently. Poor old Jon and Blackfish.

Archived