Jon Snow marries Daenerys Targareyen

Jon had his chance of becoming a Lord of Winterfell, his home and turned it down, I dont believe he'll leave the wall to become The King in any way shape or form he will Lord Commander untill the end of his day.

The Winterfell offer had the minor stipulation that Jon would be required to burn down the religious symbols of the people he would have been leading...

It would be the most amazing thing ever if they end up together :love:

U guys only think its predictable because of the over analysis of everything in the book. Every theory n possible outcome has been imagined already on this forum. So of course it would be predictable because there r no surprises left since yall thought of everything. The average reader would not even fathom that jon is even a possibility as mate to dany.

I don't think it's true. Unfortunately , the Jon/Dany couple is popular even among unspoiled non book readers who just watch the show <_< .

Anyway, as I've said before, I don't see how a love story between these two is that plausible-- that is, how to convincingly write a believable love blossoming between these two-- and I don't see how their love would add much to the overall picture. I do see the Rhaegar/ Lyanna symmetry, but whereas their love brought the realm apart, I see Dany/ Jon's opposition might help restore balance. That's probably the biggest reason I don't get the Dany/ Jon love thing-- I see them as adversaries rather than lovers. And also, I don't see either of them cementing any claims to thrones based on each other's Targaryen lineage, so I honestly can't see even an "arranged" marriage happening.

I don't know if it will necessary come to a torrid love story between the two. In this context, it is interesting to note how Cat saw her marriage to Ned. She wasn't opposed to him and she obviously thought he wasn't terrible (a la Hizdahr) but she still regarded him as a stranger to start with, and they only came to love eachother with time. Looking at how little time Jon and Dany will get together, it seems more likely that should they marry, it will be a politically convenient marriage, but one they can both live with and that they will come to at least respect eachother, but I firmly believe we won't see any declarations of undying love there, since Jon is a lot like Ned in that regards, i.e. more "cold" and with a lot of the same physical attributes, long solemn face, grey, cold eyes, same dark hair. Jon is often very distanced and tries very hard to be rational while Dany seems more direct and emotional, which can make for a nice breeding ground for potential conflict due to personality clashes.

Jon would probably not be in an arranged marriage to Dany as a Targaryen, but in that case as a Stark and a leader of the north, depending on Robb's will. It also depends on how things work out now when jon is "dead" and whether or not that makes him no longer a candidate for the Nights Watch, whether the Nights Watch will even survive as an institution and who eventually gets Winterfell.

Honestly I kind of hope Martin throws a curveball and surprises everyone by having Jon be actually dead.  After all that talk we get of his alleged "unpredictability," that would be a real validation of the claim.  And let's face it: he's not a bad guy, but he's kind of ... boring.

I'd rather Dany wind up with someone a touch more interesting, frankly.

I do not think that most readers have speculated nearly as much on Jon's fate/lineage, out of people I have talked to, the ones who have never been to a forum do not have this idea of R+L=J. Thus, it would be a curve ball for them if they see this in Winter (or Dream). Who does Martin write for? Probably himself, so I dont know.

good point, I would like it to happen, maybe, but don't find it all that likely. Many feel the opposite. I just enjoy the speculation process and learning new things.

All those who diminish the possibility of this plot development seem to do so mostly on grounds that they wouldn't like it. I'm not entirely sure that's how one should go about determining the likelihood of it occurring.

(SPOILERS FOR ALL BOOKS)

Dany still thinks she has to be betrayed once more, for love, what if her and Jon fall truly and madly in love and he sacrifices her Nissa Nissa style to temper lightbringer? I realize this is a long shot given the leagues between them and only 2 books to go and wars about to ignite- but still, both the betrayal, the sacrifice need to happen and if the two can't coexist it'd be a dramatic way to solve that.

This theory came to my mind recently, and I just came to the board to see if someone else had already posted about it.

Considering that:

- some, including Elio and Linda on their recent video on prophecy, think that Dany hasn't been betrayed for love yet

- George has indicated that the ending will be bittersweet

- Jon has a dream that he's fighting on the wall with a fiery sword; he has Longclaw, but it's not fiery...yet

- Dany's vision in the House of the Undying in the TV show includes a visit to the Wall

- The Nissa Nissa storyline wouldn't just be thrown in there for no reason, right?

I think I buy that Jon (who I clearly don't believe is dead for good) eventually marries Dany but then discovers he has to kill her to save the realm.

I hope not. I dont see Dany returning Westeros to become a queen to someones king ( nor do I see her advisors agreeing to that). She is coming back to rule and be Queen. Daenerys I, first ruling Queen. Ever since the Dornish 'order of succession' oddity, was brought up, I have thought it would factor into her claim to the Iron Throne.

I believe that Dorne goes by absolute primogeniture, ie the oldest child of the sovereign succeeds to the throne. Dany is the oldest living child of Aerys II. Rhaegars sons would not be above her in the order of succession. of course I could be wrong :cool4:

• 3 months later...

I don't think Danny is a good match for Jon . Jon seems to like amazonesque warrior women / spearwives. Best possible matches?

Val - Deadly and Beautiful

Arianne Martell - Hot tempered , intelligent, and more on the warrior side than danny

Nymeria Sand - Beautiful and deadly

I think the Dornish family of women is probably the best choice for Jon

Mormonts, meh, none of them are lookers apparently.

Calling it now: Dany and Jon fall in love, get married (her third and last marriage, "one to love"), Dany gets knocked up, Jon dies at some point, Dany dies in childbirth bearing her "living child." It all has to happen awfully quickly, and I agree it would be pretty difficult to swallow Jon and Dany falling in love right off the bat rather than butting heads, but it seems like this is the outcome foreshadowed: Dany's vision of the blue roses filling the air with sweetness, her dream about a lover with a shifting shadow for a face, etc. etc. This outcome would also satisfy GRRM's "bittersweet" requirement, if he kills at least two characters out of his "big four": Jon, Dany, Arya, and Tyrion. (There's a good chance at this point he's going to kill all four.) It would also explain why Dany doesn't wind up ruling Westeros for any length of time, since that doesn't seem to be in the cards for her.

Val - Deadly and Beautiful

I'm pretty sure Val's going to die to further Jon's character development, just as Ygritte did.

R+J does not equal Jon, he is Ned's bastard son with Wylla, and from the last book looks like Jon is a dead man! This is the stuff that my friends are saying, and they even believe that the Others will kill Dany, her dragons, and all of Westeros will be ruined. Talk about pessimism! I hope that Jon will run like hell when he sees Dany coming.

• 9 months later...

Although this pairing might come off overtly cliche to many, I don't think the pairing is obvious to too many unless they really analyze the books. In my eyes, there's too many parallels between the two characters not to be leading somewhere and by the way the series is going they seem to be building Dany up more than any other character (I mean look at the ending of Mhysa FFS) and they know how this thing is ending, however how they plan to spruce her story up I don't know.

But anyway, the only way I see the Dany + Jon thing coming to be is if they meet before he find's out he's a Targ but the issue there is there's no reason for them to meet before that. While Dany's probably more than chill with the idea I don't think Jon will knowingly sex up his aunt.

But if GRRM writes it, I'll read it.

The thread title made me go "Noooooooo".

I don't think this pairing will happen, and here is why.

A true man steals a woman from afar, to strengthen the clan. Women who bed brothers or fathers or clan kin offend the gods, and are cursed with weak and sickly children. Even monsters. - Ygritte

I really don't like this. Their personalities probably wouldn't match, and it would fell really boring if the man fighting in the Ice and the woman bringing the Fire wed. I'd rather have Jon become the Night King and marrying a sexy, blueyed Others instead, like poor Puddles sister or something.

Jon would be better suited to an Asha Greyjoy or Arya or Arianne type character, someone with a bit of real fire in them. Don't think he'd get on with the over-privileged and humourless Dany. Looks aside he'd likely find her dull and entitled, especially when contrasted with the awesome Ygritte.

Jon would be better suited to an Asha Greyjoy or Arya or Arianne type character, someone with a bit of real fire in them. Don't think he'd get on with the over-privileged and humourless Dany. Looks aside he'd likely find her dull and entitled, especially when contrasted with the awesome Ygritte.

I consider Arianne to be more similar to Dany than to Ygritte or other "fiery" ladies though. It's all about the "spoilt, entitled heiress" vibe I get from her, though Dany really wasn't spoilt for much of her life.

Archived