Which of the following Monarchs would you serve?

I can't find the post your responding to, but Dany whipped the fuck out of that Aspator slaver

Spoiled? I never knew being hit by your brother/king, getting sold to a savage, betrayed by your "khallisar", a few attempts on your life, a dead baby and husband, was spoiled.

How about Emilia Clarke's ass is so fat it takes up two titles

She's not spoiled in the 'pampered child' sense of the word, but in relation to her ego I think the term fits quite well.

I doubt it will happen as well, but I also feel Melisandre will be Stannis' downfall. He would be an even greater character if it wasn't for her 'assistance'. I feel Melisandre is seriously misguided, especially with the goings-on beyond the Wall.

He would be dead without her assistance.

She's not spoiled in the 'pampered child' sense of the word, but in relation to her ego I think the term fits quite well.

Yes she has an ego, she is the last child of the greatest dynasty ever. She birthed dragons, tamed the great Khall, took out Slaver's bay and heard tens of thousands of free men shouting "Mother!" Do you expect her to think she's just Ok?

and besides, what Monarch doesn't have an ego?

Robert, Viserys, Joffrey, Stannis, Renly, Robb, Balon, Mance Rayder, Dany, Tommen, Euron and Aegon.

Robert- crowned himself! Destroyed the realm for love he never had

Viserys- Went riding with his Dothraki army, because it's his Dothraki army!

Joff-Said the comet in the sky is his crowning

Stannis- Throne is his by rights, and he will never forgive himself for fleeing Blackwater like he will never think someone like Ramsay can beat him in the field

Renly- "A king must be kind, smart, etc, etc"

Balon- "It's as i feared, the wolves made my son green"

Mance- he's a bard. I've never met a singer that doensn't have an ego

Tommy- "I'm king! I wanna sit on the throne! I'm old enough! (even though he want's beats outlawed)"

Euron- He think's he's tough shit cuz he knows how to sail a boat

Aegon- Tipped the cyvesse board over

Stannis would never have put himself in those situations in the first place, if not for her.

So...at best he would have been stuck on Dragonstone a non-entity, waiting for someone to deal with him? Knowing Stannis, I'm sure that he'll do something to get himself killed. He would never bow to Renly (the most likely victor)

Yes she has an ego, she is the last child of the greatest dynasty ever. She birthed dragons, tamed the great Khall, took out Slaver's bay and heard tens of thousands of free men shouting "Mother!" Do you expect her to think she's just Ok?

I would expect a 'supposed' great leader to be humble.

Robert- crowned himself! Destroyed the realm for love he never had

Viserys- Went riding with his Dothraki army, because it's his Dothraki army!

Joff-Said the comet in the sky is his crowning

Stannis- Throne is his by rights, and he will never forgive himself for fleeing Blackwater like he will never think someone like Ramsay can beat him in the field

Renly- "A king must be kind, smart, etc, etc"

Balon- "It's as i feared, the wolves made my son green"

Mance- he's a bard. I've never met a singer that doensn't have an ego

Tommy- "I'm king! I wanna sit on the throne! I'm old enough! (even though he want's beats outlawed)"

Euron- He think's he's tough shit cuz he knows how to sail a boat

Aegon- Tipped the cyvesse board over

The question should be...which monarch has an ego bigger than Dany's?

*crickets chirping*

You don't understand the rules of this board yet, do you?

Daenerys has special rules she has to follow that no one else in the series does:

1. Not allowed to have an ego.

2. Not allowed to make bad decisions.

3. Not allowed to make good decisions.

4. Not allowed credit for any successful action taken, ever.

5. Not allowed to have human needs and failings.

Once you understand those rules, the otherwise nonsensical posts about her all over these forums suddenly make a great deal more sense.

Yes. Jaehaerys I, Viserys I, Daeron II and Aegon V were probably the best Targ kings, and to some extent Aegon III. A sense of earthiness, pragmatism and humility seems to tie them all together. Some are more jovial (Viserys I) than others (Aegon III), but I can't picture a one of them running around bragging about being the blood of the dragon or trumpeting eight miles of titles. Interestingly enough, too, all of them except Daeron II wore very simple crowns. Jaehaerys I and Viserys I wore the single band with seven stones, and Aegon III and Aegon V wore plain gold bands. Only Daeron II wore that garish dragon crown and only then probably to remind people that he was Aegon IV's true heir during a major war over the succession.

Daenerys has special rules she has to follow that no one else in the series does:

6. Her fans are allowed to make snide posts that attempt to reduce all complaints about her to shrill whining.

Once you understand those rules, the otherwise nonsensical posts about her all over these forums suddenly make a great deal more sense.

Fixed that for you...

Why? She wasn't humble after her wedding and managed to survive and be loved by Drogo. She didnt act humble when she walked into the pyre. Acting like a begger was the last thing on her mind in Qarth and depite how scared she was she went into the HoU. If she was humble she wouldn't take Illyrio's boats and buy an army. If Dany took the humble way out then Slaver's bay would be prosperous and thousands would still be in chains.

Queen Dany has no room to be humble. She is the Dragon and the Dragons doesn't mingle with lesser beings

The question should be...which monarch has an ego bigger than Dany's?

Like I said, Dany's ego is sexy but

Aegon thinks he should marry Dany because he's not a Targ

Joffrey, seriously he thought the comet was to crown him? At least Dany thought knew it was a direction

Renly, he was the opitimy of having a huge ego

So...at best he would have been stuck on Dragonstone a non-entity, waiting for someone to deal with him? Knowing Stannis, I'm sure that he'll do something to get himself killed. He would never bow to Renly (the most likely victor)

Stannis might have been able to gain more support if he hadn't alienated the majority of Westeros by joining forces with Melisandre.

Dany is allowed to do all these things. The problem is that her fans often ignore this to further their "Dany is awesome" agenda.

Dany is allowed to do all these things. The problem is that her fans often ignore this to further their "Dany is awesome" agenda.

Yes. I don't expect her to be perfect and I know she makes mistakes — it's the naivete involved in those mistakes (blabbing all of your secrets to the Harpy) and her inability to take responsibility for those mistakes (instead of thinking that you shouldn't have destroyed your ships, blame the admiral for not being able to crap out more) that grates on me.

instead of thinking that you shouldn't have destroyed your ships, blame the admiral for not being able to crap out more) that grates on me.

Aspator needed to be taken, if it weren't for those rams the battle would be much more bloody.

And the captian's a total prick, who's been holding his sob story till he lands in Pentos

Why? She wasn't humble after her wedding and managed to survive and be loved by Drogo. She didnt act humble when she walked into the pyre. Acting like a begger was the last thing on her mind in Qarth and depite how scared she was she went into the HoU.

The good ole days when Dany was likable. :crying:

If she was humble she wouldn't take Illyrio's boats and buy an army. If Dany took the humble way out then Slaver's bay would be prosperous and thousands would still be in chains.

Queen Dany has no room to be humble. She is the Dragon and the Dragons doesn't mingle with lesser beings

Dany could have performed all those task without the ego.

Like I said, Dany's ego is sexy but

Aegon thinks he should marry Dany because he's not a Targ

Joffrey, seriously he thought the comet was to crown him? At least Dany thought knew it was a direction

Renly, he was the opitimy of having a huge ego

Seriously...not even Joffrey can match Dany's ego. <_<

Yes. I don't expect her to be perfect and I know she makes mistakes — it's the naivete involved in those mistakes (blabbing all of your secrets to the Harpy) and her inability to take responsibility for those mistakes (instead of thinking that you shouldn't have destroyed your ships, blame the admiral for not being able to crap out more) that grates on me.

The ego is a beast! :wacko:

Aspator needed to be taken, if it weren't for those rams the battle would be much more bloody.

And the captian's a total prick, who's been holding his sob story till he lands in Pentos

It was Meereen that had to be taken (and I use "had to be" loosely), not Astapor.

But yeah that captain who went to Slaver's Bay on someone else's orders to bring Stormbrat back to civilization and ended up getting his head cut off, what a prick.

Its not an agenda if its a fact.

I don't think the word "fact" means what you think it does. Dany's alleged awesomeness, whether you agree with it or not, is subjective and as such is in no way a fact, the same way that Jon or Tyrion or Stannis or Arya's aweomeness isn't a "fact."

Archived