Which of the following Monarchs would you serve?

I am very much in agreement with both Apple and Stannisbamfatheon's, assessment of Stannis's ability to rule and his character arc has taken him on quite a journey.

When we were first introduced to him I thought he was presented as the most dour and cold man possible.

But by the end of Dance and the preview chapters of Winds I have been completely won over by him.

However I am not sure that I would completely love him to be the King of Westeros.

As Apple (brilliantly) put it, he is “working to earn the north men’s loyalty by driving the vermin out of Winterfell”

It’s a really cool parallel with the previous Stark and Barratheon alliance.

I think he is going to smash Roose and Ramsey but can’t wait to see how? Then he will reclaim Winterfell and secure the north for the stark’s, thus earning the fealty of the Starks and north men.

I mean they would all pretty much think of him as a hero to the North in such circumstances.

But then the plan will be to march south, to fight whoever is coming out on top down there? It will badly offend Stannis that (Aegon, or “Faegon” if you prefer?) has taken his lordly seat by right by force, (However “Aegon” achieved it?)

But by then, news must surely reach him of Jon and the impending invasion of the others.

I think fairly early in “TWOW”,

I think that Stannis’s true purpose will be to fight the others in some capacity as he has already shown that he is the only potential King to really care about the realm.

Being humble is a sign of weakness. I am with Stannis. Doomed? I'd do everything to ensure that he isn't. I'd sneak into Aegon's camp to smash his head in. I'd walk up to Dany and rip her fucking heart out, publicly, in front of Ser Barristan and the Unsullied. I'd row a boat to Pyke to beat Euron to death with a rock.

The good ole days when Dany was likable. :crying:

Now I'm in love

Dany could have performed all those task without the ego.

If she was humble Dany would not have thought Illyrio is my servent. Humble people don't have servents

If she was humble she would have been cool with a small army, mayhaps 2-3 leauges of Unsullied, insted of "all or none"

If she was humble she would have gone west like her advisors said insted of finishing her job at Slaver's bay

Seriously...not even Joffrey can match Dany's ego. <_<

Joff had quite the fucking ego. "You can't hit me I'm king!" "You can't threaten to geld me, I'm king!"

When that dude asked Dany if she wants to see his dick she told Jorah to cut it off tomorrow during the battle so she can look at it when she wants

It was Meereen that had to be taken (and I use "had to be" loosely), not Astapor.

But yeah that captain who went to Slaver's Bay on someone else's orders to bring Stormbrat back to civilization and ended up getting his head cut off, what a prick.

I'm sorry, Astapor.

He was a prick.

"oh, no, dragons! Not on my ship. Oh no, you want to rename my ship. Oh please let me sail to Pentos. Why must you utilize your wood?" Guy's a total prick

Yeah, it's always the fault of her detractors and never her fans. I get it. Only one side can derail a thread.

Eh?

I did say you all are derailing the thread and I asked you to make another one both because it's been so long since I've seen you make one and because you do have some good arguments.

He was a prick.

"oh, no, dragons! Not on my ship. Oh no, you want to rename my ship. Oh please let me sail to Pentos. Why must you utilize your wood?" Guy's a total prick

Dany: I need ships.

Groleo: You destroyed all your ships.

Dany: Then build more.

Groleo: They destroyed all the wood for X miles.

Dany: Then go X miles plus one and don't tell me you can't!

Groleo: I'm an admiral, not a shipwright.

Dany: But you can build ships, right?

Groleo: .............

Dany: *thinks* How dare this mere mortal tell me that he can't build ships, despite having no materials and no skill in doing so, he must be one of my three betrayals!!

So who's the prick here, really?

Eh?

I did say you all are derailing the thread and I asked you to make another one both because it's been so long since I've seen you make one and because you do have some good arguments.

You singled me out personally and I think that's kind of rich that you singled me out, as if I'm the one derailing the thread, and not also your fellow Dany circle jerk. Sorry but that's how it's read. It takes two to tango, sister.

Yes, God forbid the man try to fulfill his mission. God forbid he doesn't want fire breathing monsters on his wood-made vessels. Jesus. What an asshole. He deserved everything he got.

Yes, God forbid the man try to fulfill his mission. God forbid he doesn't want fire breathing monsters on his wood-made vessels. Jesus. What an asshole. He deserved everything he got.

He was also hired by Illyrio, if I remember correctly, and really had no obligation to Dany. He didn't owe her anything.

Being humble is a sign of weakness.

Humility is bullshit imo. Someone claimed that the person best suited for rule was the person that didn't want to do so, which I find very weird. Ambitious people are probably better acquainted with the game, and more willing to play it. Anyone that's pretending to be humble (at least on a non-religious level) is full of shit. Knowing one's power and position is an important part of utilising it.

You singled me out personally and I think that's kind of rich that you singled me out, as if I'm the one derailing the thread, and not your fellow Dany circle jerk. Sorry but that's how it's read. It takes two to tango, sister.

Circle jerk is it-rather like how you lot drool over everytime Jon Snow blows his nose?

It's quite rich to hear you accusing Dany fans of "running an agenda" when you're so obsessed with Starks that you're practically a furry.

Circle jerk is it-rather like how you lot drool over everytime Jon Snow blows his nose?

It's quite rich to hear you accusing Dany fans of "running an agenda" when you're so obsessed with Starks that you're practically a furry.

And? Your point being? At least with them I don't need to make up excuses for torture, crucifixions or city-sackings. When Jon orders someone to be tortured out of spite, my opinion of him might change.

I never used the words "running an agenda." Please don't attribute things to me that I didn't say, thanks.

I don't know about Apple Martini's furry tendencies, but unless she's deliberately derailing threads with "Woe is Dany! No one grants her her victories. rar, rar double standard!Lemme make some more snarky comments to underline our victimisation" then I don't think it's equivalent.

Being humble is a sign of weakness. I am with Stannis. Doomed? I'd do everything to ensure that he isn't. I'd sneak into Aegon's camp to smash his head in. I'd walk up to Dany and rip her fucking heart out, publicly, in front of Ser Barristan and the Unsullied. I'd row a boat to Pyke to beat Euron to death with a rock.

It depends on which definition you prefer. Either way, a good leader must have some degree of humility.

If she was humble Dany would not have thought Illyrio is my servent. Humble people don't have servents

If she was humble she would have been cool with a small army, mayhaps 2-3 leauges of Unsullied, insted of "all or none"

If she was humble she would have gone west like her advisors said insted of finishing her job at Slaver's bay

It depends on your definition.

Joff had quite the fucking ego. "You can't hit me I'm king!" "You can't threaten to geld me, I'm king!"

When that dude asked Dany if she wants to see his dick she told Jorah to cut it off tomorrow during the battle so she can look at it when she wants

Did I EVER say Joffrey didn't have a big ego? I actually insinuated that his ego was the biggest of the bunch, but not bigger than Dany's.

Thank you for proving my point.

Eh?

I also misunderstood your post. Apologies.

Humility is bullshit imo. Someone claimed that the person best suited for rule was the person that didn't want to do so, which I find very weird. Ambitious people are probably better acquainted with the game, and more willing to play it. Anyone that's pretending to be humble (at least on a non-religious level) is full of shit. Knowing one's power and position is an important part of utilising it.

I feel differently, because I feel one can acknowledge their power and position without being an ego-manaic. Ned controlled the North with an Iron fist, but he wasn't a Joffrey.

I'm a Stark loyalist, and I praise Jon all day everyday without shame! :wub:

YET, I understand that my opinion of him is not fact. I'm a part of the "Jon is TPTWP/AA" agenda, but I understand that it is not fact, and if someone contradicts my opinion I do not view their comments as "Jon hate."

ETA:

From who? Everyone is accounted for...

Maybe, the Stormlords would not have all went over to Renly. Also, others may not have been accounted for if he had declared war without Mel.

Stannis doesn't believe in rahloo any more than he believes in the flying spaghetti monster. He is rational. Secular. The best choice for a king. He is also not insane (Cersei), devishly evil (Euron), stupid and immature (Dany), fake and hot-tempered (Aegon), powerless (Mance), dead (Robb) or foreign (the Great Other).

He is also a badass. Anyone aspiring to be a badass should fight for him.

I'm a Stark loyalist, and I praise Jon all day everyday without shame! :wub:

YET, I understand that my opinion of him is not fact. I'm a part of the "Jon is TPTWP/AA" agenda, but I understand that it is not fact, and if someone contradicts my opinion I do not view their comments as "Jon hate."

Of course, I was trying-rather crudely, for which I apologise-to point out that most of us have blind spots when it comes to certain characters.

I personally like Rob although I don't think he would be a good king in such a complicated situation. you need to be great politician

I think Dany is the best choice she is brave and smart and she can get loyalty of the people without money or religion and most of her concerns are about her people

I don't think people and their problems are important for other kings and some of them don't give a shit about the small folk

Archived