Most beautiful shots in season 2?

A song away

Which shots made you go 'aaah' when watching them?

For me it's when the doors to Qarth are opened and you see this whole Babylonian city revealed behind them.

Yes, I liked that shot a lot too!

Also:

- Pyke, the cliffs with the hanging bridges between them, pretty close to how I envisioned it when reading the novels.

- The ice lake beyond the wall, which the wildlings crossed.

- Summer looking into the pond and the cut to Bran's face.

Any closeups of Sophie Turner's face make me sigh

:drool:

'It's a lovely gown.' - 'You think so? I can't decide how I like it better, this way, or ... this way.'

'I don't want to marry the Frey-girl.' - 'I don't want you to marry her. But you needed that bridge. I hope it's a very beautiful bridge.'

Arya looking up at Jaquen, after they find the Tickler dead

Something about the look she gives him and the angle of the shot is just haunting and so memorable

I agree. The way he put his finger to his cheek to indicate number 1 to Arya was like he came straight out of the book as Jaqen and her amazement at what he'd just done. Well-played shot.

Fun that the burning the letter scene was only mentioned once here...

It is for me the most beautiful shot of the season, and, as said above, the transition to the baptism is perfect !

Jon at the edge of the fist with the "spectral and wild" music is amazing too...

Sandor staring at the flaming man.

I loved the shot of Stannis' fleet emerging from the fog in "The Blackwater". King's Landing had been waiting for Stannis for awhile and all of a sudden, Stannis was there. The fog made it more dramatic, imho. :)

It might not be the most beautiful shot, but I loved it when the drums started on Stannis ship. I still stand up and cheer when I watch that scene.

My most fascinating images are those who are inspired by art like here Aiwasowski or by Turner, Blackwater

http://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Datei:Chesmabattle.jpg&filetimestamp=20100603213110

http://www.tate.org.uk/art/artworks/turner-a-disaster-at-sea-n00558

The treacherously peaceful landscape around Robb's battle camp

The change on Catelyn's face when she opens the box with Ned's bones

When Tyrion steps carefully around the beaten Sansa like she were a frightened animal with that calming gesture of his hands and then stretches out his hand and she looks up.

Cersei and Tommen on the Throne during the battle

Sansa and her doll

Theon's face after having beheaded Rodrick

That rather intimate scene whe Tywin talks to Arya about Jaime, the light is great!

The cruel and dark light on Tyrion's wounded face

Tywin entering the throne room on horseback - this is the king

Cersei's face when she talks to Tyrion about Jaime

Beyond the Wall - ICELAND

• 2 weeks later...

When Theon burns the letter he wrote to Robb. That's first class scene.

Also when Cersei sits on the Iron Throne with Tommen in her lap and tells the story and Loras enters and then Tywin comes.

Also the first glimpse at Harrenhal and Daenerys in the Red Keep with Snowfall. And of course when we see Khal Drogo again O_____O

The already mentioned scenes with Theon are fantastic - the Greyjoy theme is also pretty fabulous and contributes to the visuals. And Tywin, man, I may hate his guts but he makes the best entrances ever. The shot of him riding into Harrenhal was awesome!

Tywin + White Horse = OTP :lol:

Archived