Where is Daenerys going?

LaroC

"Dragon-mounted ex-Khaleesi with fire-proof Targaryen blood."

Nothing personal towards you, but the myth that Dany is fireproof is alarmingly persistent in general.

That is what George has said.

On the other hand D and D have left it ambiguous , will they keep it that way?

By the of aDwD she is in the Grass Sea, with Drogon, meetin Khal Jhaqo. So, my guess is that she is going to kill Jaqho and retrieve her khalasar. Ok...so, after that, she will go back to Merreen, at least to get her other dragons back.

So, after that, where is she going? She will go straight to Westeros, or is she marching to Volantis? That would be no sense at all in her mission as "chain breaker" if she leaves Volantis as it is...

And there is still what Quaithe prophesied first:

"To go north, you must journey south, to reach the west you must go east. To go forward you must go back and to touch the light you must pass beneath the shadow"

So, i'm a little lost by now. They where in Qarth when she sad that, so Dany has already gone south and east, right? So now she has to go back. To Mereen, to Westeros, to Pentos?

And pass beneath the shadow.. what does this mean? Beneath the Wall? or is it Asshai?

She finally just went back I suppose - to her old Khalasar apparently. Don't think the Shadow is something we're yet aware of

My guess is that she starts heading her way back to Westeros by way of Volantis. However, with the ruins of Valyria in the way, she likely would have to pass underneath the "shadow" of the former empire. She has Victarion to sail her there and it would make sense for her to forge a new empire by traveling through the remains of the old one.

She's going east through Quarth and so forth to reach Westeros on the westcoast. If Victarion somehow succeeds, then she might land in the lovely region of Pyke and make it her seat before conquering the main land. Should Victarion fail, she'll land in Oldtown to destroy the power of Highgarden from the inside with the help of the Maestor conspiracy.

Seriously what baffles me about what GRRM did to her is if Victarion's horn DOES work then she becomes kind of obsolete in the grand sceme of things. Since the lords may flock to the name Targaryen but the Greyjoys will have the dragons to take the land by force.

But the horn isn´t a natural way to control the dragons. It´s like drugging them or warging them, essentially forcing them to do something against their will. The dragons are still animals so they can and should be properly trained, not mind-controlled, and I assume this will be the crucial difference which will eventually result in Victarion´s fall. Because if GRRM didn´t want the remaining dragons end in the wrong hands he wouldn´t create such a spectacular scheme to leave Dany and Drogon out.

So IMO the scenario for the next book is Dany doing her dealings with Dothraki, while Barristan and her people are given an unxpected help from Victarion and they win the Meereen battle. Only, they pay the price when Victarion takes control over the dragons and heads back to Westeros (he thinks Dany is dead and has the dragons. Why wait?) to deal with his brother and do all kinds of terror (and thus finishing the shortterm Aegon´s triumph there, because when this "dragon" has to face the real dragons he of course fails as everyone else). Dany finally manages return to Meereen, discovers what happened and most likely finally reunites with Tyrion and Jorah. It´s very hard to quess where she heads next, only now she finally has a real reason to act because she feels responsible for what "her children" are doing in Westeros. My quess is her way home will then involve Volantis, slavery abolition (which can be done pretty quickly now when she has a clear decisive power) and Pentos, simply because of some already mentioned foreshadowing and also Aria´s role in the overall story. It will be sweeping ride through Essos, similar to her city per chapter winning strike in third book.

She is going to hook up with tyrion and go to wall and help Jon save Westros and then head home with Jon to rule as King and Queen aka Fire and Ice, Tyrion is always aware of the problems with its defence this is how things can come full circle with his first visit to the wall

By the of aDwD she is in the Grass Sea, with Drogon, meetin Khal Jhaqo. So, my guess is that she is going to kill Jaqho and retrieve her khalasar. Ok...so, after that, she will go back to Merreen, at least to get her other dragons back.

Remember the prohpecy in the House of Undying - I think that Jaqho will take Dany to the mother of mountains. By the time she gets to Mereen, it will be a wasted city, her armies there will be decimated and her dragons will be stolen. She'll only be left with Drogon and the Dothraki.

Remember the prohpecy in the House of Undying - I think that Jaqho will take Dany to the mother of mountains. By the time she gets to Mereen, it will be a wasted city, her armies there will be decimated and her dragons will be stolen. She'll only be left with Drogon and the Dothraki.

Which prophecy do you mean?

You do have a prophecy in the house of the undying in which 'Daenerys' silver trots through grass to a darkling stream under a sea of stars'. This seems to have some familiar scenery in it. The stars, the silver alone, a darkling stream ...

I don't believe she will kill Khal Jaqho, but I believe she will kill his bloodrider Mago who killed the girl Eroeh, whom Daenerys saved. She sworn to make him pay for it, so I believe she will. I can't see her taken back tot the Dosh Khaleen either, not unless she agrees to it. She has a dragon after all, I suppose she can handle the Khal. I rather see her demanding her khalassar back.

You do have a prophecy in the house of the undying in which 'Daenerys' silver trots through grass to a darkling stream under a sea of stars'. This seems to have some familiar scenery in it. The stars, the silver alone, a darkling stream ...

I don't believe she will kill Khal Jaqho, but I believe she will kill his bloodrider Mago who killed the girl Eroeh, whom Daenerys saved. She sworn to make him pay for it, so I believe she will. I can't see her taken back tot the Dosh Khaleen either, not unless she agrees to it. She has a dragon after all, I suppose she can handle the Khal. I rather see her demanding her khalassar back.

I can't remember exactly but I am almost sure Khal Jaqho knows who Dany is and that she is a Khaleesi , she should be a 'retired Khaleesi'. However no Khal has ever seen a Khaleesi show up with a dragon!

My guess is that he is going to think "this does not compute" :) .

My guess is a pow wow is in order between him and Dany.

What happens after that , god I can't guess.

"a line of naked crones emerging from a lake, kneeling before Daenerys beneath the Mother of Mountains;"

That's the one. It seems, if the prophecy plays out literally (and this is what I believe will happen), Dany will be presented before the crones at the mother of mountains and declare her the stallion that mounts the world. All khalasars will declare for her and she will unite the Dothraki into a single herd - I believe she is the one to fullfil her dead son's future, and that this part of the prophecy confirms it.

Of course, I do not think uniting all the Dothraki and invading Westeros will help her win the iron thone, however. I think she this is a decidedly bad thing, and will define the terrible side of her character.

I'm personally more interested in finding out when jorah is going to kill/betray her.

When he realizes that beauty on the outside is not beauty on the inside and he should stop wrecking his life for shallow maids.

"a line of naked crones emerging from a lake, kneeling before Daenerys beneath the Mother of Mountains;"

That's the one. It seems, if the prophecy plays out literally (and this is what I believe will happen), Dany will be presented before the crones at the mother of mountains and declare her the stallion that mounts the world. All khalasars will declare for her and she will unite the Dothraki into a single herd - I believe she is the one to fullfil her dead son's future, and that this part of the prophecy confirms it.

Of course, I do not think uniting all the Dothraki and invading Westeros will help her win the iron thone, however. I think she this is a decidedly bad thing, and will define the terrible side of her character.

Having a dragon or maybe three might win Khal Drogo over to break the siege of Meereen.

Uniting the Dothraki , again those other worldly dragons, is a possibility , but I can never the Dothraki ever being happy in Westeros.

By the time Dany is ready to invade Westeros ... Winter... may have come to Essos... now that would place a throw knot in the whole plot!

Ice and Fire , Ice and Fire , seems like most or a great many around seem to forget that ...George is not going to do something mundane.

She will get back to mereen, definitely, if only to close her-and-Selmy plot. Someone she trusts has to tell her that Aerys was barking mad.

It would also present her with logical starting point - she wanted to prevent with Mereen the fate of Astapor, where she left govt that looked good but didn't last. If she returns and finds Mereen safe and ruled by the Shavepate-Unsullied-Selmy triumvirate (and Sons of Harpy spikes-heads-walls and all), she may realise that she can now leave with honor.

Of course, she may be a bit dismayed to find that dragons snacked on a dashing Ironborn pirate captain (who pissed them off by trying to "tame" them with Horn) and are now taken care of by one Tyrion Lannister, who knows from present company probably the most about them.

She will get back to mereen, definitely, if only to close her-and-Selmy plot. Someone she trusts has to tell her that Aerys was barking mad.

It would also present her with logical starting point - she wanted to prevent with Mereen the fate of Astapor, where she left govt that looked good but didn't last. If she returns and finds Mereen safe and ruled by the Shavepate-Unsullied-Selmy triumvirate (and Sons of Harpy spikes-heads-walls and all), she may realise that she can now leave with honor.

Of course, she may be a bit dismayed to find that dragons snacked on a dashing Ironborn pirate captain (who pissed them off by trying to "tame" them with Horn) and are now taken care of by one Tyrion Lannister, who knows from present company probably the most about them.

We shall see. Its entirely possibly Tyrion and Victarion chase after the dragons to Westeros to stop Euron. There is nothing saying Dany gets to pick the other two riders. If there is going to be a Dance with Dragons between Dany and Aegon, it stands to reason Aegon will somehow get a dragon.

I could see somehow the two dragons going to Westeros because the horn, some of the characters stop Euron, and that is what forces Dany and Drogon to finally go as well.

The Dragon Horn only operates on Dragons in the vicinity - probably within hearing range.

Else the Dragons would already have been bound when Euron had the Horn blown on Pyke.

Hence, Drogon won't be affected by the Horn. Which is the whole reason why Martin arranged for him and Dany to be "away" when Victarion arrives.

I reckon Jhaqo and Mago are in for a world of hurt now that Dany has a 20 foot fire breathing reptile allied to her.

I'm hoping this is the direction GRRM is headed. After she puts down Jhaqo and Mago and takes her khalasar, I'm hoping shell come back to find that Victorian has blown the horn, taken her remaining dragons and is headed back to Westros. Hopefully this will be the precipitating event that finally drives her back across the narrow sea.

Archived