Meet the GoT S3 new cast members (SDCC)

Braavosi Sealady

kerry is too cute for the shireen i imagined but she has the ears! cant wait to see her transformation! and Edmure tully is close to what i had in mind! Cant wait for s3!

He's doubtless having a more significant role, and since Varamyr Sixskins would entail a lot more CG cost, they just used Orell with his eagle instead. I imagine he'll be a bit of a foil to Tormund, and as some have speculated, it could be that he's being given something of Styr's role as an antagonist.

He's doubtless having a more significant role, and since Varamyr Sixskins would entail a lot more CG cost, they just used Orell with his eagle instead. I imagine he'll be a bit of a foil to Tormund, and as some have speculated, it could be that he's being given something of Styr's role as an antagonist.

I would love that, the more Mackenzie the better.

So far I'm most disappointed in our new Edmure Tully. Tobias Menzies doesn't have the look at all in my opinion. No auburn hair, no auburn beard, not likely to get red complexion once angry. He just doesn't look like I pictured Edmure. :dunno:

So far I'm most disappointed in our new Edmure Tully. Tobias Menzies doesn't have the look at all in my opinion. No auburn hair, no auburn beard, not likely to get red complexion once angry. He just doesn't look like I pictured Edmure. :dunno:

Strange, since he's my perfect Edmure (except his hair color).

Could be Orell & Varamyr are combined into one character?

My head!canon Edmure is Michael Fassbender (although I knew it would never happen). But since I finished Rome last week I just wanted Tobias Menzies on the show ^_^ R'hllor The Seven heard my prayers :P

Tobias Menzies will eat up scenes with Michelle Fairley and Richard Madden. Brutus was the perfect combination of sulky and eager-to-please. Can't wait to see him.

Add Clive Russell to the mix and we'll have great scenes!

Happy with everyone except Beric. I'm sure Dormer will do a good job, but Sean Harris has been burned into my mind since I read the book. He's also one of Nina Gold's favorites (she's cast him 5 times before), so if he hadn't been in The Borgias I'm almost certain he would have been Beric :(

He has the acting . That's what matters in this series . It's sad that people even by the third season think they chose the actors by the book descriptions .

Anybody know whether Tobias Menzies has the traditional “Mingis” pronunciation of his last name?

Ironic that the Naathi girl is played by a girl named Nathalie. It makes sense that she’s older than in the book, since her age needs to scale according to Dany’s, who is herself older than in the book. Their relationship requires that the same relative ages be preserved.

Fairley isn't at all red-haired naturally -- she dyes it for the show. Sophie Turner isn't a red-head, either. So what's the issue, really?

I just don't think Menzies has the look I imagined either way. Every casting decision won't please everyone. I believe Menzies could make a great Edmure, but so far I'm not convinced on the physical part.

Archived