Meet the GoT S3 new cast members (SDCC)

Braavosi Sealady

I think they all look wonderful for their parts. The actor playing Jojen looks awesome, and I don't think Meera looks bad at all. You have to remember that once these people are all dressed up and in the environments they will look a lot different. For instance, I can already picture that guy playing Thoros looking completely awesome.

The actress playing Meera is plenty cute enough; she just has terrible hair in this video. ;)

I agree. There is nothing wrong with her, she is just having a bad hair day. ;) They all look good for their parts, but we can't really make judgements until we see them in action. One thing I will bitch about is why do they have to age up Missandei? :bang: The actress playing her is very pretty though.

Hah. Gareth, another, after Finchy, good acquaintance from the office. Did anyone besides me started pondering possible roles for Ricky Gervais, Martin Freeman or Lucy Davies?

I think they aged up Missandei because frankly, her age has no bearing whatsoever on the story. It's much easier to deal with adult actors than all of the laws about child actors.

The only thing that I don't like about this casting decision is that it doesn't have anything on Mance. Gah! I am betting on Gudmundur Thorvaldsson though, and I think it's even more likely now that we're seeing a Norwegian as Tormund.

I dunno, I feel like Missandei being a child helped bring out the "mother" role of Dany particularly because Dany was supposed to be only a few years older herself. I mean I get they had to age Dany up to keep the sex, but aging up Missandei seems kinda difficult to me because she and Dany really get the parent/child or at least big sister/little sister roles a lot. I think if they did age her up they should have at least gotten someone who looks younger.

thomas brodie-sangster as jojen was exactly the person i thought should be in it, tobias menzies as edmure tully is an interesting one which i like,but wouldnt have thought of beforehand, diana rigg should be great too

Is this real? *be still my heart* Where did you get that info?

I believe Nathalie Emmanuel just took over as the most beautiful woman in the series. wow :bowdown:

Only "in the series"? I was thinking more like most beautiful woman on TV!

It's a bit strange for a Brit seeing the castings in GoT. Most of these actors are so familiar and not always for the right reasons, but up to now, the GoT production team have chosen well. It shows the benefits of a US production who don't hold the preconceptions many would have in the UK. To the US team, the baggage of an actor being known as a comedy actor, appearing in a crappy teen soap, or a having cheesy music career doesn't weigh too heavily. And the show is much better for that.

Really looking forward to next season, the new cast looks great. Oh, and Diana Rigg will own the role of the Queen of Thorns.

Is this real? *be still my heart* Where did you get that info?

Yeah, it's confirmed. Check the news post. Great, right? He's perfect for Edmure!

Archived