Meet the GoT S3 new cast members (SDCC)

Braavosi Sealady

This is my first post, but I just had to write something now that Hivju is cast as Tormund!

Hi´s an actor at my local theatre in Norway and is an eccelent actor! Here in Norway the rumours of him being cast for GoT has been going on for months, and I´ve allways thought that he would be perfect for Thormund. I´m so exited of the result next year!

Jesus, how are they going to introduce this many characters to the audience over only 10 episodes? I mean, the cast is already pretty big, and all of these + Mance, Vargo, Ramsay and maybe Dario/Belwas? How many where introduced in S2?

A lot. But don't forget that Season 2 also got rid of a lot of characters.

Rakharo

Irri

Doreah

Xaro Xoan Doxos

The Spice King

Pyat Pree

Ser Rodrick Cassell

Maester Luwin

Yoren

Lommy

Renly

Amory Lorch

Alton Lannister

Quorin Halfhand

Jaquen

and probably a few more who i can't remember right now.

A lot. But don't forget that Season 2 also got rid of a lot of characters.

Rakharo

Irri

Doreah

Xaro Xoan Doxos

The Spice King

Pyat Pree

Ser Rodrick Cassell

Maester Luwin

Yoren

Lommy

Renly

Amory Lorch

Alton Lannister

Quorin Halfhand

Jaquen

and probably a few more who i can't remember right now.

Tickler

Mathos Seaworth

Cressen

And Osha and Rickon. Although they'll most likely appear in the future, but for now they're gone.

That's not necessarily a given as Osha's character has certainly been more developed on the show as compared to the books and the possibility exists that the show checks in on Rickon and Osha periodically so the audience doesn't forget about them.

In fact, it's hard to say exactly how that entire storyline is going to progress since Luwin doesn't suggest splitting up the Stark kids and the Reeds are being introduced at a different time. You could have them all traveling together for quite a while into this season before deciding to split up or they could even (less plausibly) alter the story and all stay together on their trip North of the Wall.

Regardless, you'll see both Osha and Rickon in Season 3, the question is just how much they'll be there.

And you can definitely make a new list of characters which will be exiting during Season 3 (there's plenty) but that's separate from characters that have already left the series in Season 2.

In fact, it's hard to say exactly how that entire storyline is going to progress since Luwin doesn't suggest splitting up the Stark kids and the Reeds are being introduced at a different time. You could have them all traveling together for quite a while into this season before deciding to split up or they could even (less plausibly) alter the story and all stay together on their trip North of the Wall.

I guess that could work, but in the end it would all be made up events anyway.

I guess that could work, but in the end it would all be made up events anyway.

My guess is that with the introduction of the Reeds, Bran and Rickon will end up splitting up but I also think that it won't happen immediately and we'll spend more time in the first half of the season with everyone before Osha and Rickon go off to Skaagos.

After that, the two of them could just disappear for the next 3 or 4 seasons like it is in the books or the show could find a way to go back to them periodically like they plan on doing with Theon this season and like they have with Robb and Jaime in Season 2. It's one of the freedoms the show has by not needing to adhere to the POV structure which didn't allow the audience to hang out with anyone who wasn't interacting with a POV character.

Hey friends. I've come up with a great way to market Season Three, if not for the fact that it's uber-spoilery.

Each season was marketed with a tagline that began with a "W" word. Each word had cataclysmic connotations. You all know where this trend is going.

Season 1: Winter is Coming.

Season 2: War is Coming.

Season 3: Weddings are Coming.

Hey friends. I've come up with a great way to market Season Three, if not for the fact that it's uber-spoilery.

Each season was marketed with a tagline that began with a "W" word. Each word had cataclysmic connotations. You all know where this trend is going.

Season 1: Winter is Coming.

Season 2: War is Coming.

Season 3: Weddings are Coming.

Season 7: White-Walkers are Coming

Hah. Gareth, another, after Finchy, good acquaintance from the office. Did anyone besides me started pondering possible roles for Ricky Gervais, Martin Freeman or Lucy Davies?

Absolute result to have Keenan in it as well as Finchy. Hopefully Orell and Dagmer will meet up to throw someone's shoe over the Wall and be the real winners of the Westeros pub quiz.

Could be Orell & Varamyr are combined into one character?

My prediction:

I guess Orell can be a mix up of many characters like many said:

Like Styr as leader of the expedition climbing the Wall.

Jarl as Val's lover.

Varamyr later on.

Sigorn if they reach Dance.

Wanting Daenerys to leave Meereen is coming.

Perfect !!

And you can definitely make a new list of characters which will be exiting during Season 3 (there's plenty)

Spoilers !!!

Trying a quick list :

Jeor Mormont, Robb, Cat (momentarly), Beric, Osha, Rickon, Myrcella, Janos Slynt (momentarly), Dagmer, Balon Greyjoy, Black Lorren, Craster, Polliver (maybe)...

But we'll have the return of some like Pyp and Maester Aemon I hope... and of course, Ser Barristan.

And maybe even Alliser Thorne, but that would be more likely in season 4.

Archived