Who's fatter?

Gandalf the Grey

Before I go after Kittykat, Free Northman I agree.

The Queen of Thorns had the guts to kill off one of the most evil people in Westeros and protect her grandchild, and you begrudge her for it? Hmm I'm not sure what that says about you? Are you sure you're using the word complicit correctly? Sansa never chose to be involved in the murder although she should have.

Nice to see some more liberal use of language. The death of Joff really upset her? It shouldn't have, she almost pushed the boy off the wall herself. Did it upset you? It is yet to be seen whether Sansa is vengeful or not. We know the rest of her family is.

AKA you didn't like how they put your favorite character at risk. Motives aside they offered Sansa a decent way out.

Oh KittyKat..no family cares about Sansa other than her own. She will continue to be used and abused until she learns to act more like the Queen of Thorns. Until then she will continue to be small brained and weak.

Oh, you're going after me? I'm running away in fear...

First, don't put words in my mouth and accuse me of something I never said. I noticed you were a bit selective with some of your quotes. Here's what else I said:

Hate a family because one woman wanted to save her granddaughter from being raped and beaten? No, absolutely not.

Hate a family because they manipulated Sansa to agree to marry Willas to steal her claim and then turning their backs on her when she was forced to marry Tyrion, showing they were false friends and not caring about her at all. Then, having her carry the poison unknowingly to the wedding feast, making her complicit for regicide and having to go in to hiding. Yes, I can hate them for that.

As for my so-called liberal use of language, I stand by my statement. Sansa, while in KL, was sexually, emotionally, and physically abused. She never gave up her sense of who she is, never lost her identity, and had a sustained inner rebellion. In fact, if you compare her with her sister, she's also showing that she is less mentally scarred. Sansa is incredibly resilient.

Sansa is also not about vengeance and there is no sign in her story arc that she will be. Sansa thinks of Cersei while in the Vale and reflects that she was afraid of her yet does not wish for vengeance. She thinks of Tyrion, calls him a liar and reflects on how she does not want to marry him, yet she is again upset when LF talks about his death. She feels sympathy and compassion for Lancel, the man who once watched her being beaten and laughed. She feels sympathy at the PW for Margaery despite the fact that she was ignored once her marriage to Tyrion happened. Sansa is not a vengeful character.

Small brained and weak? I'm pretty tempted to ignore this as the only thing it shows is just how little you understand her character, but I'll bite anyways. She's very intelligent to the point Arya expressed jealousy over it, she's gotten very good at reading people and figuring out their motivations, she was a reader just as much as Tyrion was, LF thinks quite highly of her intelligence and she has been figuring out his schemes and has lied to him successfully more than once. She also survived her time in KL in a way that would break most adults.

Let me get this in becore the gladiator match between Gannicus and Kitty.

Sam didn't really do much to slim down. I can see him losing a little weight because he can't indulge anymore. But his duties didn't exactly force him to exert himself.

Let me get this in becore the gladiator match between Gannicus and Kitty.

LOL

Sam didn't really do much to slim down. I can see him losing a little weight because he can't indulge anymore. But his duties didn't exactly force him to exert himself.

I don't know how much weight he lost but I'm pretty sure that he mentioned having to tighten his belt a notch in Feast. So, he must have slimmed down just a bit.

Oh, you're going after me? I'm running away in fear...

First, don't put words in my mouth and accuse me of something I never said. I noticed you were a bit selective with some of your quotes. Here's what else I said:

As for my so-called liberal use of language, I stand by my statement. Sansa, while in KL, was sexually, emotionally, and physically abused. She never gave up her sense of who she is, never lost her identity, and had a sustained inner rebellion. In fact, if you compare her with her sister, she's also showing that she is less mentally scarred. Sansa is incredibly resilient.

Sansa is also not about vengeance and there is no sign in her story arc that she will be. Sansa thinks of Cersei while in the Vale and reflects that she was afraid of her yet does not wish for vengeance. She thinks of Tyrion, calls him a liar and reflects on how she does not want to marry her, yet she is again upset when LF talks about his death. She feels sympathy and compassion for Lancel, the man who once watched her being beaten and laughed. She feels sympathy at the PW for Margaery despite the fact that she was ignored once her marriage to Tyrion happened. Sansa is not a vengeful character.

Small brained and weak? I'm pretty tempted to ignore this as the only thing it shows is just how little you understand her character, but I'll bite anyways. She's very intelligent to the point Arya expressed jealousy over it, she's gotten very good at reading people and figuring out their motivations, she was a reader just as much as Tyrion was, LF thinks quite highly of her intelligence and she has been figuring out his schemes and has lied to him successfully more than once. She also survived her time in KL in a way that would break most adults.

Kitty I love taking jabs at you Sansa lovers but it's all in fun.

I didn't try to put any words in your mouth. It sounded like you were against the Tyrells for killing Joff and not worrying about Sansa. For me the killing of the king was the families finest act, and a finer act than anything Sansa has done. Inner rebellions are nice and easy. Putting yourself on the line for the sake of others is much harder.

I like Sansa too, she reminds me of a girl I used to date in middle school. I hope she finds her brain, strength, and inner stark and returns to Cersei to give her some come-up-ins. But I fear she just may grow Manderly fat in the vale, ;)

Although I'm sure she'll continue the good fight inside her mind.

Kitty I love taking jabs at you Sansa lovers but it's all in fun.

I've taken lots worse than this. Don't even get me started on Cat.

I didn't try to put any words in your mouth. It sounded like you were against the Tyrells for killing Joff and not worrying about Sansa. For me the killing of the king was the families finest act, and a finer act than anything Sansa has done. Inner rebellions are nice and easy. Putting yourself on the line for the sake of others is much harder.

No, I'm fine that they killed Joff. There is a thread on here somewhere that asks about favorite lines. One of mine was "KOF KOF". I haven't spent a moment mourning the little snot. That doesn't mean I like the fact that they framed a couple innocent people over it. Tyrion almost lost his life and is now an exile. Sansa is now wanted for regicide.

Also, Sansa has put herself on the line for other people before. She saved Dontos' life and was about to get beaten for it. The only reason why she didn't is because the Hound spoke up for her. She risked another beating shortly after by encouraging Joff to go out to Tommen, saved once again when the Hound commented on Tommen's courage and the appearance of Tyrion.

I like Sansa too, she reminds me of a girl I used to date in middle school. I hope she finds her brain, strength, and inner stark and returns to Cersei to give her some come-up-ins. But I fear she just may grow Manderly fat in the vale, ;)

Although I'm sure she'll continue the good fight inside her mind.

Martin is playing the long game with Sansa and I think you are going to be pleasantly surprised with what she does in WoW. I'm not worried about Cersei, she's taking care of her own downfall just fine without any help.

` I agree. Eating contest between Gannicus and Kitty. I would suggest a hot-dog eating contest, but Kitty might take affront to that (j/k).

As a vegetarian for ten years and a vegan for eight, yeah, I'd be a bit affronted. :) I suppose I could do some veggie burgers though....

I was thinking a lot about the relative fatness of ASOIAF characters. I think a character once claimed (though they could have been jesting or exaggerating) that Wyman Manderly is the fattest man in the seven kingdoms.

Now I realize that Illyrio is not from the 7 kingdoms, but I don't think is girth is described in termas as shocking or awe-inspiring as Lord Manderly.

One extremely fat character who doesn't get enough credit for being extremely fat is King Robert. I imagine him as about 6 foot 6 or 6 foot 7, with broad shoulders and he was lean and muscular in his early 20s. Do you have any idea how much weight you'd have to put on to look enormously fat with that type of build? I bet Robert was pushing 350-400 pounds.

I would give Robert at least 370lbs. I'm just shy of 6'2 and weight around 320lbs(I'm very sad to say that) just about everyone guesses my weight to be around 270lb range. So Robert could have differently weight up to and around the 400lb range.

A good example of the size of that Robert could have been in Christopher "Big Black" Boykin, he is said to be around 6'5" and 400lbs so I've always thought of Robert being around that size.

K3 you're a vegan?? that's nice. it takes so much dedication. I used to date a vegan but it was a pain, we could never go out to eat so we just went to a lot of punk rock gigs

Yep, have been an ethical vegan for years. :) My husband is not one at all. A woman once asked us how we handled meals at home and commented that it must be hard for me having to cook two meals for dinner every night. I just burst out laughing. We go out to eat all the time and have never had a problem. Most of the restaurants that I go to are rather veg-friendly. My local pizza place has vegan cheese available for example.

I think the Yellow Whale is the fattest character that we have seen so far. Followed by Manderly. Illyrio is not so burdened by his weight: many characters describe him as moving very swiftly despite the layers of fat. Manderly cannot sit on a horse: to go to Winterfell, he has to go by barge and have many stops for resting. The Yellow Whale would need a GPS just to go to the restroom.

I think the Yellow Whale is the fattest character that we have seen so far. Followed by Manderly. Illyrio is not so burdened by his weight: many characters describe him as moving very swiftly despite the layers of fat. Manderly cannot sit on a horse: to go to Winterfell, he has to go by barge and have many stops for resting. The Yellow Whale would need a GPS just to go to the restroom.

Illyrio can't sit a horse either. If he's nimble, its because he's an exbravo whereas manderly seems to just have been getting larger all along,

Illyrio can't sit a horse either. If he's nimble, its because he's an exbravo whereas manderly seems to just have been getting larger all along,

Yeah, but that shows that he's less fat and more active than Lord Manderly. All we see the latter do is eat, jape and plot Roose's downfall.Have we ever seen him walking?

You Americans and your options! I can't even get a decent yakisoba in my city.

(Also, I think it's Yellow Whale #1, then Manderly)

I can not imagine. I've got Thai, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Arabic, and Ethiopian options. Lots of places with vegetarian menus and couple of vegetarian restaurants, one of which has all raw food. I guess there isn't much diversity for you? From what little I know of Brazilian food, it's very meat centric, right?

Archived