Breaking Bad Discussion II

7V3N

Two small questions:

1. How did the DEA get a warrant to search the bank? Even with the surveilance, they don't appear to have probable cause - he's just a guy who checks his safe deposit box every week with a surprisingly large and heavy case.

2. Is it really less risky to make repeated small transfers than one large one to each party? The big risk is that the families would start spending it all at once - except they didn't seem to do that when Gus was alive, and they weren't doing it now with the new payments.

I honestly thought Mike was driving away and he would have lived only to have a stand-off between Walt and Mike next episode.

That would have been OK. I'm actually thinking about the scene in the very beginning of the season now where he packs his car up with guns and ammunition.

I'm starting to wonder what that's for. Does anyone think he'll be going against Jesse or even against those other drug dealers that Walt was negotiating with in the beginning of this episode?

While Walt certainly ruined a good thing for Mike by killing Gus, it is worth noting Walt's initial defiance of Gus, the thing for which he did not keep his mouth shut and do his job, was one of the last times Walt did not behave completely selfishly. It was not getting rid of Jesse or eventually letting him die at the hands of the drug dealers that made Gus mark Walt for death leading to Walt's increasing desperation and ultimately Gus's death.

While Walt certainly ruined a good thing for Mike by killing Gus, it is worth noting Walt's initial defiance of Gus, the thing for which he did not keep his mouth shut and do his job, was one of the last times Walt did not behave completely selfishly. It was not getting rid of Jesse or eventually letting him die at the hands of the drug dealers that made Gus mark Walt for death.

Yeah, I had the same thought. Mike's whole "the reason you suck" speech didn't really work for me because Walt was content to work for Gus and only crossed him to save Jesse, who, ironically, Mike would become fond of. I mean, the S3 finale had Mike literally within seconds of killing Walt, and S4 was largely Walt doing what he felt he needed to do to survive.

I do think Mike would gladly give up Jesse if he had it all to dover again and it meant things would stay the same. It goes without saying he wishes Walt would have just laid down and died when Gus was after him.

Did Mike just abandon his granddaughter at the park to get away from the cops?

About the bank search:

The woman at the front desk was acting weird--I immediately knew something was up--so the lawyer must have been tailed, the DEA saw him go the the bank on a schedule or something, asked around and got the woman to crack, giving up the lawyer. That'd make a warrant pretty easy to get.

• 4 months later...

I do think Mike would gladly give up Jesse if he had it all to dover again and it meant things would stay the same. It goes without saying he wishes Walt would have just laid down and died when Gus was after him.

Did Mike just abandon his granddaughter at the park to get away from the cops?

It was a heartbreaking thing to watch, but I think Mike did it because to him, having his granddaughter see him arrested by cops was the worse option. Loved that episode.

• 3 months later...

Hmmm....

"A TV show is ultimately judged by its spinoff," Bob Odenkirk joked at the wrap party for the fifth and final season of Breaking Bad. Turns out he wasn't kidding: Odenkirk's character, the comically overbearing lawyer Saul Goodman, is set to get his own show.

"No one thought the part was meant to last," Odenkirk told Vulture, adding that Goodman's final scene in the Breaking Bad finale will be "a really rich one."

http://www.rollingst...pening-20130410

Sa'll good, man!

Color me sceptic ;) Can't say it sounds too intriguing, or any intriguing at all? On the other hand, I seem to recall feeling kind of sorry for him when he realized how deep he was in with Walt, so maybe there is something to his character somewhere after all.

Archived