Most anticipated storylines for Winds of Winter.

TheeMikeHoncho

I'm really curious what will happen with Mellisandre actually...

While we don't know Jon's fate yet... we know one thing... if he doesn't have a pulse she will try to burn him. We know that a sacrifice of king's blood might bring on something awesome... and Jon does have King's blood. Besides the fact that he has Stark's blood who were the kings of the north for a very long time in the past, and his brother restored that claim... then the fact that even though its under a different title, the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch used to be kings of the wall... and if the theory of him being Rheagar's son is true... he was/is like a super king xD

I wonder what would happen if Jon was sacrificed to the flames...

He will burn.

(repost from another thread)

I'm really excited to see what happens in the Vale with Littlefinger and Sansa. Once Rickon is revealed and Sansa has the Vale through marriage will they be on opposing sides? Rickon would be Wymen Manderly's tool to get Northern lords to declare for Stannis but how could they not consider declaring for Sansa? Will Littlefinger advise her to declare for Stannis or fight against Stannis? I'm assuming Sansa will want to declare for Stannis but Littlefinger will tell her not to and she'll kill him then ally with Stannis because that's what Ned would have done. Her scheming will be encouraged by Mya Stone and Myranda Royce.

I'm looking forward to the battle for Winterfell, the battle in Meereen, a battle at the Wall between the NW and the wildlings, and a possible battle at Oldtown between the Redwyns and Euron Greyjoy. Maybe there will also be a battle in the Stormlands or King's Landing between Aegon and the Tyrells/Lannisters.

The Vale could be a huge factor in the North. LF would love to have a bigger slice of the pie. The Vale and WF. I think he would encourage Sansa to reclaim WF.

I have read through as many of these as I could, and as a first time poster, I could not believe that no one has mentioned their eagerness to see the Clegane bros finally duke it out....Mountain Vs Hound baby........

The possibility is almost next to impossible because remember Sandor is on silent shore (if he is alive), and does not have any motive to go back to king's landing, because vengeance against his brother was the thing which had driven him how can he know that robert strong is actually ungregor.

I'm most looking forward to the immediate chaos at the Wall, and whatever aftermath that produces.

I've never been a fan of Theon's but I'm actually a little excited to see what happens with him.

Finally, I looking forward to Dany actually doing something and hopefully leaving for Westeros (although I still have worries that the later won't really happen until book 7).

The Citadel, The Citadel, The Citadel.

After the events of ADWD, I no longer consider Sam to be a simple student. He knows some things. And he knows that those around don't want to know some things. So....things. Also, the other, uh, parties that are present there should make things interesting as their agendas unfold.

Not sure if anyone else has addressed all this already but figured id post anyway

I completely agree. Really looking forward to seeing if alleras/the sphinx is actually sarella sand...and if so what kind of influence she will have on sams story arc and the rest of the characters involved in the citadel/old town. I feel like I overlooked the importance/relevance of this aspect of the series until I reread FFC for the second time through and payed more attention to the smaller details. But I think there is a lot of potential for an interesting conflict down there.

How, if at all, do you think dorne, it's characters and its interests will be affected by sarella sands training at the citadel and her interactions with the Mage?

The possibility is almost next to impossible because remember Sandor is on silent shore (if he is alive), and does not have any motive to go back to king's landing, because vengeance against his brother was the thing which had driven him how can he know that robert strong is actually ungregor.

The reason I say this will happen, was due in part to Sandor's utter hatred for his brother, and in part due to Bran's dreams/prophecy:

"There were shadows all around them. One shadow was as dark as ash, with the terrible face of a hound. Another was armored like the sun, golden and beautiful. Over them both loomed a giant in armor made of stone, but when he opened his visor, there was nothing inside but darkness and thick black blood"

While this doesn't exactly say they will fight, I believe that it can be interpretted as such.

The reason I say this will happen, was due in part to Sandor's utter hatred for his brother, and in part due to Bran's dreams/prophecy:

"There were shadows all around them. One shadow was as dark as ash, with the terrible face of a hound. Another was armored like the sun, golden and beautiful. Over them both loomed a giant in armor made of stone, but when he opened his visor, there was nothing inside but darkness and thick black blood"

I don't remember this part, but now I'm curious as to who this "armored like the sun" guy is.

Archived