Most anticipated storylines for Winds of Winter.

TheeMikeHoncho

Tyrion leading the Second Sons into battle, on dragonback. Giving a lift to Brown Ben Plumm to drop him off behind enemy lines and take hostages, securing surrenders quickly. I can imagine them taking the Eyrie, Harrenhal, and Casterly Rock like that. Please please please GRRM, let's see Tyrion roast Littlefinger with dragonflame!

I neglected to mention that I am also really interested in finding out what's really going on with Mance and the "washerwomen." Also, will The Hound play any future role. And if my guess that Cersei's new champion is really Hound's big brother, somehow transmorgified by the chainless outcast Maester (both those names eludes me at the moment). And although I have not found his recent story line terribly interesting, I always enjoy Tyrion's POV.

Least anticipated: as stated, any of the Iron Islanders. And Bran turning into a tree, which I find almost unbearably grotesque and also as slow as the growing of an oak from acorn.

People/places I've totally forgotten - Bloodraven, Lands of Always Winter. I guess I'll have to reread before WoW.

Because he's the bastard son of Aerys Targaryen and Joanna Lannister, of course. Why else?

All looney theories are true, everyone knows that.

I think tywin lannister would have slain himself with his own hands if that was the case, and tyrion is clever which is the quality which he has taken definitely from his father, and from what has been written in the books tywin and jonna loved each other deeply for this to be true.Do you have any evidence from the books to support your claim?

I think tywin lannister would have slain himself with his own hands if that was the case, and tyrion is clever which is the quality which he has taken definitely from his father, and from what has been written in the books tywin and jonna loved each other deeply for this to be true.Do you have any evidence from the books to support your claim?

This is not the thread for that. This is. Or this. Or this. Or this.

For me:

1) Jon Snow!

2) Arya returning to Westeros and hopefully killing Cersei with the help of the one-eyed cat

3) Daenerys teaming up with Tyrion and Tyrion teaching her dragonlore, and feeding the Yunkai and the Sons of the Harpy to her dragons.

4) Sam in Oldtown and the stranger who stole the keys to the Citadel

5) Hopefully Victorion trying to do a "Frog" when Daenerys rejects him, and consequently ending up as Barbecue Drogon Style.

Plus, we've been in Meereen for so long that it'll be great to finally see it resolved.

I need to correct your sentence...

"Plus we've been in Meereen for so long that it'll be great to finally see it burn to the ground and let the plot move forward already!!!! >.<"

My man Jon of course. (if he's really dead im 700% done and throwing my book in the fire)

I kinda feel like this too... but then again I almost rage quit 4 books ago after Eddard got his head chopped off D=

But really... I feel like Jon is the main character of the series at this point... in the song of ice and fire HE IS THE ICE! It would be like if GRRM decided to off Dany... it would just be kinda a weird move for the plot.

So I in no way believe that Jon is going to die... what I have high anticipation for is how this is going to affect Jons future..

The better question might be, "What storylines are you NOT looking forward to?"

Actually... there were quite a few storylines I was getting fed up with in the last two books... or rather... too many POVs... Too many Greyjoys scampering around for my liking... and Dorne Chapters always put me to sleep. I feel like the excessive POVs was slowing the plot down rather than adding to the story. This isn't to say I don't care whats happening with our beloved Iron Islanders and Dorne... but... *sigh

Anyways... as for what I'm actually looking forward to.

1 What is going to happen to Tyrion... The last book was a total downer for him... but I'm really curious as to what the author has in mind for him. I don't think the author would keep him alive unless he had some more awesomeness in store...

2. Dany actually doing crap with her dragons... for a book that was called Dance with Dragons I was expecting awesome dragon action the whole time and ended up with nothing Dx

3. Brienne/Jaime actually getting closer to finding Sansa and/or Arya. I feel like they've (especially Brienne) managed to do alot of nothing the last book or so. Plus it would be nice if Kat died.

4. Arya, Sansa, Bran... MORE STARK Mooooaaaar Dx

Because I feel that they don't get enough chapters... I'm rereading the second book right now... and its so nice that all the chapters basically go "Tyrion-Dany-All the rest Stark."

Despite how people seem excited about Arya's assassin training I think things aren't going to go that smoothly since she refuses to completely let go of her past (Jon's sword.) I want to see Sansa get raped manipulated by little finger. I want to know what the authors intention for Bran is for the rest of this book even.... I want to see him fly :bawl:

Heck for the sake of more Starkiness I wouldn't mind a wild puppy Rickon POV... or a Zombie Wolf Headed Rob POV.

Anyways... I have quite a bit I'm anticipating... and will probably have several more years to build up even more. I hope we are not let down.

Jon Snow

Arya

Dany/Victarion (her and a dragon vs. 50 Dothraki riders? cmon the Dothraki couldn't be THAT stupid to try anything could they?)

Rickon/Davos

Sansa (normally I could care less, but the way her chapter ended in AFFC got me excited)

I really wanna see the Starks cause some shit. I'm also interested to see what the Dornish are causing and if they will join with Aegon

1) The Stark children, like previous posts mentioned, their story arcs are extremely underdeveloped. We only have 2 books to go!

2) I want to see Varys! He's one of the only characters who seems to have a grip on what's really going on here, and he has so much intel and knowledge about what's really going on, the stuff that's hard to see from other POVs.

3) Melisandre. I didn't like her at first, but she is starting to grow on me. I think she knows that Stannis is not AA, and I also think she has some good in her. I can't figure out her motive with Jon, but my gut is telling me that I should not be suspicious of her at this point.

4) I reaaaaaaaally want to find out if R+L=J in this book, but I don't have any hopes for that. I do, however, hope we learn a little more about the background, and possibly this could help to prove whether Aegon is the mummer's dragon or the real deal.

I'm really nervous about reading TWOW totally unspoiled. I knew so many of the major events for the first 5 books, and it sort of protected me from being too upset by anything. I'm not sure my heart can take being totally surprised, even though I'll always regret not knowing whether I would have figured certain things out or not.

Jaime and Brienne and Asha and Theon's fates make me the most nervous (well, except Asha - I don't think she's in any danger whatsoever). I also worry about Cercei, sort of despite myself. I don't actually mind her dying, but I don't want her to endure anymore humiliation. I am pretty hopeful that we will see the Hound again fairly early in TWOW, so if that doesn't happen I'll be disappointed.

Although those are the ones that interest me most, I'm mostly interested in everything. Arya is probably at the bottom, along with the pointless POVs like Mel, Barristan, Aeron/Victarion, Arianne, JonCon and most other johnny come latelies. I like Arya, but until the Faceless Man arc is over, my interest in her story is greatly diminished.

• 5 weeks later...

I have a really hard time deciding what particular order I am most excited about things in, especially because some storylines I had little interest in can turn into the most interesting, and the most interesting can become almost boring.

I do no matter what want to see what happens to Jon Snow after the attack...if he survives, how he survives, etc. I also want to know about Robert Strong, like for instance it a Gregor without his head, where is his head, perhaps Qyburn using it as part of his reanimation necromancy, etc.

I also want to know what happened to Jojen, because even though he isn't one of my favorite characters, I just don't want to believe he has been made into Jojen stew.

The battle of Winterfell. Most of the theories we've formulated over the years will finally be realized. The battle of mareen as well. Hopefully Dario will die, but I doubt it, since so many people hate him.

Archived