Theory on Maggy's prophecy and new definition for 'Volanqar'

Davos' fingertip

A lot of GRRM prophesies seem confusing at first, but then they make total sense once they come true. I don't think that he would get too weird over a prophesy.

I say he keeps it simple, and it's either Tyrion or Jaime. I would love for it to be Tyrion and I would cheer. I would cry like a girl if it were Jaime. It just wouldn't be right to have anybody else kill her.

Thats why its Stannis, He is her brother in Westeros law, and she doesn't even think its anybody but Tyrion. Jaime would work, but he has broken away from her. I don't even think they will see each other again.

Thats why its Stannis, He is her brother in Westeros law, and she doesn't even think its anybody but Tyrion. Jaime would work, but he has broken away from her. I don't even think they will see each other again.

Good shout. Assuming Jaime is still alive and well (relatively speaking,) I think it would work really well if they never see one another again Eventually, Jaime is told that Cersei is dead, and he doesn't really seem to care...

Hey there! I'm new here and have some thoughts. If they've been discussed already I apologize.

So much important action takes place at King's Landing, mainly because the Throne's there and it's an actual city with a large population of warm bodies to murder.

I suspect that the Others will visit sooner than later, resulting in a very dead, but not terribly happy wight version of Tommen. I think it is this "Little Brother" that will choke Cersei.

There's all sorts of great stuff that can lead up to this. Imagine what crazy stunt gets pulled to let the wights into the city in the first place. Just let your brains run wild. Once the plague takes hold, think of the happy family locked in the keep as the city goes zombie. Maybe Cersei kills Jaime to protect her "ill" Tommen. Cersei may even welcome, in her last mad act, her newly resurrected child's embrace.

A whole city full of zombies. Burn it to the ground Dany.

Hey there! I'm new here and have some thoughts. If they've been discussed already I apologize.

So much important action takes place at King's Landing, mainly because the Throne's there and it's an actual city with a large population of warm bodies to murder.

I suspect that the Others will visit sooner than later, resulting in a very dead, but not terribly happy wight version of Tommen. I think it is this "Little Brother" that will choke Cersei.

There's all sorts of great stuff that can lead up to this. Imagine what crazy stunt gets pulled to let the wights into the city in the first place. Just let your brains run wild. Once the plague takes hold, think of the happy family locked in the keep as the city goes zombie. Maybe Cersei kills Jaime to protect her "ill" Tommen. Cersei may even welcome, in her last mad act, her newly resurrected child's embrace.

A whole city full of zombies. Burn it to the ground Dany.

Welcome to the foums!

That's an interesting idea; personally, I don't think it is that likely, but the wight Tommen killing Cersei, and Cersei welcoming it would be quite poetic IMO. IIRC it hasn't really been discussed here either.

Keep brining new ideas!

Tommen could kill cersei since he is the little brother. And joff is already dead. Now is it sentencing her to death. Or actually killing her I don't know. Still like it as tyrion or jamie. But I'm sure tommen could be twisted just as good. I can't see someone she isnt related to do it though >_< but changing it from your to the is so typical martin to keep us guessing and guessing.

Tommen could kill cersei since he is the little brother. And joff is already dead. Now is it sentencing her to death. Or actually killing her I don't know. Still like it as tyrion or jamie. But I'm sure tommen could be twisted just as good. I can't see someone she isnt related to do it though >_< but changing it from your to the is so typical martin to keep us guessing and guessing.

She will kill Tommen! it is known!

One way or another, either Jaime or Tyrion is going to make it back to King's Landing. They are Cersei's little brothers. One of them will kill her, hopefully Jaime.

I don't think she see either of them again. If she does it will be when Tyrion gets to KL and she is running away, before she runs in to Stannis. Who will kill her.

Maggy: ''Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds,'' she said. ''And when your tears have drowned you, the volanqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you''

Well, father or little brother makes no matter... It is the same person. I think everyone expects Jaime to kill her (Father to children and little brother to Cersei)

Well, father or little brother makes no matter... It is the same person. I think everyone expects Jaime to kill her (Father to children and little brother to Cersei)

Everyone does expect that. That's why many people are hoping that it will be somebody else. Jaime would just be a little bit too poetic, I think.

Why wouuld she run into stannis before she see jamie or tyrion. That's highly unlikely and it is not known. Where is the evidence that she will kill tommen.

I agree with the Stannis statement. It's highly unlikely, imo.

I think people believe that Cersei will kill Tommen because the television show heavily implied she was going to poison and kill him if Stannis' army made it to the throne room. The poison was in her hand when Tywin came in to declare victory.

Personally I think unJaime would be more likely than wight Jaime. I also think it would be better if unJaime killed Cersei than if normal Jaime did, though I'd still like to see a less obvious candidate be responsible.

How would Jaime become UnJaimie? Is UnCat going to bring him back? That would totally be out of her character.

How would Jaime become UnJaimie? Is UnCat going to bring him back? That would totally be out of her character.

Seems more likely atm than him becoming a wight so far from the Wall, and more likely again than him becoming a wight and bumping into Cersei. It seems likely that he'd need some level of control and memory to do that. So far, with the possible exception of Coldhands, we haven't seen any wights that have retained their memories, or old agendas.

As fo unCat it does seem like it would be out of character, but it would depend on whether it was unCat directly, or another in between, whether Brienne could convince unCat that Jaime kept his oath as best he could etc. I don't think unJaime is likely, but more likely than him becoming a wight and then reaching Cersei.

One way or another, either Jaime or Tyrion is going to make it back to King's Landing. They are Cersei's little brothers. One of them will kill her, hopefully Jaime.

Cersi depending on how this trial plays out may be on her way back to Casterly Rock. That is also where Tyrion and the Second Sons are headed.....which is another possible use of Valenqour.

Cersi depending on how this trial plays out may be on her way back to Casterly Rock. That is also where Tyrion and the Second Sons are headed.....which is another possible use of Valenqour.

Now there is an interesting idea that I hadn't heard before. I doubt Tyrion has enough empathy left any more, but wouldn't it be awesome if he tried to protect her from the Second Sons, and she trusted them over him, and they killed he?

Seems more likely atm than him becoming a wight so far from the Wall, and more likely again than him becoming a wight and bumping into Cersei. It seems likely that he'd need some level of control and memory to do that. So far, with the possible exception of Coldhands, we haven't seen any wights that have retained their memories, or old agendas.

As fo unCat it does seem like it would be out of character, but it would depend on whether it was unCat directly, or another in between, whether Brienne could convince unCat that Jaime kept his oath as best he could etc. I don't think unJaime is likely, but more likely than him becoming a wight and then reaching Cersei.

Yeah, both of those ideas are far fetched. Jaime as a wight was a long shot idea I had during a re-read of DwD.

Cersei bumping into Jaime on her way to Caterly Rock or running into Tyrion when she gets there would probably make more sense at this point.

Yeah, both of those ideas are far fetched. Jaime as a wight was a long shot idea I had during a re-read of DwD.

Cersei bumping into Jaime on her way to Caterly Rock or running into Tyrion when she gets there would probably make more sense at this point.

Yeah, I could definitely go along with something like that, though I'm not sure she'd leave KL without Tommen, and Tommen can't really leave KL until the war is over. I still very much like @Where whores go <-'s Second Sons suggestion. I'm really hoping for a death which doesnt directly involve Jaime or Tyrion tbh, I just feel like both of her brothers are too obvious choices.

I agree with the Stannis statement. It's highly unlikely, imo.

I think people believe that Cersei will kill Tommen because the television show heavily implied she was going to poison and kill him if Stannis' army made it to the throne room. The poison was in her hand when Tywin came in to declare victory.

That's certainly not enough evidence for me. Besides we go with the books anyway. I mean its not out of character for her to kill him. But I don't know if she will. Unless he is about to die at the hands of someone else.

Archived