U.S. Politics - a conservative, a conservative, my kingdom for a conservative

TerraPrime

So what do the different poll sites say about the presidential, senate, house and other races?

My favorite site (left leaning but statistically oriented) has Obama leading Romney 332 to 206 electoral votes. The senate polls are listed as 48 for Dems, 49 for GOP, 3 ties including Maine which is going for the independent.

http://electoral-vote.com/

I don't think they will be indefinite. That's just Ben telling the markets that he has his bazooka and is using it.

Realistically I expect three things:

1. Slight to moderate inflation, which all in all wouldn't be that bad

2. Higher markets and commodities

3. Little to no effect on job markets in the short term

Seems like it'd be a better economic plan, though politically not feasible, for the Fed to simply buy the bad mortgages and retire them while requiring the banks to do principle reductions for underwater homeowners.

Fed decided that QE is now set to run indefinitely, along with ZIRP. They are purchasing mortgage backed securities.

I believe I was telling people on this very board a year or two ago that we would undoubtedly have indefinite QE.

Last time Bernanke started the Arab Spring. I wonder what he can muster up this time? Maybe a Nobel Peace Prize?

For us less economically informed posters, can you explain how the fed's policies directly affected Tunisia?

I don't think they will be indefinite. That's just Ben telling the markets that he has his bazooka and is using it.

Realistically I expect three things:

1. Slight to moderate inflation, which all in all wouldn't be that bad

2. Higher markets and commodities

3. Little to no effect on job markets in the short term

Seems like it'd be a better economic plan, though politically not feasible, for the Fed to simply buy the bad mortgages and retire them while requiring the banks to do principle reductions for underwater homeowners.

Why would you get inflation?

Some people argue that the easing programs cause commodity speculation.

ETA: In any case, there are always unintended consequences to dropping $40b a month into the markets. You'd have to be pretty myopic to say otherwise.

Some people said it would cause massive inflation. (fyi, it didn't)

Some people say alot of stupid things.

Actually it was porbably Romney since a few GOP voters seem to be confussed about who actually killed Osama

Was't it some Navy SEALS?? I actually read from time to time that people think Obama did it. :lol

So what do the different poll sites say about the presidential, senate, house and other races?

My favorite site (left leaning but statistically oriented) has Obama leading Romney 332 to 206 electoral votes. The senate polls are listed as 48 for Dems, 49 for GOP, 3 ties including Maine which is going for the independent.

http://electoral-vote.com/

Quoting Lilith's post here as I merged her thread with this one.

I wonder who you would blame if the operation was botched

I wouldn't really care to be honest. I prefer Obama over Romney, not that it matters much to me, but I don't particularly care for Obama either.

On a side note. Who is playing Obama in the movie??

Archived