Rickon Theories?

lewisdy9093

I'd like to see Rickon and Shaggy as the Stark Avengers. They come in and scare the hell out of everyone who's ever been remotely unkind to the Starks, but especially the Boltons. Shaggy could handle Ramsay, no question.

I'm concerned that GRRM throws a curveball by having Ramsay and "the girls" take down Shaggy and Rickson when they appear. There's been plenty foreshadowing about the girls being trained to take down a direwolf...

I'm concerned that GRRM throws a curveball by having Ramsay and "the girls" take down Shaggy and Rickson when they appear. There's been plenty foreshadowing about the girls being trained to take down a direwolf...

But how do you train them to take down a direwolf without direwolves to use for practice? I think Ramsay is blowing hot air on that one or was talking about Starks rather than actual direwolves.

Ramsay's girls won't be his for long if he sends them after Bran, Rickon, or Jon. They will warg them and have the girls rip Ramsay to pieces

That or his "wife" will show up with that poison that makes dogs go nuts and have his girls take him out. Arya would make a lovely Lady of the Dreadfort, don't you think?

• 2 weeks later...

He can train them all he wants, by the time Shaggy would be coming back, it's going to take more than Ramsay's girls to take him down.

He can train them all he wants, by the time Shaggy would be coming back, it's going to take more than Ramsay's girls to take him down.

Agreed! Shaggydog is aggressive, probably even more than Grey Wind was. Any perceived threat to Rickon and that direwolf is going to go crazy defending that boy. I do think we're overdue for another badass direwolf moment though, so I really hope Martin will give us the Ramsay's girls vs. Shaggydog showdown! What an entrance that would be for Rickon, Shaggydog, and Osha!

Rickon Riding Shaggydog into battle anyone??!

Seriously. We have not really seen what happens to Direwolves when they have an infinite food supply(such as on skagos)

They could be like Dragons and grow with all the food they consume.

So anyone want to see Rickon ride into battle while riding his Direwolf?!

Reading thru this I have noticed that most people are talking about how he will come back i.e. leading an army with unicorns or where he will end up i.e. King of the North.

What I am curious about is when he comes back how will that effect the current situations in the North.

Will the Northmen turn to him as a figurehead and turn on their alliance with Stannis?

How will Stannis try to use him? Is it the army of the North that Stannis will need or will the circumstances be that Rickon's kings blood will be more beneficial in Stannis' plan at the time.

The return of Rickon could mean Stannis losing the support of the Northmen. Do you think Manderly and the others would be ok with Rickon as Warden or would they insist on KitN. Stan wouldn't go with that title for Rob so I doubt he would change now.

I also have a gut feeling (that I have posted about) that Rickon will be the reason that Davos has to choose between what he feels to be right and however Stannis plans on using him. Davos will turn on Stannis to protect Rickon in some way.

I don't know what Rickons ending will be but I have a feeling that his return will set forth events that will set Stannis' character arc in a direction that none of us are expecting..

The facts say Rickon will tun out evil, cruel, mad or something in that direction.

1. As often mentioned everything and everyone of importance to him is dead, gone, burned or destroyed. All during a time, where he was too young to understand any of it. And it wasn't only one big blow, but one strike after another. just when he might have had the time to recover the next strike came at him.

2. Then there is his direwolf. The only direwolf that Martin colored black, most likely not without reason. Shaggydog is the wildest of all, he attacked several people even those who meant neither him nor Rickon any harm like Master Luwin. Both Jojen and Bran in Summers skin can feel his anger and distress.

3. With the last point in mind there is the fact, that as far as we know Rickon has nobody who can instruct him developing his warg abilities. For me there is no doubt about Rickon being a warg since all the other Stark children with living direwolfs have wolfdreams. When Jojen starts to instruct Bran he gives him tasks to fulfill in Summers skin in order to remain the one in charge. He warns if the human doesn't learn to control the beast, the beast will start to control the human. And we also learn how hard it is for Bran to follow these orders in the beginning and we know Robb feared the savageness of Greywind at some point and how that might influence him. So the chance for Rickon not been as strong and becoming more and more like the wild black direwolf is rather high.

4. In his current situation he is on an island known for it's cruel and savage inhabitants with no one else than Osha to look over him. Osha no doubt is a tough woman who seems to be capable to deal with a lot and she appears to be trustworthy and with a healthy view on things. But she still is a wilding who's seen cruel things that made her flee from her home. And don't forget that she almost would have taken a part in the murder of a crippled boy when her band encountered Bran. Is she capable of protecting Rickon? Protecting him from himself? Maybe Davos can compensate something if he finds Rickon. But will he and hasn't there passed to much time already?

5. A minor point but it adds to the picture: Rickon befriended the Walders at Winterfell.

So if Rickon doesn't meet a great, wise Mentor with knowledge about wargism and a loving nature he can only become the Mad Wolf. I see no other way.

While overall I agree with what you're saying, I would like to point out that points #1 and 2 apply to Arya as well, if not more so. She also loses everything she has, one blow at a time- except she witnesses how those she loves are lost to her. While Rickon is home in Winterfell (and later in the crypts, then on the road with his brother and wolf), Arya witnesses the death of Lady, Mycah, and then her father. She also sees the deaths of Yoren from the NW, Lommy, and all the people tortured and killed by the Tickler. Her mother and Robb are killed at the Red Wedding, practically right under her nose, and then even the Hound, a protector of sorts, dies on her. She has lost more, and is more alone, than any of the other Starks. Rickon's life has been a walk in the park compared to hers. Which is why I find it hard to believe he will be more messed up than she is(if that's even possible. I mean, she kills people for a living...)

As for Shaggy, while he is certainly aggressive, again I'd say Nymeria has him beat. She has assembled a pack of hundreds of wolves, who have been terrorizing the Riverlands, attacking anything in their path including humans.

A lot of people here seem to think Rickon and Shaggy are going to be the dark Stark avengers, but while that is certainly a possibility (and one I would enjoy seeing), we shouldn't count out Arya. While we know nothing about Rickon, we know she has been in professional training to be a killer without equal. Meanwhile, Nymeria is gathering a great host of wolves...

Ramsay's girls won't be his for long if he sends them after Bran, Rickon, or Jon. They will warg them and have the girls rip Ramsay to pieces

I would LOOOOVE to see this happen!

Archived