'The Winds Of Winter' Death Predictions

Queen of Whores

I get the feeling that none of the Kings that are currently alive will be by the time the next book ends.

So Tommen, Euron, Stannis and Aegon will all be as dead as dead gets. I see Aegon taking the Iron Throne and killing Tommen early (first half of the book). Varys will reveal Aegon is a fraud when he realises Dany is a much better horse to back - this will happen even if Aegon is NOT a fraud. Stannis will die at the end when the Others knock down the Wall. I can't predict how Euron will die but I'd stake a lot of money on it having something to do with Damphair.

Edit: and Mance.

My advance mortuary report for TWOW:

1) Victarion 'My TARG!' Greyjoy- Death cause: Inflama Drogonosis

2) Khal Jhaqo- Death cause: same as above

3) Cersei 'You win, then you die' Lannister- death cause: Angry Blackfyres

4) Tommen 'Ser Pounce' Lannister- ditto

5) Melisandre 'I'm Not Seastar'- death cause: Wallus collapsus

6) Pretty much the entire NW- ditto

I have a feeling that we'll see the end of Cersei in book six, mainly because of two things: 1) She's in a pretty bad situation as it is, and 2) It seems like she has more or less fulfilled her role in aSoIaF, unless G.R.R.M has got something else planned.

I'm also betting on Victarian getting offed, mainly because his quest to retrieve Dany is very unlikely to ever happen, especially given her situation at the end of aDwD. He's probably one of the least important POVs at the moment, especially since we already have three other Ironborne POVs: Aeron, Asha and Theon.

Speaking of which, I also think tWoW will be the end of Theon. A prisoner of Stannis', in a massive snowstorm (is it still going on?) near an enemy stronghold, with his bad pysical condition. Doesn't look to good for Theon.

I have a bad feeling Stannis might be killed in book six, if he isn't already dead (which he 95% chance he probably isn't), although I'm not sure if Stannis will play a further part in aSoIaF, especially if all that AA and PtwP shit is true (which I hope it isn't.)

I'm really worried about Jaime, but I don't think Brienne would openly lead him to his death. I feel that there might be more for our favorite Kingslayer before the end.

There's probably plenty more, but I can't think of any more to write now, so what do you guys think? What are your WoW death predictions?

My predictions:

• Cersei will live till the end, as it is her destiny to see everything she wanted crumble. I want her to. That bitch so annyoing and stupid.
  • I think Victarian is only there to provide ships for Dany to come to westeros, so he will probably die or be captured for some bullshit. I don't think Dany will marry him.
  • I think, theon is an awesome charector to die. I might be alone, but I pity him rather than disliking him. I mean, he is has a perfect dichotomy. He is a lost person and he made mistakes, but what else wwould any one else in his position do. Would any of you rather betray your father for a guy who was the son of your "warden"? and If you are not going to might as well make a name for yourself, right? Hence Winterfell. It was his chance for greatness and he took it.
  • Stannis: DEAD, probably his wife too.
  • Nope Jaime will live, he has to. I am quite sure he has a important purpose to fulfill. I think, the others are going to take a huge priority in this book and Jaimie's motivation might change due to Brienne.
  • Prince Doran will die, probably because of natural causes and Arienne will have to choose between rash and cautious desicions. His purpose, I believe, was to train his daughter and I think he did that well enough.
  • Aegon, and Jon Corrington will be joining Dany.
  • Hopefully one of these three... Littlefinger, Varys and Illyrio.
  • Maybe, finally Catylyn (Stoneheart), it is surprising how she managed to survive amidst all of this. She probably travelled the most of any charector, always reached her destinations without any problems.
  • and Bye bye Ramsay bolton, actually all Boltons, a few manderleys, almost all freys (defintely Walder frey, hopefull no becuase of old age), Margery and a lot more.

Surprisingly, I am not sorry about most of these people.

My predictions will be:

Victarion - his motive is to get Dany and her dragons, but the dragonhorn might not work so he'll likely follow the unfortunate fate of Quentyn. His long journey won't be for naught though, coz finally, Dany will get her ships.

Hizdahr - either Vic or Daario will send him to his maker. Drogon, too, if he's not lucky.

Barristan - :crying: I'm still hoping he'll survive the Battle of Meereen and get to see Westeros before saying bye-bye.

Tommen - sadly, his days are numbered. Damn that prophecy.

JonCon - well, it depends upon the severity of his greyscale.

Asha - she has the greater likelihood to survive the war than Theon, but she might sacrifice her life to save her broken brother.

Old Frey - he might die in his sleep or from a heart attack if he'll meet Lady Stoneheart.

Littlefinger - from the epilogue, mayhaps? :D

Jojen - I have this dreadful feeling that one of Bran's companion will go bye-bye.

That's it for now, folks!

Ramsay Bolton (I really hope so)

Cersei Lannister

King Tommen Lannister

Princess Myrcella Lannister

King Stannis Baratheon

Jojen Reed

Meera Reed

"Lady Stoneheart" (It's about time...)

Lord Roose Bolton

Daario Naharis

Ser Davos Seaworth (Possibly?)

Bowen Marsh

Tormund Giantsbane (Har, no!)

Lord Mace Tyrell

Ser Balon Swann

Victarion Greyjoy

Ser Jorah Mormont (He's already half beaten to death)

Ser Barristan Selmy (Daenerys will finally learn how to be independent!)

Hizdahr zo Loraq

Brown Ben Plumm (Daenerys exacting her revenge)

Mago

Lem Lemoncloak (We need the first Hound to return!)

Thoros Of Myr

The Kettleblack Brothers

Ser Meryn Trant (PLEASE!)

I agree, but would add Penny to the list. Her story really doesn't bring anything to the greater plot except for teaching Tyrion and developing his outlook.

I know that Ramsey will be killed, but I hope it is a Stark who does it and not Stannis. It is the justice the Bolton's deserve for betraying the Starks in order to gain control of the North. Maybe he will last until the end of the book and hopefully by that time Sansa has been revealed and had bannermen come to her cause and they kill the Boltons and Freys.

I feel one of the Reeds (Jojen and Meera) live to be at Bran's side a little longer so there is another human character that actually speaks (as much as a love Hodor there needs to be someone else contributing dialogue).

Lastly, I don't think Davos dies in WoW because I feel his quest to find and retrieve Rickon will take him the whole book because I don't really see him getting much time with how much else has to happen to set up a possible finish in ADoS.

Varys is going to die. Littlefinger is going to kill him.

Cersei commits suicide or Tyrion kills her!

Victarion is killed by his brother...forgot his name, the evil Greyjoy.

Stannis

That's all I got for now

1.Could be the other way around too...

2.My guess Jaime kills her.

After that...

Khal Jhogo

Theon

The Hound(The Gravedigger).

The Mountain(UnGregor in a suit)

Possibly Arya.

My death predictions will be :

Lady Stonehearth - Killed by Thoros of Myr and thus freeing Jaime

Roose Bolton - Killed by Stannis

Thormund Giantsbane - Killed by the night's watch at the wall

Brynden "blackfish" tully - killed in the north by wight ambush

Bowen Marsh - Killed by Thormund Giantsbane

Melisandre - Killed by the night's watch

Grenn - Killed by The others

Theon Greyjoy - Killed by wight ambush

Jaime Lannister - Killed by the others

Ser Jorah Mormont - Killed by Wight ambush after daenary's landing

Ser Barristan Selmy - Killed in Mereen

Hizdazr Zo Loraq - Killed by Victarion Greyjoy

Euron Greyjoy - Killed by Aeron Greyjoy

Aeron Greyjoy - Killed by Wight ambush

Mace Tyrell - Beheaded by Aegon

Randyll Tarly - Killed by Daenarys

Littlefinger - Killed by the lords of the vale

Mance Rayder - Killed by Aegon

Aero hotah - killed by Darkstar

Doran Martell - Killed by Stannis

Jon Connington - Died by Greyscale

Cersei - Killed by Aegon

Tommen - Killed by Varys

Varys - Killed by Stannis

Ramsay Bolton - Killed by Others

Illyrio Mopantis - Killed by Daenarys

Davos Seaworth - Killed by Aegon

Gendry - Killed by others

Moqorro - Killed by Aegon

Hodor - Killed by the others

I think this is a good list of people that might just die in the next book. I expect lots of deaths at the hands of the others and the 3 main forces Daenarys Stannis/jon and Aegon to clash often resulting in even more deaths. I also think with the amouth of characters is in line with what we expected. I also think more characters will head north so that's why some characters that aren't north now will still be killed in the north.

With this list the amouth of pov's will also get reduced greatly only :

Daenarys

Tyrion

Jon

Bran

Sansa

Arya

Samwell Tarly

Brienne

Asha

Arianne

would be left. One or two new pov's could be introduced aswell.

I think the following, at least, will die:

- Catelyn "Stoneheart" Tully-Stark. Cut down by Brynden "Blackfish" Tully, joining and taking over the Brotherhood without Banners when he sees what she has become. Thoros will regain some of his old idealism and the BWB will return to their ways as under Dondarrion. Of course they will still hang any Freys they find. In fact they'll be even better at it since Blackfish is a better tactician and leader. All this is happening while Brienne is out looking for Jaime, and Brienne's POV may be witness to the regime change. Jaime, instead of being hanged, will be kept hostage.

- A large number of Freys. Some by the BWB, some in the northern army that Stannis will smash, some at the hands of other Freys fighting over the succession.

- Barristan. Killed by Victarion after their relative factions fall out after trashing both the Yunkai'i and Volantene slavers.

- Hizdahr. Dies in the confusion of one of the battles of Meereen. Nobody much cares. Only important because it renders Dany free to marry again, an offer which Victarion makes and Dany rejects because of poor old Barristan.

- Mellisandre, after a full-on crisis of faith. She's been presented as a fanatic, seen through others' eyes: she has finally been given her OWN point of view (in a chapter that could as easily have been Jon's) and we see that she is much more conflicted and confused than she lets on, and it is only a couple of steps to wondering whether she's actually got something wrong, and how badly. And the traditional way of atonement in religion is by some kind of sacrifice. What has she to sacrifice, except herself?

- Also, Jon Snow must be brought back somehow. "A life for a life" - see above.

- Tommen. Dies, not of poison or dagger, but of a chill that won't go away but gets worse. A winter death. Natural causes, just while Cersei and Margaery are fighting for control over him.

- Littlefinger. Killed by Sansa. Possibly not even in a fight.

- Everyone at the Shadow Tower, at the west end of the wall - First targets for the wight invasion. One person survives to bring the news. Ser Denys Mallister, in command, leads a gallant rearguard but is the last man to die.

- Bowen Marsh and his chums, and any Watch members at Castle Black who aren't quick enough to abandon the black - Killed by wildlings in revenge for the "death" of Jon, who brokered the peace. Tormund tries his best to stop the carnage and eventually gets a measure of control, and a few Watchmen are spared, but Tormund realises "The Watch is dead - We ARE The Watch", and that if they don't stay to defend the wall while Jon is still dead, nobody will. He gets somebody to send a message to Cotter Pyke at Eastwatch-by-Sea, and the few remaining of Stannis's entourage at the Nightfort. He also determines to give Jon a hero's funeral pyre. Enter Mellisandre (see above)...

- Roose Bolton. Killed by Ramsay in an argument that turns violent after Ramsay's forces are defeated by Stannis and Ramsay barely escapes back to Winterfell with his life, proving as great a coward as he is a bully. Half the remaining forces desert at once, led by Hother Umber, and open the gates to Stannis. Ramsay and a few loyalists escape and flee towards the Dreadfort. Stannis arrives in Winterfell, with the Frey host destroyed and the Manderlys defected to him. He is in the ascendant, but physically growing weaker and more skeletal and gaunt by the day. Is it just the cold and hunger, or is it something worse? Mance Rayder is freed, and Stannis decides to pardon him since he has actually done some good with the second chance that Mellisandre gave him.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad someone started this topic, I was thinking of doing it myself.

We haven't had a major kill-off since book 3 (unless you count Jon Snow, and it seems like he's going to survive his assassination) when Robb was knocked off. Tywin also would count, I suppose, but in books four and five I was always predicting the next big death and it never really happened. I hate to say this, but I almost want some main characters to die; I think it would massively freshen up the series, and another 'Red Wedding' type masterpiece would bring back the feeling of the first three books. Somehow I also feel like it would awaken the series from its virtual slumber through the last two - I mean, did anything REALLY important happen? There were plot twists and changes, yes, but there was no huge 'game-changer' of which in the first three books there were so many (Ned's beheading, Renly's death, the sacking of Winterfell, the Red Wedding, Joffrey's death etc.) Anyway, if I had to choose who were to die, I would think Sansa - the whole story with her 'young falcon' doesn't seem like its ever going to happen, and I can't really see where her character's going. When I picture the resolution of the series, she's not in it, so I predict that she's going to die. Also, I think either Brienne or Jaime is going to be killed off soon. I don't think Brienne would lead Jaime to his death, but Lady Stoneheart might have some shit up her sleeve. Otherwise, I have a vague idea that Margaery might get it soon, and Loras doesn't look like he's going to survive anyway, so the Tyrells might be out of the picture by the end of TWOW. Cersei also feels like she's served her purpose for the story, it's just important that Tyrion kills her. I think Stannis will die in the next book, probably during the climax, but for TWOW I think that's it. Other more minor deaths may include:

Ser Barristan Selmy: Killed by Jorah, who is mad with vengeance and thinks Barristan ruined his life.

Ser Jorah Mormont: Executed by Dany after killing Barristan

Aeron Greyjoy: Executed by Euron

Princess Myrcella: Dies of a scorpion bite or something like it.

King Tommen: Either is killed by Varys or dies of sickness.

Roose Bolton: Killed by Ramsay when Stannis takes Winterfell. Ramsay escapes.

Asha Greyjoy: Killed by Theon or Stannis. I'm just pretty sure she's done.

Victarion Greyjoy: Killed by Rhaegal.

Euron Greyjoy: Killed by Stannis

Littlefinger: My guess is that there's going to be some sort of huge mutiny at the Vale, killing Sansa, Littlefinger and Robert Arryn. Could be the next Red Wedding.

Robert Arryn: See above.

Tormund Giantsbane: Killed when the Wall crumbles at the end of the book and the White Walkers invade.

Queen Selyse: Same as above.

Melisandre: Dies giving Jon Snow the kiss of life, the same way Beric did.

Aegon Targaryen: My guess is that he is the third head of the dragon, but after taking King's Landing will die. At the same time:

Viserion: Dany's third dragon will die along with the dragon's third head, Aegon, leaving Dany and Jon to win the Iron Throne.

My advance mortuary report for TWOW:

1) Victarion 'My TARG!' Greyjoy- Death cause: Inflama Drogonosis

2) Khal Jhaqo- Death cause: same as above

3) Cersei 'You win, then you die' Lannister- death cause: Angry Blackfyres

4) Tommen 'Ser Pounce' Lannister- ditto

5) Melisandre 'I'm Not Seastar'- death cause: Wallus collapsus

6) Pretty much the entire NW- ditto

lol a million times

My predictions:

• I think, theon is an awesome charector to die. I might be alone, but I pity him rather than disliking him. I mean, he is has a perfect dichotomy. He is a lost person and he made mistakes, but what else wwould any one else in his position do. Would any of you rather betray your father for a guy who was the son of your "warden"? and If you are not going to might as well make a name for yourself, right? Hence Winterfell. It was his chance for greatness and he took it.
  • Maybe, finally Catylyn (Stoneheart), it is surprising how she managed to survive amidst all of this. She probably travelled the most of any charector, always reached her destinations without any problems.

Surprisingly, I am not sorry about most of these people.

Couldn't agree more about Theon. But Dany, Tyrion, Victarion, Ser Barristan, Ser Jorah, and perhaps others such as Jaime have all travelled further than Catlyn.

I think Uncat and the BwB will kill Gregor Clegane because that is the task they have been sent out to do..I hope it will happen soon because then the BwB and Uncat with them will have fullfilled their task and can be off. I don t like Uncat, actually never liked her even before she became ZombieCat....always negative and nasty way to treat Jon Snow.

Of course I want to see the heads of Roose Bolton and Bastard Ramsay on their spikes finally!

Myrcella and Tommen and Margery will die too I think because of Cerseis prophecy nightmares.

And I think Littlefinger will abuse Sansa and get killed by little Robert who will defend her.

Victarion will die too...after Dany got his dragonhorn..he wants to take Dany and the dragons...and that will not happen.

Maybe Connington and false Aegon will die too in the next book.

Asha or Theon will die too...well I am a woman and I really do like Asha but I bet on Theon to survive to take over the Iron Islands in the end.

I am sure there will be some more deaths - winter is coming!!! - but we will have to see how many spikes GRRM will set before his castle hehe

1) Tommen.

- My death guess: Poisoned by Varys or one of his allies.

It is stated, that more than one person will sit on the throne before the end, and for that to happen, the little boy must go.

2) Jojen Reed.

- My death guess: Killed by wights or Others.

I think it is inevitable that one of Bran's companion will die and I have the feeling, that this happens, when Jojen tries to return to Greywater Watch.

3) Coldhands (who I believe to be Benjen Stark)

This could be very likely a prologue or epilogue character, which gives us much more background information about the Others and the Lands of Always Winter. And as we all know, those characters die at the end of the chapter.

4) The three eyed crow (Bloodraven)

- My death guess: Killed by some magic of the Others.

I totally want to see Bran take his place for real, and to do that, Bloodraven must be exterminated.

5) Littlefinger

- My death guess: Assassinated.

I doubt, he will rise any higher. Instead, by Sansa getting in contact with some people of the Royce clan and some "controversial" thing to happen I doubt, this would bring him back together with Sansa. I rather think, she will finally confess to someone (with the name Royce?), which hires an assassin to kill Littlefinger at the end of the book. My personal favourite would be, that Arya wouls be this assassin and gets back to westeros this way.

6) Sweetrobin

- My death guess: Too much sweetsleep.

I think, his death will be that controversial thing, that happens to Sansa. I think it's likely, that Littlefinger orders her to kill him and she suceeds or he does it himself without her intervening.

7) Melisandre

- My death guess: Reviving Jon.

I think, Melisandre will get much magical action in the next book, which will weaken her. When it's finally time to revive Jon, she is too weak to survive the act.

8) Cotter Pyke

He could already be dead, but he certainly won't come back as "Cotter Pyke". Although, I could see his wight leading a charge against Eastwatch-by-the-Sea.

9) Aeron Grejoy

- My death guess: Killed by Euron-loyal Ironborn.

This one is a total guess. I think, the greyjoys will lose at least two members and as Aeron was the most boring one i can see him to be one of the deaths.

10) Victarion Greyjoy

- My death guess: Killed by Euron's new dragon.

I think, Victarion will at first succeed with the dragonhorn. He plans to overthrow and kill Euron with the help of Rhaegal and Viserion, but when the two of them meet, it is revealed, that the true master of the dragonhorn is Euron, who makes his new dragons kill his treacherous brother.

11) Brienne of Tharth

- My death guess: Killed by Jaime in trial by combat.

I don't see both of them surviving the encounter with Lady Stoneheart and since Jaime is the character with much more potential, I think, he will survive (even if he desn't really want to).

12) Lady Stoneheart

- My death guess: Killed by someone in the Brotherhood without banners, probably Thoros of Myr.

This occurs only when Jaime wins his trial. She would not want him to get away and so commands the Brotherhood to kill him anyways. But the Brotherhood is fed up with her and kills her instead.

13) Myrcella Baratheon

- My death guess: ???

I think, Cersei will die in this book and before she dies, Myrcella must die, too.

14) Cersei Lannister

- My death guess: Killed by Jaime or Tyrion.

She has lost everything, that could contribute to the plot in a important way. So, it's time for her to finally get killed.

15) Jon Connington

- My death guess: Dies of the greyscale.

The course of one book always needs around a year to evolve. Jon Connington thinks, he got one year to live. So, at the end of the next book, he dies.

16) Hizhdar zo Loraq

- My death guess: Killed by either Victarion or Skahaz mo Kandaq.

Seriously, this guy has to go.

• 2 weeks later...

Shireen is a goner... she can't rule with greyscale and that will take Stannis out of the game, if he isn't already when it happens.

Tommen will die it is inevitable, or some kind person will carry him off to live his life in peace somewhere. That is too warm and fuzzy for grrm though. Unless Cercei finally gets a clue and takes her only remaining child away to keep him safe protected by Robert Strong. I think Myrcella is a good bet to die also. She would just be a complication for whoever does take the throne.

I think there will be more confrontation with Varys and Littlefinger perhaps Varys has a hand in Arya's training.. He is such a great character Arya kills Littlefinger, for Sansa and her father. That would be justice, it would also bring the sisters back together for some kind of confrontation and understanding perhaps.

I don't think Brienne can kill Jaime, but that will likely cost Brienne her life. Jaime is getting disillusioned with his family maybe he will try for a little redemption fighting for the Targaryen's, Can you see him as the Queen Dany's hand. It would be interesting.

I think Barristan is gonna die also.

I think the following, at least, will die:

- Catelyn "Stoneheart" Tully-Stark. Cut down by Brynden "Blackfish" Tully, joining and taking over the Brotherhood without Banners when he sees what she has become. Thoros will regain some of his old idealism and the BWB will return to their ways as under Dondarrion. Of course they will still hang any Freys they find. In fact they'll be even better at it since Blackfish is a better tactician and leader. All this is happening while Brienne is out looking for Jaime, and Brienne's POV may be witness to the regime change. Jaime, instead of being hanged, will be kept hostage.

- A large number of Freys. Some by the BWB, some in the northern army that Stannis will smash, some at the hands of other Freys fighting over the succession.

- Barristan. Killed by Victarion after their relative factions fall out after trashing both the Yunkai'i and Volantene slavers.

- Hizdahr. Dies in the confusion of one of the battles of Meereen. Nobody much cares. Only important because it renders Dany free to marry again, an offer which Victarion makes and Dany rejects because of poor old Barristan.

- Mellisandre, after a full-on crisis of faith. She's been presented as a fanatic, seen through others' eyes: she has finally been given her OWN point of view (in a chapter that could as easily have been Jon's) and we see that she is much more conflicted and confused than she lets on, and it is only a couple of steps to wondering whether she's actually got something wrong, and how badly. And the traditional way of atonement in religion is by some kind of sacrifice. What has she to sacrifice, except herself?

- Also, Jon Snow must be brought back somehow. "A life for a life" - see above.

- Tommen. Dies, not of poison or dagger, but of a chill that won't go away but gets worse. A winter death. Natural causes, just while Cersei and Margaery are fighting for control over him.

- Littlefinger. Killed by Sansa. Possibly not even in a fight.

- Everyone at the Shadow Tower, at the west end of the wall - First targets for the wight invasion. One person survives to bring the news. Ser Denys Mallister, in command, leads a gallant rearguard but is the last man to die.

- Bowen Marsh and his chums, and any Watch members at Castle Black who aren't quick enough to abandon the black - Killed by wildlings in revenge for the "death" of Jon, who brokered the peace. Tormund tries his best to stop the carnage and eventually gets a measure of control, and a few Watchmen are spared, but Tormund realises "The Watch is dead - We ARE The Watch", and that if they don't stay to defend the wall while Jon is still dead, nobody will. He gets somebody to send a message to Cotter Pyke at Eastwatch-by-Sea, and the few remaining of Stannis's entourage at the Nightfort. He also determines to give Jon a hero's funeral pyre. Enter Mellisandre (see above)...

- Roose Bolton. Killed by Ramsay in an argument that turns violent after Ramsay's forces are defeated by Stannis and Ramsay barely escapes back to Winterfell with his life, proving as great a coward as he is a bully. Half the remaining forces desert at once, led by Hother Umber, and open the gates to Stannis. Ramsay and a few loyalists escape and flee towards the Dreadfort. Stannis arrives in Winterfell, with the Frey host destroyed and the Manderlys defected to him. He is in the ascendant, but physically growing weaker and more skeletal and gaunt by the day. Is it just the cold and hunger, or is it something worse? Mance Rayder is freed, and Stannis decides to pardon him since he has actually done some good with the second chance that Mellisandre gave him.

I like this, but it is too narrow, and not inclusive of all plot lines. Really agree with the characters and the ways they die.

My predicitons:

Tommen Barotheon

Myrcella Barotheon

Sweetrobin

Littlefinger (near the end of the book)

Ser Barristan

Areo Hotah

Darkstar

Thoros of Myr

Daario Naharris

Hizdahr

Brown Ben Plumm