Could Jon Snow actually be Aegon Targaryen

Of the North

Here you go: Jaime says many things about this. First he says that he is outside Rhaella's bedroom during the rape that conceived Daenerys. Second he says that Jonothor Darry is present. Third he says that the pyromancer was the Hand for a fortnight. So, Daenerys was conceived a fortnight before Jaime slays the pyromancer Hand. Jonothor Darry dies at the Trident within that fortnight. News of the Trident leads to Rhaella being sent to Dragonstone, within that same fortnight. And, Ned arrives at King's Landing, victorious from the Trident, at the end of that fortnight.

err...So it's possible Rhaella was anything between...one moon and 14 days pregnant...right? We don't know how much time passed between Chelsted’s death and Rossart's appointment... probably not more than a few days, but...well, anyway. 14 days between Dany's conception and Rossart's death is a strict minimum imo... : we have 14 days + nine moons = 14 + 28 x 9 = 266 days, minimum for Rhaella’s pregnancy. A pre-term birth is before the 37th week, so around 260 days. Dany’s birth would be a bit early, but normal enough...

I think it's much easier, for all included (GRRM, too) to have normal pregnancies (average of 40 weeks) and lunar phases; and a lunisolar calendar, with an intercalary 13 th month every few years. If we start wondering about the length of weeks and pregnancies etc. there’s just no end to it. The easier explanation for the moon = month amalgam, is that Westeros has lunar months of 28 days; historically it makes sense, too.

So...Dany should have been born after 10 moons (= 10 lunar months; 280 days) but might have been two weeks early, hence 9 moons (= 9 lunar months; 252 days) after the sack; with the premise, that there was (at least) a "fortnight" between Rhaella's rape, and the sack....There is imo, no problem with the timeline.

...Unless Lyanna was in a pool of blood for some other reason than giving birth?? Too late at night for this.

Now that the time of day has improved.... so has the BS!

Here it is:

(and this may be almost original.... )

uh, what if Lyanna was in a pool of blood because Rheagar had run her through with the blade he was trying to turn into Lightbringer? What if she got Nissa'd ??? Then the blood wasn't from dying in childbirth, there'd be no extra baby in the mix, and the Aegon baby switch could have gone down as outlined: Ashara's --> "Aegon" ---> dead. Real Targ baby (Rhaenys')? --> "Jon" --> raised at Winterfell.

Edit: ah. of course Rheagar wasn't anywhere near there at the time, huh? So why hadn't she bled out in all that time they'd been apart. Oh well. So close to actually almost being something to consider! :bawl:

The *only* times that bed of blood or variants is used it refers to childbirth. (period)

He dreamt an old dream, of three knights in white cloaks, and a tower long fallen, and Lyanna in her bed of blood. (AGOT

Promise me, Ned, his sister had whispered from her bed of blood. She had loved the scent of winter roses (AGOT)

“Before,” Dany said to the ugly Lhazareen woman, “I heard you speak of birthing songs …”

“I know every secret of the bloody bed, Silver Lady, nor have I ever lost a babe,” Mirri Maz Duur replied. (AGOT)

“The Lamb Woman knows the secrets of the birthing bed,” Irri said. “She said so, I heard her.” (AGOT)

That was the way of this cold world, where men fished the sea and dug in the ground and died, whilst women brought forth short-lived children from beds of blood and pain. (Damphair, AFFC)

but not necessarily to live childbirth.

And Robert's death speaks specifically of his bed and his blood.

And yet, GRRM somehow manages to not describe it as a bloody bed. Strange.

But actually, there are parallels between that scene and what likely happened in the ToJ. GRRM even draws our attention to this.

“Serve the boar at my funeral feast,” Robert rasped. “Apple in its mouth, skin seared crisp. Eat the bastard. Don’t care if you choke on him. Promise me, Ned.”

“I promise.” Promise me, Ned, Lyanna’s voice echoed.

And later Ned promises to guard Robert's children as if they were his own. Which is probably quite similar to the promise he made to Lyanna regarding Jon. Both Robert and Lyanna lying in a bed of their own blood though, again, GRRM managed to not use any version of that phrase with the former. Plus the many uses of the word bastard during the Ned and Robert scene.

• 2 weeks later...

If Jon is a Targaryen he is so far the only known bastard who doesn't show any Targaryen features outside of Netty . Both Blood Raven and Sheira has hair coloring ,while Bitter Steel has purple eyes .

And except Rhaenys who looked Dornish.

If Jon is a Targaryen he is so far the only known bastard who doesn't show any Targaryen features outside of Netty . Both Blood Raven and Sheira has hair coloring ,while Bitter Steel has purple eyes .

And except Rhaenys who looked Dornish.

and Breakspear.

btw @BRANDON GREYSTARK why do you had to specify that you are talking about bastards? Do you think that there is something special about them? Maybe the ir looks are based on there birth status?

Archived