Ten things I love about you...

Jaime's Wench

:D

Let us not forget that he teaches all children a valuable lesson by demonstrating through Jeyne Poole what happens to little girls that call other girls "Horseface". Name calling is bad!

Amen to that. He also believes in love - losing Arya broke his heart and forced his hand. He loved Arya so damn much that when he married her, he was willing to overlook the simple fact that she wasn't actually Arya.

Amen to that. He also believes in love - losing Arya broke his heart and forced his hand. He loved Arya so damn much that when he married her, he was willing to overlook the simple fact that she wasn't actually Arya.

And all of this love, when he hadn't even met her yet! That kind of true devotion isn't found outside fairy tales - except in the arms of Ramsay, bless him.

Working on Cersei :D

There's actually some genuine reasons to at least like Cersei.

1. She loves Jaime

2. She loves her kids

3. She doesn't stand to be cuckolded by her bastard husband

4. She has a great sense of pride in her own worth and her legacy

5. She's brave

6. She does show at least some piety in particular scenes (well, she did, until she decides to hump her brother on the altar)

7. She does 95% of her WoS with her head held high

8. She has fought tooth and nail against a god-awful prophecy

9. She's Jaime's twin. Even if we haven't seen it, she must have *some* of his and Joanna's good qualities.

10. She gives as good as she gets. e.g. when Stannis sends out those inflammatory pamphlets about her and Jaime, she makes up an equally awful rumour around Patchface and Selyse.

Walder Frey -

1) Big believer in family, and lots of it.

2) Doesn't believe he and his family should be mired in "tradition" and "custom" - if he wants to kill someone, he will damn right do it.

3) Releases his inner child - 'wins' the RW by saying "mayhaps" like in Big/Little Walders game.

4) Military genius but is mistaken as a 'coward' - he knows the right time to strike.

5) Interested in undoing the work of traitors to the Iron Throne, basically the James Bond of the Seven Kingdoms.

6) His name inspires such heroism that around 57.9% of the entire Frey family is called Walder/Walda.

7) Clever in his political marriages - Fat Walda and also marries into the Lannisters.

8) Loves animals big and small, and doesn't care if they aren't the scariest or bravest. In fact he loves weasals so much his mother mated with one to provide the characteristic Frey look.

9) Isn't racist - "Black Walder"

10) Hasn't retired even at the age of 90, an icon for the pensioners who lazily do nothing.

It's amazing how there is nobody who likes Daenerys. Okay, she's taking a long time reaching Westeros, but when she does, i'm sure it will be worth it! Pretty much all people on these forums don't like her because she's making bad decisions and etc, but look at what she accomplished so far:

Astapor - Used her intelligence to figure out a way to get the Unsullied for free, and sacked the city with them. Freed the slaves.

Yunkai - Sacked the city and freed the slaves.

Meereen - Took control over the city when everybody thought it would be impossible. Freed the slaves. Ruled.

She's a born conqueror, don't you see? I don't know about you, but the image of Daenerys Targaryen surrounded by an army, hundreds of ships arriving at Kings Landing on a rainy night carrying Targaryen banners... people in the city waking up with the sound of the bells, screams outside about targaryen flags sighted at the distance... loud roars echoing through the mist... people running scared of monsters, wondering if the end began... That's my dream! Oh well, that's probably not gonna happen. But still, can't believe there are people whose favourite character is ramsay snow or walder frey, when true conquerors are still out there.

Euron Greyjoy

1)Tries to show his brother what a treacherous harlot his wife is by taking one for the team and accepting her advances.

2) He knows how nefarious the warlocks of Qarth are, and keeps them enslaved to prevent them from rampaging across the world.

3) Fights against the ill treatment that bastards in Westeros receive by forcing the Hewett's to serve, just as Lord Hewett's bastard daughter once had to do.

4) He is aware of the discomfort that his eye causes people, so he covers it out of consideration for their feelings.

5) Realizes that hallucinogens like shade of the evening are too dangerous to be abroad in the world, and so takes it upon himself to drink all that he has, to keep it out of the hands of others.

6) As Euron himself notes, there is no man more godly than he.

7) Hears rumors of Daenerys being surrounded by scumbags like Hizdahr and Daario, so he sends his dearly beloved brother on a mission to bring her back to him. All for her safety and well being.

8) Unlike most Westerosi lords, who send their bastards away, Euron keeps them aboard his ship so they may learn by watching him and make something of themselves.

9) Euron returned the day Balon died because he had heard a prophecy that Balon was going to fall off that bridge, and he hurried back to try to be in the vicinity to pick him up from the ocean in the Silence.

10) As a child, Euron tried to cure Aeron of his irrational fear of door hinges. He only succeeded in making it worse.

She's a born conqueror, don't you see? I don't know about you, but the image of Daenerys Targaryen surrounded by an army, hundreds of ships arriving at Kings Landing on a rainy night carrying Targaryen banners... people in the city waking up with the sound of the bells, screams outside about targaryen flags sighted at the distance... loud roars echoing through the mist... people running scared of monsters, wondering if the end began... That's my dream! Oh well, that's probably not gonna happen. But still, can't believe there are people whose favourite character is ramsay snow or walder frey, when true conquerors are still out there.

That would be an awesome scene! I'd love to see that! Dany is, indeed, a conqueror. She needs to learn to rule better, though, but she has a lot of potential. My dream for her is to rebuild Valyria.

(Welcome to the forum! by the way, those posts were in jest :P)

6) As Euron himself notes, there is no man more godly than he.

This is true. Actually, Euron travels in such an intimidating ship and terrorises people just to make them turn to the gods.

Lady Lyanna

1. A Stark

2. caused Roberts Rebellion(by being kidnapped)

3. made Ned Promise her something (The Huge DIrewolf/Dragon in the realm)

4.is Neds Sister

5. Was named the queen of beauty and love at the tourney of Harrenhall

6.Spent some time at the Tower of Joy

7. Made Cersie Jealous

8.Was kidnapped or ran off with the heir to the throne

9.Rhaegar Loved his Lady Lyanna

10. She was beautiful and and Ned thought t Ayra looks like her

Hmmm Ser Barristan Selmy aka Barristan the Bold

1. His loyalty, he did not betray his king nor his oath no matter what he witnessed.

2. His focus, he knew what his role was, protection of the King and the Royal Family.

3. His ability. The dude is the closest thing to a Navy Seal or Special Ops leader that we have in the story.

4. His passion, his love for Ashara Dayne, the woman he would have married.

5. He is the best, as Eddard said on TV, "My father said you're the best he's ever seen and I never knew him to be wrong regarding matters of combat."

6. Didn't beg for mercy when defeated on the Trident.

7. Told Joffrey where to stick it. He left in fury and instead of becoming a hostage or a corpse he fled and went to help Daenarys.

8. He saved Daenarys from an assassin.

9. He told her the truth in bits and pieces and eventually may tell her the whole truth about her father and his "madness."

10. His Loyalty to Daenarys and her cause in Mereen. He is the only thing that has gone right for her in Slaver's Bay.

You can't do a 10 things about Barristan post without this.

''Me. Try me. Over here. Me!''

Even though Arya's my favorite I'll make a list for Jaime

1. The Bear Pit

2. Pia

3. Oathkeeper

4. Kingslaying

5. Burning Cersei's Letter

6. Vocalizing everyone's disgust with the current members of the King's Guard in one brutal swipe

7. Expressing pleasure in using Frey's as cannon fodder

8. Growing a badass mourning beard like the Romans

9. Freeing and coming clean to Tyrion

10. Disobeying Tywin during their last (living) conversation

Dolorous Edd

1. The glass isn't half-empty, it IS empty, kind of guy.

2. Survived so much turmoil that's most likely about a prophecy he has nothing to do with, and keeps his dark humor.

3. His humor.

4. Probably Jon's best friend/closest ally circa Samwell leaving.

5. The block fetcher.

6. From the Vale

7. We have very similar personalities.

8. Pro Steward

9. Next LC of the Night's Watch (one vote is all he needs at this point)

10. AAR (it is known)

And honestly, we don't know much about him. Like why he's at the wall, how old he is, ect. Unless I totally missed a conversation somewhere.

Pretty Meris

1. She's "pretty"

2. Meris is an awesome name

3. Even for a sellsword, she's really hard

4. I'm curious about what she was like before all her awful experiences - how did she end up as part of the Tattered Prince's company?

5. She's the company torturer! See #3. Torturer's are always interesting - see Sayid on Lost.

6. It takes a dude getting his face burnt off by a dragon to freak her out. See #3.

7. She is the reference point for when things have gotten too intense - in ADWD, there is some line when they are in the pits about how things had gotten too gross "even for Pretty Meris" See #3 and #6

8. I don't think she has any ears. But she just keeps on keeping on.

9. She and Brown Ben Plumm would make a wack ass couple.

10. She serves as a useful counterpoint to Brienne.

Sweet, kind Cersei!

1. Does her best to save poor, deluded Margaery from the enslavement of queendom - is the a job in the Seven Kingdoms worse than being forced to wear beautiful clothes, eat sumptuous foods, and get anything you want?

2. She doesn't believe in letting a petty thing like the truth get in the way of her gloriousness

3. Peace is bad because it doesn't give people the opportunity to display their moral fibre, so Cersei takes it upon herself to give people that chance and starts a war by, as unsavory as she finds it, sleeping with tons and tons of attractive men

4. Cersei is the supporter of the underdog; after all, she helped not one, but two - two! - incest-bastards gain the throne, because she doesn't believe in being restricted by your birth

5. She helps Qyburn, and believes in stepping outside of the unfair boundaries imposed by society against torture

6. It is logical that Robert, as a large man, breathed more air than other people, so by organizing his death, Cersei saved the kingdom from a slow suffocation

7. Humor is a waste of time and money, and is bankrupting the kingdom, so Cersei, as a considerate, thoughtful regent, does her very best to get rid of Tyrion

8. Ned was walking around King's Landing, which was further damaging his injured leg - by putting him in the dungeon, Cersei was only looking out for his health

9. Direwolves scare horses, horses pull plows, plows make crops - Cersei, like her son, has helped her country become more prepared for winter by killing Lady

10. Cersei doesn't believe that a simple thing like excruciating death should deny a man like Gregor the right to fight for his beautiful, kind, wonderful queen, because zombies should have opportunities too

The Crow's Eye, everything you said about Euron is true. This paragon of virtue and godliness is judged too harshly! He doesn't just deserve to be king - he deserves to be High Septon, head of the faith of the Drowned God, and chosen of R'hllor!

And Gregor! That man never gives up, and won't be restricted even by death. He's an inspiration for the workers of the world, and shames the lazy with his persistence. Bravo, Gregor. Bravo.

Balon Greyjoy

1. had lot of tittles and nicknames.

2. learn from his mistakes. (choose a more vulnerable opponent second time)

3. raise Asha as his heir.

4. No man give me a crown. I pay the Iron price. I will take my crown.

5. this quote should be enough in itself, but Balon prove his words (without any alliance) and become a king.

6. Died because of his brother( Baratheons, Lannisters, Stark all have reason to kill him, but they all fail).

7. His death led to entry of more awesome Greyjoy brothers.

8. Victarion believes in him.

9. He loved his god so much that his death could not separate him from his God.

10. Died in a funny way.

Living in the basement-dungeon and being rejected by his maester peers means Qyburn is a role model for nerdy people like me - besides, maesters are like the Spanish Inquisition, and need to learn to respect new ways of thinking that may or may not involve sharp objects and lurking around the dungeons in the dead of night; Qyburn is a free-thinking individual in a closeted world

He's basically the Steve Jobs of Westeros!

Ramsay 'Bastard' Bolton/Snow

1) He doesn't like people swearing so legitimises himself to stop them saying the word 'Bastard' - always thinking about the children.

2) He's good at making friends - a la Reek.

3) He remembers his friends and mourns them after they die - a la Reek.

4) He believes in animal right by treating them the same way he treats humans.

5) Ignores people's unpleasantries in favour of friendship - a la Reek.

6) Believes in the importance of being able to rise above your birth - a hero for the working man.

7) Amasses an army to protect his father's lands when he goes to war.

8) Appears to be literate and very capable of letter writing - link to point 6) where he is bettering his baseborn nature.

9) Very interested in uncovering lies and treasons such as the Mance cover-up.

10) Immortalises all of his past lovers so as to never forget their love.

11) Doesn't discriminate people basing on their appearance or their smell. He was the only one to befriend the stinky kid- à la Reek

It is logical that Robert, as a large man, breathed more air than other people, so by organizing his death, Cersei saved the kingdom from a slow suffocation

Considering his diet, it's also logical to assume that Robert farted a lot.

By removing this source of gas in the atmosphere, she probably helped to stop global warming and helped the environment.

Archived