Immediate reaction to Jon's assassination

Commander Jon Snow

What does everyone think happens right after Jon is stabbed? I doubt Tormund and the wildings will pleased as Jon was the one keeping peace. So Civil War? Selyse's men take the wildings out? What about Melissandre? She seems to be fond of Jon and I'm not sure how Bowen Marsh and company are gonna stop from being burned alived

Tormund and the wildlings will want revenge on Jon's killers. They will attack Marsh and co if they find out they are responsible.

But, what will the watch do? Personally I think there is a good chance if they see wildlings attacking watchmen they'll be fighting for Marsh. They'll be split as regards the justice and wisdom of killing Jon but I don't think the NW will be out as one to avenge him, especially as they will have little to no time to process what has happened. If Bowen is smart Yarwyck will have to gone to assume command of the garrison and disassociate himself from the assassination attempt and will try to take CB back from Tormund. Everything will happen very fast and most people won't know what's going on so this shouldn't be too hard.

Selyse's men have no real reason to ally with Marsh and the NW but they are so suspicious of the wildlings they probably will. The attack on Ser Patrick will just cement this so they'll probably be fighting the wildlings.

In the chaos and confusion people will be following their gut reactions and I think wildlings won't be making distinctions between 'crows' loyal to Jon and vice versa.

There are 50 men loyal to Selyse at CB. Maybe 700 or so wildling warriors. The NW is about 300 strong at CB. The Flint and Norrey might have left some men there.

Just guessing They'll probably be some more killings of wildlings and men loyal to Jon.

The other wildlings will then either be imprisoned or escape to probably be by Jon (undead or otherwise ). Then he'll either use them to go after Ramsay or try to get revenge on Brutus... I mean Marsh.

Or the NW will force the Wildlings to fall in line probably with hostages and Jon will either go beyond the Wall or go after Ramsay.

I can't see Melisandre defending or avenging Jon because she needs the NW to support her. She might bring Jon back to life secretly but she's not going to kill Marsh or the others I don't think.

Lots of angry wildlings and Tormund going "DA FUUUCK?!" and really kicking a lot of Night's Watch ass! And thats not even counting Wun Wun. Also a very angry Ghost who may or may not be Jon warged. Bloody massacre and battle ensues. I really cant imagine anyone just going "well hell.." and walking away from this.

Yeah...a few inches from the stabbing....there was this big-baddass-injured and completely pissed of giant swinging a guy like if he was a baseball bat....can't imagine he will be very happy about what happened to the guy that stood up for him....

Edit: ohh crap and I did forget that cute furry stuffed animal in Jon's room....

Tormund and the wildlings with him will rush to help Jon along with a few black brothers. If Jon's assassination was planned like Dany's was then Marsh could have reminded the wildlings that he has control over the hostages, the children of the wildling leaders.

Self-appointed LC Marsh may be more accommodating to Selyse's desires, and she may say that as long as she approves he is the LC.

A bloodbath. Surviving black brothers on other castles will abandon the Wall for good, and no notice of this will ever reach Stannis, who will die trying to fall back to the Wall to find it deserted. The Others will attack then, and Azor Ahai will turn out to be Roose Bolton. Also, every other character turns out to be secret Targaryens, including the Others. Since kinslaying is a great sin in the eyes of all the gods, the Doom of Westeros ensues. THe only true god turns out to be Patchface.

I think I just cracked ALL the pots.

Does GRRM tell the story immediately after the assassination or some time afterwards and we get a recalling of the event. Plus- WHO tells the story, who's POV? There won't be any new ones supposedly, so which character is left? Mellisandre? Jon? UnJon? UnJonGhost?

:dunno:

I think it will be Melisandre who's POV will tell the tale. I think thats part of the reason why she had a POV chapter to begin with. To introduce the reader to who she is as a person and set her up for series of POV chapters later. Thats just my guess though.

If we have the Jon warged Ghost deal going on, we will probably see chapters titled something like "The Snow Wolf" or some junk. I have a feeling if JonGhost is a thing, we will get a POV or two of that.

A bloodbath. Surviving black brothers on other castles will abandon the Wall for good, and no notice of this will ever reach Stannis, who will die trying to fall back to the Wall to find it deserted. The Others will attack then, and Azor Ahai will turn out to be Roose Bolton. Also, every other character turns out to be secret Targaryens, including the Others. Since kinslaying is a great sin in the eyes of all the gods, the Doom of Westeros ensues. THe only true god turns out to be Patchface.

I think I just cracked ALL the pots.

Thats the secret.....It will be revealed that everyone including the others and children of the forest is a secret Targaryn and since no one wants to be a Kinslayer they all stop fighting. They realise their are no more Kings, ladies, or lords and they all form the Peoples Collective of Westeros under one giant Red targayn flag.

Thats the secret.....It will be revealed that everyone including the others and children of the forest is a secret Targaryn and since no one wants to be a Kinslayer they all stop fighting. They realise their are no more Kings, ladies, or lords and they all form the Peoples Collective of Westeros under one giant Red targayn flag.

:commie: :commie: :commie:

Archived