Board Issues 2

Xray the Enforcer

Me too. Either that or everyone is ignoring me - not that I'm paranoid or anything... :wideeyed:

Sparks, you're virtually a goddess... Or a virtual goddess? Both? :)

Lol, thats what I thought too, but that doesn't seem to be the case, er that is I haven't had my notifications turned off to my knowledge. :)

Of ALL the websites that "Crapcast," (god, I wish we could get FIOS here), would decide to blacklist, why would it be this one when the only "intellectual" entertainment they choose to highlight is yet another mugshot of Lindsey Lohan??!! :bang: :tantrum:

Yay! Got Comcast sorted. Unfortunately, we're also now blocked by AOL/AIM.com, and that process is ridiculously complex compared to any others, and *may* have to involve the datacenter we're hosted in... so I don't know when I'll get around to getting us cleared out of the AOL block :(

Saturday night I thought for sure the Board was going down, because when I was reading threads and would try to go to the next page I'd get the 500 error. Or if I clicked on a new thread, I'd get it, or when I was looking for a thread that was on page 3 or 4 of the Gen Chat list, as I clicked on 'next' I'd get the 500 error. Also, when I tried to open messages.

Was something going at at 7.00 pm EST?

And just now, when I tried to click on the preview button of a thread, it kept going to page one of the thread. Then, when I clicked on the most recent post shown, I got a white page and whatever it's called, the symbol that shows something was trying to oipen, was just spinning and spinning.

Right now, the server's under something of a load; someone's hitting the forum's URLs with a bunch of malformed requests. Basically one of those 'oh, here's a forum/wiki/whatever, let's see if any of these automated exploits works to take control and use the place for spam' scripts. Unfortunately, due to everything being passed through CloudFlare, the mangled requests are *really* getting mangled, to the point that Varnish passes them to lighttpd, which goes 'WTF dude no' and then tosses back a 500 Server Error... which pollutes the Varnish cache. It should clear up in a little while; these sort of scripted attacks usually only last about 10-15 minutes at a time.

I wasn't watching anything at 7pm Eastern yesterday, but there's a decent chance that it was another situation like this.

Hi. I am not sure where to stick this. Every so often, seemingly randomly, my antivirus software (Trend Micro) insists that this site is full of malicious viruses. The last time it happened was day before yesterday. I closed it, opened the site again and my antivirus did not complain. I know a couple of months ago there was an issue there which lasted for a few weeks, but that was consistent. This is sporadic and random, ongoing, for a few weeks.

If it matters or helps at all, I come here most often on Firefox's browser. I have Windows as an operating system.

Hai guys.

Not sure if its just me netbook being weird and hitting the post button one too many times or some junk, but ive been getting a ton of double post issues lately. Poor mods end up having to deal with Florina's reports of double posts. (sooorryy) So maybe its on my end or maybe its not. I dunno. I have noticed a couple of other double posts too.

Its even weirder, because i will post and it looks like i actually quad posted. There will be four posts instead of 1 and then the page refreshes and its two posts instead of 1. wut. So yeah... Theres no posting lag usually either. *twilight zone music*

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived