NFL 2012 Week 8 and onwards: Manning rising

trickster

WIth great power comes great responsibility. If you are going to start the thread, try to have a clue about it.

We search for these things, sometimes weeks, months or years from now. Be search friendly. Indicate the year. Indicate the weeks.

WIth great power comes great responsibility. If you are going to start the thread, try to have a clue about it.

We search for these things, sometimes weeks, months or years from now. Be search friendly. Indicate the year. Indicate the weeks.

I am SPIDERMAN.

Seriously, how do you edit the title?

You do realize that only one out of the last 5 threads have had the year in it right?

Midseason predictions:

NFC:

1. Atlanta (13-3)

2. San Francisco (12-4)

3. Green Bay (11-5)*

4. NYG (10-6)

5. Chicago (11-5)

6. Seattle (9-7)

*Green Bay wins the tiebreaker going 2-0 head-to-head vs Chicago.

AFC:

1. Houston (13-3)

2. New England (11-5)**

3. Denver (11-5)**

4. Baltimore (11-5)**

5. Miami (9-7)

6. Pittsburgh (9-7)

**I have no idea how the tiebreakers between New England, Denver, and Baltimore will shake out; Baltimore beat New England, New England beat Denver, but I think Denver will beat Baltimore in week 15. I think divisional record comes next, and New England will likely be 5-1 at the least.

MVP: Matt Ryan

DPOY: JJ Watt

OROY: Robert Griffin III

DROY: I'll get back to you.

Super Bowl: Houston vs. Green Bay

#1 Overall Pick: Jacksonville. Kansas City will give them a run for their money, but they actually do have talent buried on that roster. Jacksonville has a gimpy MJD and a tougher division.

Explain to me why you're allowing three Atlanta losses. Are you a Mercury Morris sock-puppet?

seems very reasonable. 12-4 might even be more likely. there's a lot of losable games on atlanta's remaining schedule.

atl beat denver before peyton was in sync and philly after they fired the coordinator that was coaching the good part of their team. inbetween they faced oakland washington carolina KC and san diego

i think they will find the second half much tougher. three road division games, dallas the giants. even detroit are tougher than what they have faced so far.

I wasn't being serious. I just hate Mercury Morris.

ah well, it seems an especially cruel insult then

i think overall those playoff teams seem about right, but i'd wager that at least one afc wildcard is 8-8. seems like pittsburgh shouldn't be an afc team but can't pick another afc team that should be.

and i think tampa is eying seattle's spot pretty strongly

I think the Giants win the next two (Pittsburgh, @ Cincinnati), go into the bye feeling good at 8-2, then suffer their annual midseason swoon (i.e., they start losing a few close games against difficult opponents). Three straight losses to Green Bay, @ Washington, plus their annual blowout to the Saints (very bad matchup for them) lead to the scheduled headlines calling for Coughlin's firing. They win a close one @Atlanta, lose a close one @Baltimore, then win in Philly to finish at 10-6.

I think the Giants win the next two (Pittsburgh, @ Cincinnati), go into the bye feeling good at 8-2, then suffer their annual midseason swoon (i.e., they start losing a few close games against difficult opponents). Three straight losses to Green Bay, @ Washington, plus their annual blowout to the Saints (very bad matchup for them) lead to the scheduled headlines calling for Coughlin's firing. They win a close one @Atlanta, lose a close one @Baltimore, then win in Philly to finish at 10-6.

I don't know. Pittsburgh is coming around and Cincinnati could be reeling from 4 straight losses. I think the Giants should win those games but it wouldn't surprise me if they lose one or both.

I don't generally post in these threads. I'm not such a hard-core fan as the regulars here. I'm a Giants fan from my time in NY/NJ, and I manage to care a little about the Bears and Packers as my local teams now.

It's always nice to see the Giants beat the Cowboys but they pretty much dominated us again in most of open play. Their defensive line was very good, Witten and Austin were both very reliable receivers. Giants zone coverage gave up a lot between zones and then we struggled so much with the run that the receivers were heavily covered. Also, it seems like injuries and trades have thinned out our receivers after Cruz. Thankfully the Cowboys are still pursuing some emo teenage girl self-harming which I assume is a plea for attention of some sort. That fingertip out of bounds was almost as funny as Romo fumbling the hold for what would have been a game-winning.field goal against the Seahawks in the playoffs all those years ago.

I know Bradshaw had a 200 yard game just recently, and I know the Giants blew out the 49ers in SF, but I'm concerned that we don't have enough from our running game and the passing game can go cold for long stretches. I wish our offensive line was as good as our defensive line.

Chicago got to 6-1 even after Grantland jinxed them by calling them the best team in the NFL this season. It's nice to see them do well but I cannot see them going deep in the playoffs with Cutler especially (not a top tier QB IMO), that offensive line nor those receivers. Forte, Hester and a good defense will only get you so far.

Archived