Do people think a Stark on the Iron Throne likely?

JaegrM

I'm including Jon Snow as a Stark when I ask this.

It barely crossed my mind that this was even remotely likely, but reading some things on this forum I've seen it mentioned that It's a forgone conclusion, particularly Jon or Sansa,

It seems to me that it goes against the entire Stark mentality to rule over the 7 kingdoms.

This is also why I don't believe that Sansa is the one prophesied to bring down Cersei.

I guess what I'm asking is, am I in the minority on this?

And If I am, what makes people think it would happen?

There has never been a claimant to the throne without official Targaryen heritage (Joffrey, Tommen and Myrcella don't count because they're "officially" Baratheons and therefore have Targaryen ancestry). The only Stark who could therefore claim the Iron Throne would be Jon Snow, if R+L=J.

Sansa is a very unlikely candidate, as she has absolutely no claim to the throne. I think most readers expecting her to be Queen assume she'll be the Queen in the North.

Sansa is a very unlikely candidate, as she has absolutely no claim to the throne. I think most readers expecting her to be Queen assume she'll be the Queen in the North.

I wasn't trying to say that the Starks seem to be suggested as King/Queen of the 7 Kingdoms is more prevalent than one of them being King/Queen of The North, but it seems like it's mentioned much more than I would have thought.

I wasn't trying to say that the Starks seem to be suggested as King/Queen of the 7 Kingdoms is more prevalent than one of them being King/Queen of The North, but it seems like it's mentioned much more than I would have thought.

King in the North is far more plausible, I think. Perhaps Rickon, or Jon (I have seen it suggested that he is legitimized as Lord of WF and never finds out about his parentage.)

No, I don't think it likely that a Stark will end up on the Iron Throne if there is an Iron Throne still left at the end of the series. I don't think it likely that the remaining Starks will want to end up on the Iron Throne. Sansa does not want it (nor does she have a claim to it), Jon hasn't even thought about it, Arya definitely not, Bran hasn't thought about it, and Rickon is six so too young to tell what he would want.

I rarely even see this idea tossed around and I'll be honest, it's usually those who think the R+L=J theory is only there to serve Jon the Iron Throne. I can see how some might make that connection, but frankly it's not a good conclusion to make. The only other time I've seen people tossing out a Stark in relation to the Iron Throne are 'shipping' threads where they assume Sansa is going to become Queen Consort for Aegon or Harry the Heir or they mistakenly believe she has claims and support in her own right to enough regions of Westeros to create her own kingdom. It's wishful thinking.

No, I don't think it likely that a Stark will end up on the Iron Throne if there is an Iron Throne still left at the end of the series. I don't think it likely that the remaining Starks will want to end up on the Iron Throne. Sansa does not want it (nor does she have a claim to it), Jon hasn't even thought about it, Arya definitely not, Bran hasn't thought about it, and Rickon is six so too young to tell what he would want.

I rarely even see this idea tossed around and I'll be honest, it's usually those who think the R+L=J theory is only there to serve Jon the Iron Throne. I can see how some might make that connection, but frankly it's not a good conclusion to make. The only other time I've seen people tossing out a Stark in relation to the Iron Throne are 'shipping' threads where they assume Sansa is going to become Queen Consort for Aegon or Harry the Heir or they mistakenly believe she has claims and support in her own right to enough regions of Westeros to create her own kingdom. It's wishful thinking.

This.

I would be very surprised if there's any sort of throne left at all once the WW threat is vanquished. One person shouldn't have so much power,. I think Volantis' system of Triarch's is something that could be used. Jon, Dany and fAegon ruling together maybe? Possibly yearly elections with other people ruling.

Archived