Biggest lie and/or dishonorable act by a mostly "good" character?

JaegrM

In your opinion....

I already know know all characters can be considered grey....

That being said...

I don't mean characters like Theon or Bolton where they started out 'good' and are presently neutral or 'bad'.

IMO if Robb didn't let know Bolton and his troops know that they were marching to failure when he used them as a distraction for Tywin.

I'd say when Robb married Jane, BUT supposedly he married her after bedding her to save her honor, which IMO is an honorable act.

I think that-for me-it's a tie between Jon switching Mance's babe with Gilly's and Dany continuing to use Irri as a human vibrator.

Our heroes, ladies and gentlemen.

Jon lied, but I think it was a noble lie.

Irri seems quite happy to act as Dany's concubine. I think if she said "no" Dany wouldn't force her.

I think that-for me-it's a tie between Jon switching Mance's babe with Gilly's and Dany continuing to use Irri as a human vibrator.

Our heroes, ladies and gentlemen.

This is true....

Dick move on his part.

But I meant more of a thing where it was for personal gain, or a betrayal.

I don't see the Irri thing fitting at all

It was cruel-why should Mel believe that it is Gilly's babe and not Mance's that was left with Val-all he has ensured is that, most likely, his friend's son will be spared.

Irri seems quite happy to act as Dany's concubine. I think if she said "no" Dany wouldn't force her.

It is the severe difference in authority that is offputting-how much is Irri actually able to consent, considering that Dany was first her owner and then, her queen?

Bran should never have warged Hodor. Humans shouldn't warg humans.

Forgot this one.

how much is Irri actually able to consent, considering that Dany was first her owner and then, her queen?

I'm not sure that any of Dany's Dothraki really understand that the distinction. I think as far as Irri's concerned she's still Dany's slave. Dothraki customs are so bizarre they just don't really fit with anyone else sense of morality. For them losing a battle means that you and you're people deserve slavery.

So while Dany may think Irri can say no and Dany would be fine with it (though i'm not sure about this either) I don't really think Irri thinks she can say no.

Shae wasn't a "good" character

I also agree that she isn't a "good" character. I wonder how they're gonna play that on the show. To me, Shae of the books was childish and a bit petty. Shae of the show seems to genuinely like Tyrion and there's also some stong mutual affection there.

Although she was still dreaming of knights and did not know what she was doing, I guess Sansa spilling the beans of her father's plans was "dishonorable."

Jon gambled, hoping that Mel has no use for a boy with no 'royal blood'. But the fact that he gambled using the child's life means that he was willing to risk losing it.

And Dany is the type to take what she wants.

Jon gambled, hoping that Mel has no use for a boy with no 'royal blood'. But the fact that he gambled using the child's life means that he was willing to risk losing it.

And Dany is the type to take what she wants.

Jon had two options: 1.) Allow a baby to be sacrificed by some power-hungry witch, 2.) Get the baby away and hope she has no use for the other one. I doubt Jon would allow Gilly's babe to be killed, I'm pretty sure the entire point was to keep the secret until Mel wanted to sacrifice him, then tell her about the deception.

And I doubt Dany would rape Irri if thats what youre implying.

Archived