Biggest lie and/or dishonorable act by a mostly "good" character?

JaegrM

Regarding my first post-

Did Robb let Bolton know he was heading to act as a distraction/loss?

I know the show completely changed that but Robb didn't set up the infantry to fail. He gave Roose the bulk of the army and he gave command to Roose because he wanted a cautious leader that wouldn't waste northern lives. Two things to remember, Robb wanted the army kept safe because they were what stood between Tywin and the north other than the few archers he left in Moat Cailin and he set off Lord Bolton to confront, not attack, the Lannister army.

Roose chose to do what he did, Robb didn't order it.

I am not saying that Dany raped Irri, I am saying that as someone who is obviously the superior in both status and authority, it is not right to assume that Irri's lack of a "no" is a "yes", especially when socially the handmaiden has no way of actually withholding consent, seeing as one cannot refuse a Queen Regnant, just as one cannot refuse a king.

Well up until that point there was not much evidence stating that she was in fact "evil"

For the way how she treat Lolly's it was clear she was a BITCH, I don't remember the exact words, but she says something like "all they did was raped her". A person who said something like that about a woman who has been raped for tens of mens is "evil" to me (I know she's a grey character, but a very, very dark grey to me)

For the way how she treat Lolly's it was clear she was a BITCH, I don't remember the exact words, but she says something like "all they did was raped her". A person who said something like that about a woman who has been raped for tens of mens is "evil" to me (I know she's a grey character, but a very, very dark grey to me)

See, Shae's attitude is rather disturbing to me for a slightly different reason: "All they did was rape her.." suggests the unspoken "I know what it feels like, have suffered it often, and yet you don't see me making a fuss".

Hoster Tully is a good character but he did force Lysa to abort her baby with LF. That was wrong and cruel and he is partly responsible for Lysa's emotional downfall. He died and his final thoughts were about Lysa and her unborn child.

See, Shae's attitude is rather disturbing to me for a slightly different reason: "All they did was rape her.." suggests the unspoken "I know what it feels like, have suffered it often, and yet you don't see me making a fuss".

Maybe you're right, haven't see it that way. But still Shae dismiss the fact that being raped can be very traumatic to someone, and doesn't show any empathy at all toward Lolly

come along this is an easy one. ROBB STARKS BLATANT BETRAYAL OF HOUSE FREY. HE BROKE A SACRED PACT TO AN HONORABLE HOUSE. frey men fought and died valantly for this false king and for what? lies? deciet? hopefully him and his bloody wolf are howling down in one of the seven hells together were WE SENT THEM!.

Are you feeling refreshed after a few days away from trolling?

Though, yes, Robb did betray the Freys, they betrayed him more severely. Having said that they were never "good" anyway.

come along this is an easy one. ROBB STARKS BLATANT BETRAYAL OF HOUSE FREY. HE BROKE A SACRED PACT TO AN HONORABLE HOUSE. frey men fought and died valantly for this false king and for what? lies? deciet? hopefully him and his bloody wolf are howling down in one of the seven hells together were WE SENT THEM!.

I agree that Robb betraying the Frey was a dishonorable act. However the Freys are not exactly considered at all an honorable house. Walder Frey didn't earn the nick of Lord Late Frey for his honorable actions.

Maybe you're right, haven't see it that way. But still Shae dismiss the fact that being raped can be very traumatic to someone, and doesn't show any empathy at all toward Lolly

And that's what it makes it so very sad-she herself has been traumatised into callousness as a coping mechanism-"It's no big deal, I handled it just fine" is a lie people will sometimes use to minimise their trauma but in order to maintain it, one necessarily must apply it to others who have survived something similar.

“My father made me his kitchen wench,” she said, her mouth twisting. “That was why I ran off.”

“You told me you ran off because your father made you his whore,” he reminded her.

“That too. I didn’t like scouring his pots no more than I liked his cock in me.”

Shae isn't "good", but she's not bad. Tyrion paid her to act like she loves him but there was nothing wrong in the fact she didn't. When he got sentenced to death she understood the deal was off and made a new one with a guy that enjoyed f*cking his son's love.

And about Danny, the day after she apologized to Irri and Irri said it was honor to pleasure her queen.

The most dishonorable thing that was done by a good character in my opinion is defiantly Stannis killing Renly (come on, he totally knew what Mel was planning. How elese could he propose such terms to Renly that morning?).

I agree that Robb betraying the Frey was a dishonorable act. However the Freys are not exactly considered at all an honorable house. Walder Frey didn't earn the nick of Lord Late Frey for his honorable actions.

From a certain PoV, he did exactly this. He had two conflicting vows - one to the king and one to his liege lord. So he chose to stay mostly neutral.

And about Danny, the day after she apologized to Irri and Irri said it was honor to pleasure her queen.

But what could she have said? I also think because of Dothraki culture she's pretty much brainwashed into thinking she belongs to Dany. That doesn't mean it isn't wrong of Dany to do.

From a certain PoV, he did exactly this. He had two conflicting vows - one to the king and one to his liege lord. So he chose to stay mostly neutral.

So he's as honorable as Tywin Lannister. Technically their vow to their king supersedes their vow to their liege lord, so they should have fought for the crown.

Archived