Dealbreakers

Elder Sister

White socks are a complete and utter dealbreaker.

In fact, I am certain they are banned in several countries. Or they should be!

White socks are just stupid. It doesn't take more than a couple of days before they are so dirty that it shows through the sandals. Grey or black socks are much better.

As for the topic, insisting that we meet every single day is an absolute dealbreaker.

ES, you should try not to be so intolerant of this one - what a tragedy it would be, if you went through your whole life without ever experiencing a San Diego thank you. :crying:

Ugh, no. I had to look that phrase up. Thankfully, I was unaware of it up until now. :)

Ever since the last thread I've wondered about the horrors of flossing and the other the woman next to me at work flossed, at her work place, in fron of everyone! I failed to see what the big deal was. I didn't slap her or anything, was that wrong of me?

Edit: If I closed the toilet door entirely, my three year old would do a lot of her peeing on the floor, choices, choices.

I don't actively avoid certain traits, it always depends on the mix. But for dealing with me, irony and sarcasm are often dealbreakers: If a person doesn't like irony, sarcasm and dark humour they'll probably avoid me. If they endure my constant needling, then I have no problem with that...

Ever since the last thread I've wondered about the horrors of flossing and the other the woman next to me at work flossed, at her work place, in fron of everyone! I failed to see what the big deal was. I didn't slap her or anything, was that wrong of me?

Edit: If I closed the toilet door entirely, my three year old would do a lot of her peeing on the floor, choices, choices.

I work with a woman who flossed her teeth in the Denver Airport. I wanted to DIE.

I've tried to say that I don't have many deal breakers, but the truth is, if I was single I would have quite a few. Not about physical appearance but there are some things that I just know would end up driving me nuts.

- Super religious. I don't have a problem with someone believing in God or anything, but if you are really into going to church and reading the bible I can't deal with it. And this goes both ways, if someone really believes in their religion, I'm sure I will end up offending them. Besides, my two favorite swears are goddamn and Jesus Christ.

-Socially conservative. If you truly think that gay marriage is evil, yeah, I don't want to know you.

-Lack of critical thinking skills. If you really think that Obama is a Nazi or is Kenyan that proves to me that you are an idiot. I'm not expecting anyone to be a genius but at least question things and have some ability to think for yourself.

-Someone with no taste. I know taste can be relative, but there are some clear examples and I think a current one would be a Nickleback fan. I'm sorry, I would have no respect for you. Yes, I realize this makes me sound elitist, and in this case, I don't care.

Someone who doesn't like "The Holy Grail" is going to be a possible dealbreaker for me.

If you can't laugh at Tim the Enchanter and his outrageous accent something is seriously wrong with you.

Someone who doesn't like "The Holy Grail" is going to be a possible dealbreaker for me.

If you can't laugh at Tim the Enchanter and his outrageous accent something is seriously wrong with you.

Imagine dating someone who has never heard of the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch!!!??

I'm trying to think of how many deal-breakers I can string together at once.

I guess if I took a shit with the door open, while wearing nothing but white socks, with a toothpick in my mouth, yelling about how much I think Monty Python sucks... would that about do it for everyone so far?

I guess if I took a shit with the door open, while wearing nothing but white socks, with a toothpick in my mouth, yelling about how much I think Monty Python sucks... would that about do it for everyone so far?

It's not outside the realm of possibility that ive done this before.

I'm trying to think of how many deal-breakers I can string together at once.

I wouldn't care as long as you weren't listening to Nickleback or hating gays while you did it.

Archived