Favourite characters

Aelos

Many discussions are dominating this forum and everytime I try to follow one, this or that's pretender's fanclub is mentioned... Wich raised the question wich character from the aSoIaF character is considered as their favourite by most readers.

Mine, as my signature suggests, is 'Prince Aemon the Dragonknight'. Although being dead long before the start of the books, he is always credited as a 'True knight' and his story is most tragic.

If you are not familiar with the 'Knight of Tears' I've copy/pasted the link to his awoiaf page: http://awoiaf.wester...he_Dragonknight

Who is your favourite aSoIaF character?

My favorite characters (as far as interesting and love to read about them) are Roose Bolton, Oberyn Martell, Bloodraven and Theon, I liked Dany w/the Dothraki but not since.

My favorite characters (as in, I'd like them to succeed) are Jaime, Tyrion, Jon (Ghost!!), Arya and Davos.

I mean, I think it depends how one defines favorite.

With 'favourite' I mean 'If you had to choose, wich (single) character do you like the most?'

I can say as a Targaryen supporter that I'd hope Aegon is real and will succeed (the same with Dany) but If I had to choose one character who's story I like the most, It'll be Aemon.

With 'favourite' I mean 'If you had to choose, wich (single) character do you like the most?'

I can say as a Targaryen supporter that I'd hope Aegon is real and will succeed (the same with Dany) but If I had to choose one character who's story I like the most, It'll be Aemon.

Ugh, just one? Impossible ;-)

Ummm... ok, it's gotta be Jaime then. (Or Roose lol).

Jon Snow.

What he did to help Sam was absolutely classy and absolutely the right thing to do. That right there shows what a great leader he would be if he ever sits the Iron Throne. Out of all of the Lords in the series he is the one I would want to fight for. Eddard was close, but I think Jon has the perfect combination of compassion and justice.

Jon Snow.

What he did to help Sam was absolutely classy and absolutely the right thing to do. That right there shows what a great leader he would be if he ever sits the Iron Throne. Out of all of the Lords in the series he is the one I would want to fight for. Eddard was close, but I think Jon has the perfect combination of compassion and justice.

:agree:

Jon is my favorite as well, as he is a diamond in the ruff.

In the Tales of Dunk and Egg, my favorite character is Jon's prototype, Baelor Breakspear.

Similarities between the two:

Defended innocent people (Dunk and Sam)

Don't look like Targaryen princes, but human beings with lived in character

Models of warrior-statesmen

Insisted on hostages from enemies (Blackfyre supporters and wildlings), avoiding flare- ups

Try to reform institutions they work in

my favorite character is Jon's prototype, Baelor Breakspear.

Similarities between the two:

Defended innocent people (Dunk and Sam)

Bealor Breakspear is also high on my own list, but somehow I've never linked him to Jon Snow. An interesting thing I'll keep in mind while reading about Jon's future exploits.

“Lord Stark,” Jon said. It was strange to hear him call Father that, so formal. Bran looked at him with desperate hope. “There are five pups,” he told Father. “Three male, two female.”

“What of it, Jon?”

“You have five trueborn children,” Jon said. “Three sons, two daughters. The direwolf is the sigil of your House. Your children were meant to have these pups, my lord.”

Bran saw his father’s face change, saw the other men exchange glances. He loved Jon with all his heart at that moment. Even at seven, Bran understood what his brother had done. The count had come right only because Jon had omitted himself. He had included the girls, included even Rickon, the baby, but not the bastard who bore the surname Snow, the name that custom decreed be given to all those in the north unlucky enough to be born with no name of their own.

Their father understood as well. “You want no pup for yourself, Jon?” he asked softly.

“The direwolf graces the banners of House Stark,” Jon pointed out. “I am no Stark, Father.”

Five books in and thats still probably my favorite passage overall and the one that sticks with me the most for some reason so I guess if I had a favorite it would be Jon Snow.

Sandor is my favorite character. He's an incredibly complex antihero struggling with his moral compass. And I love that such a fearsome warrior does the best he can to do right by two young Stark girls.

ETA: Arya and Jaime are high on my list. I love Tyrion in the first three books, but he lost me in ADwD.

choosing just 1 character? impossible! it's the interraction between them that makes the story interesting... Jon and Sam, Davos and Stannis, Sansa/Arya and the Hound, Rob and his bannermen (the King in the North!), Dany and Jorah, Cersei and Tyrion, Tyrion and his father, Arya and Gendry, Brienne and Jaime... and many many many more!

Archived