Heresy 33

Black Crow

Ugh.....yeah I know I'm being baited into a stupid argument here but here goes: The 'Identity' of the gate is still being discussed on this page, like I said I skipped pages 11-14 so I can only assume that since its still being discussed it has been discussed for 5 pages, I was responding to the specific piece of "evidence" that started the discussion of "who" the Black Gate is...to reiterate my opinion: Its just a Gate, there's obviously some consciousness inhabiting it but that doesn't mean it's the NK or even any individual, the weirnet is a complex multiconscious system which incorporates multiple poeple, trees, animals, yada yada....so the Gate doesn't have to be any individual.

But yeah I totally should've checked with you to get approval on my topic choice before posting, how inconsiderate of me to ignore the King of Discussion Direction.....

Did your feelings get hurt too? Me too, but I got over it. :grouphug:

Are you thinking the Gate is like the weirwood faces carved into the trees? We haven't seen any of them talk yet.

so the Gate doesn't have to be any individual.

Of course not. Three Eyed Crow didn't need to be anyone we knew either. These stories keep popping up it ties the world together and makes it more interesting. So no, the gate does not have to be anyone in particular, or even a person, but it just might be.

But yeah I totally should've checked with you to get approval on my topic choice before posting, how inconsiderate of me to ignore the King of Discussion Direction.....

We're havin' fun in here. What is the problem?

They think their greenseers are gods. They instruct Bran not to call back the dead, so they must understand that he probably has the power to do so, but to them its morally wrong.

I'm not sure that they do. I thought that they reckoned everybody went into the earth and the trees and the rivers and the rocks which collectively became their gods, and the point of the greenseers was that they formed the link between the living and the dead/gods. There is reference to a belief that the children could talk to the dead, and this was how I read it.

Are you thinking the Gate is like the weirwood faces carved into the trees? We haven't seen any of them talk yet.

Apparently their eyes are open again, but no we haven't heard one speak. I think the point here was that when Bran first saw the gate he thought it was of weirwood because it looked just like one of the faces carved in the trees. In the light of what followed we can obviously take leave to doubt that it was really made of weirwood, but was actually something very different.

I was responding to the specific piece of "evidence" that started the discussion of "who" the Black Gate is...to reiterate my opinion: Its just a Gate, there's obviously some consciousness inhabiting it but that doesn't mean it's the NK or even any individual, the weirnet is a complex multiconscious system which incorporates multiple poeple, trees, animals, yada yada....so the Gate doesn't have to be any individual.

So? Just because you think it's just a gate we should all stop discussing it?

I think what Men in their cups say brought up an idea that I had never thought of before. I don't know if I quite agree that the Black Gate is akin to the carved faces, but I also don't think he's as old as most of you seem to think, or if he is old, he's been imprisoned with dark magic.

Nah, it's just these boards, you know. People feel the need to jump in a discussion and go - oh, you know I haven't read the whole discussion but sometimes a tree is just a tree (or whatever) - and think they've enlightened us silly folk discussing things they already judge unimportant. Why post then? Leave the people discuss what they want if you don't have anything substantial to add other than your opinion how it's useless.

Nah, it's just these boards, you know. People feel the need to jump in a discussion and go - oh, you know I haven't read the whole discussion but sometimes a tree is just a tree (or whatever) - and think they've enlightened us silly folk discussing things they already judge unimportant. Why post then? Leave the people discuss what they want if you don't have anything substantial to add other than your opinion how it's useless.

Well I appreciate that you are backpedaling a bit. I've seen what you are talking about, people say "its just ____ so stop talking about it" and then what happens? People talk about it even more. You can't silence people on these forums, and that is a good thing.

Edit: And just to reiterate I never said or meant to imply that people should stop talking about the Gate, if anything I was adding my opinion to the discussion

Archived