TTTNE: 374 - Wishes for the New Year

a free shadow

I understand your POV, but try going 'cold turkey' so to speak. Last year I fell for a guy (another Andrew, lol) and I had to leave the school where I was training. Knowing that I was never going to see him or be in contact with him again meant I got over him almost instantaneously.

I know circumstances won't allow that for you... but it really does help to have no reach to them at all.

It makes it harder that it was not a definite no, more of a 'I'm already seeing someone else, so no need to hang with you' no. She was probably just trying to be nice.

Be assured that it wasn't a "Why the fuck would I want to date your ugly mug?". It's something I have unfortunately experienced.

BTW, I was wondering if anyone would mind reading my First Chapter over the next few days. It's only 1,500 words. I am going to post it on a very brutal forum, where it will be ripped apart from several discerning editors. I wouldn't mind getting just a few more friendly pairs of eyes to it before I do this.

Be assured that it wasn't a "Why the fuck would I want to date your ugly mug?". It's something I have unfortunately experienced.

That is reassuring.

BTW, I was wondering if anyone would mind reading my First Chapter over the next few days. It's only 1,500 words. I am going to post it on a very brutal forum, where it will be ripped apart from several discerning editors. I wouldn't mind getting just a few more friendly pairs of eyes to it before I do this.

I'll read it tonight.

Thanks, Crown.

Here's another thing for you to appreciate. Slept in his spare room on Friday night. I still get faint whiffs of his aftershave/scent on my hair and my favourite hoodie, despite having gone out to the horse and several other places since then.

I could read it too, if you want.

I texted her, if she wanted to do something during the holidays. Turned out she was seeing someone else, which none knows about. So, she apologized and said no.

It happens. At least you tried. There are never regrets when you try. Only when you don't

It happens. At least you tried. There are never regrets when you try. Only when you don't

I don't know about that, Bex, I would rather go back to the unknowing right now. It was exciting.

Why should I remove her from Twitter and Facebook? I don't know, it just seems strange, stupid and pathetic.

I agree. You still go to school with her and get along. You both travel in the same circles from what you have said. You asked, she said thank you, but no thank you. It'll be awkward to be around her for awhile, but just pretending that she doesn't exist socially just says that you are a superficial JA. I would just act like everything is status quo and that nothing has changed.

Will it be rough? Hell yes!!! But its part of growing up. Part of learning how to get what we want is learning how to act appropriately when we don't get what we want.

The hardest thing for me to deal with after rejection is the 'supernice' phase--when someone is supernice to you because they feel bad that they rejected you. I am all about the 'lets forget it happened and act like normal adult' mode.

<snip>

I totally agree, and she will probably be in my life for the next couple of years. Ignoring her won't be an option, and it's not something I want to do.

Best part of all this shit is that I bonded a lot more with my friends (especially her bro).

I totally agree, and she will probably be in my life for the next couple of years. Ignoring her won't be an option, and it's not something I want to do.

Best part of all this shit is that I bonded a lot more with my friends (especially her bro).

Focus on that part. Start thinking about this ordeal in terms of gaining friends, and you will be alright.

I may be being forgetful, but does her bro know about the whole situation?

Jaime: You can send me your chapter if you wish :)

There you go!

Is it just me or is it kind of odd that her brother didn't know anything at all about a guy she was seeing? Is that like...kind of odd?

I don't know about that, Bex, I would rather go back to the unknowing right now. It was exciting.

Yes, it always is. Its the reason that you get out of bed in the morning. It is on your mind every minute of the day.

And suddenly, all that joy and hope for the possiblility has 'turned into ashes in your mouth'.

You just have to pick up, move on and find something else that fills your days. Its hard and difficult, but it just is the way it is.

:grouphug: for Crown

:grouphug: :grouphug: JS--you do not have an ugly mug! You are pretty!

I may be being forgetful, but does her bro know about the whole situation?

Yeah he knew all about it, I got her bro's blessings and he gave me her number (because I couldn't get it myself when she didn't show up at the party on thursday).

Is it just me or is it kind of odd that her brother didn't know anything at all about a guy she was seeing? Is that like...kind of odd?

Yeah, it is odd, but she hasn't told anyone. I'm one of the few on this planet who know it, and she asked me to keep it quiet from her brother.

Felt really out of character for her. I also think it is strange that she told me, if she wants to keep it hidden from everyone, why not just refuse my offer?

Archived