Hizdahr zo Loraq, King of Westeros

willy york

Him trying to kill her is also theory. There is no confirmation on this. Besides, he's remained alive for weeks (although now imprisoned) despite character speculation that he attempted to assassinate her. Unless Dany is willing to leave the region entirely without looking back, killing him wouldn't be in Dany's best interests when it comes to Meereen. The marriage was made to facilitate a peace process. Hell will break lose (again) should Dany kill the man who she married as a bridge to peace and stability in the region. It's pretty much a no win situation, which is why marrying him was a mistake.

He also tried to have her dragons killed. Considering Dany thinks of the dragons as her children I don't think him trying to kill them will go over too well either.

It's pretty amazing that of all the marriages that have happened during this series, this is the one that people seem to think for some reason will last long enough for the two to become king and queen.

Whether or not he did try to kill her he wants the dragons dead that is no secret. She is the mother of dragons. He wants to kill her children. Therefore, he will not survive.

All these periphery characters becoming important just waters down the story. We need less at this point so the story can start to come full circle. Let Mereen burn to the ground. Dany needs to become a badass and start burning shit and killing people. Otherwise why the fuck does she have dragons?!?!

Let Mereen burn to the ground. Dany needs to become a badass and start burning shit and killing people. Otherwise why the fuck does she have dragons?!?!

she did become a bad ass and start burning shit and killing people thats like the whole reason she ended up in this situation in the first place

Him trying to kill her is also theory. There is no confirmation on this. Besides, he's remained alive for weeks (although now imprisoned) despite character speculation that he attempted to assassinate her. Unless Dany is willing to leave the region entirely without looking back, killing him wouldn't be in Dany's best interests when it comes to Meereen. The marriage was made to facilitate a peace process. Hell will break lose (again) should Dany kill the man who she married as a bridge to peace and stability in the region. It's pretty much a no win situation, which is why marrying him was a mistake.

The poisoned honeyed locusts? Dany has been wandering the desert, how can she kill him or have him killed? Her people didn't kill him because they know that she wants peace and are hoping that she returns soon. I will leave you to your theory. My point will be proven whenever the next book will be released.

It's pretty amazing that of all the marriages that have happened during this series, this is the one that people seem to think for some reason will last long enough for the two to become king and queen.

Whether or not he did try to kill her he wants the dragons dead that is no secret. She is the mother of dragons. He wants to kill her children. Therefore, he will not survive.

All these periphery characters becoming important just waters down the story. We need less at this point so the story can start to come full circle. Let Mereen burn to the ground. Dany needs to become a badass and start burning shit and killing people. Otherwise why the fuck does she have dragons?!?!

:agree: :cheers:

I don't think anyone is saying they will last long enough to make it happen.

People are just pointing out the fact that his death is not guaranteed. It's likely but it's not a certain thing until it happens.

Exactly. That's what she needed to keep doing in order to go home just toast some people take their ships, their armies maybe too? Continue in this fashion until arrival at Sunspear

Not sure that is a good idea. Quentyn wasn't her fault, but I think Doran will still blame her. Especially if Quentyn's companions make it to Dorne alive.

Will you be disappointed if Hizdahr becomes the king of westeros?

He'll die before it will happen.

I was disappointed Drogon did not roast him though. Anyway, Victarion will be on his way to make Dany a widow.

Hizdahr is a gonner, simply because Dany is going to say "Fuck Mereen", she'll load all of her people on the iron fleet and the captured fleet from Volantis => She'll probably make a stop in Volantis and Penthos to to free the slaves their and then she"ll go for westeros. And She'"ll give Mereen" to the flames

The poisoned honeyed locusts? Dany has been wandering the desert, how can she kill him or have him killed? Her people didn't kill him because they know that she wants peace and are hoping that she returns soon.

There has been no confirmation that Hizdahr arranged the poisoned honeyed locusts. It's assumed by several characters. As far as that, I do not think Hizdahr had a part in it. His power derives from Dany and his power is not stable enough in Meereen to off Dany at this point. Despite my own ideas on the locusts, there's still no confirmation that Hizdahr did or didn't do it.

I will leave you to your theory. My point will be proven whenever the next book will be released.

How can a point argued on hypotheticals be proven or disproven? I certainly haven't offered any theories (except for the one above re locusts).

I explicitly said early on in this thread that I will drop my assumptions that Hizdahr will die soon in order to discuss the hypothetical of Dany somehow sitting the Iron Throne. Dropping my assumptions that Hiz will meet an early death means that I believe Hiz will die before Dany goes to Westeros. We aren't disagreeing here. The only disagreements we seem to have is that I understand the discussion is hypothetical while you are resistant to this. Hypothetically, if Hizdahr is still alive when Dany arrives in Westeros and she claims the throne and there has been no annulment, then he would be the king consort. End of.

• 2 weeks later...

There has been no confirmation that Hizdahr arranged the poisoned honeyed locusts. It's assumed by several characters. As far as that, I do not think Hizdahr had a part in it. His power derives from Dany and his power is not stable enough in Meereen to off Dany at this point. Despite my own ideas on the locusts, there's still no confirmation that Hizdahr did or didn't do it.

How can a point argued on hypotheticals be proven or disproven? I certainly haven't offered any theories (except for the one above re locusts).

I explicitly said early on in this thread that I will drop my assumptions that Hizdahr will die soon in order to discuss the hypothetical of Dany somehow sitting the Iron Throne. Dropping my assumptions that Hiz will meet an early death means that I believe Hiz will die before Dany goes to Westeros. We aren't disagreeing here. The only disagreements we seem to have is that I understand the discussion is hypothetical while you are resistant to this. Hypothetically, if Hizdahr is still alive when Dany arrives in Westeros and she claims the throne and there has been no annulment, then he would be the king consort. End of.

i agree about the locusts. im not sure who the treacherous wretch was who committed this evil act, but i am certain that it would not be the noble hizdahr, father of dragons.

Even if he manages to survive long that long, I can't see him being king of Westeros going all that well.....for a good chunk of reasons that could lead to a nice long post.

At any rate, there is a lot going against him at this moment. Cowardice, Not politically savvy at all, to facing future wrath's of disgruntled people that would likely grow into a bigger list. Maybe he would even choose suicide.

Come to think of it (Very random and peculiar thought considering it is a slightly grim topic) we haven't had a lot of "major" suicides in the series, other than Ashara allegedly and one delusional attempt by Aerys - everyone mainly gets killed, with at least a couple dying of old age. Maybe we are due....?

It would make for a hell of a twist ending! Dany emerges victorious over the Others and goes back south to King's Landing, only to find Hizdahr Zo Loraq sitting the Iron Throne, with an army of Essos' most elite clanker-legions, and slave traders in the streets

"You escaped Meereen my Queen, but as you can see... now I have brought Meereen to you!"

Dany then wakes up in Illyrio's mansion, about to be wed to Khal Drogo.

Archived