Small questions v.10000

Angalin

He claims to have seen that one day Stannis will sit the Iron Throne and that Davos will betray Stannis. I think he just sees what he wants to see. Seems unlikely he would have that gift.

Yeah, Melisandre pretty much confirms to Davos that Axel saw what he wanted to see.

I'm not sure if anyone can answer this but here it is anyway,

Why does Tyrion get more offended and being called a dwarf then being called the imp?

I mean it's not like he isnt a dwarf, surly imp is more insulting?

When he and Janos are talking just before he send him to the watch in the best example i can think of at the minute.

I'm not sure if anyone can answer this but here it is anyway,

Why does Tyrion get more offended and being called a dwarf then being called the imp?

I mean it's not like he isnt a dwarf, surly imp is more insulting?

When he and Janos are talking just before he send him to the watch in the best example i can think of at the minute.

We can only imagine, but maybe because Imps are devilish creatures or because he is way more used to it.

Why did Davos sneak into Storms End with the onions for Stannis? He was only a smuggler back then. Were he and Stannis friends before? Was Davos looking for a new life and thought that could be the way?

I've got another small question. Which parts of westeros (detailed description if possible since i've got the general view :P) were considered the 7 kindgoms and which were the houses that used to rule them?

Kingdom of the North - Starks

Kingdom of the Vale and Sky - Arryns

Kinddom of the Isle and Riverlands - Many - Greyjoys [at the start of series] Isle- Greyjoy & RL - Tully

Kingdom of the Rock - Casterly - Lannisters

Kingdom of the Stormlands - Storm Kings- Baratheons

Kingdom of the Reach - Greenhand, - Gardners- [at start of series] Tyrell

Princedom of Dorne - Nymeros Martells

In COK Jon finds the dragonglass/obsidian in a Night's Watch cloak in a seemingly freshly dug hole. Do we have any indication of who may have put that there? Is it an indication that Benjen is still alive?

No we don't really know who put it there.

Yes many think that Benjen is alive and that he put it there. There really is not enought to prove it either way.

Kinddom of the Isle and Riverlands - Many - Greyjoys [at the start of series] Isle- Greyjoy & RL - Tully

Almost the same as what i was thinking. But I still can't fit the Crowlands anywhere. Were they part of the Vale or the RL or maybe the SL ?

well if you considered the question as what were the 7 kingdoms right before they were united, House Hoare ruled over both the islands and all the riverlands not many different families or the Greyjoys

Actually, the Baratheons didn't take control of the Storm Lands until Aegon's War of Conquest, they never actually ruled as kings. It was the Durrendons that were Storm Kings before the Conquest.

Is there any suggestion at the Jordaynes are to the Daynes what the Karstarks are to the Starks?

House Jordayne is Martin's homage to Robert Jordan. I imagine the play with the last name is to imply there is some distant relation with House Dayne, ala Karstark and Stark, as you mention...

No we don't really know who put it there.

Yes many think that Benjen is alive and that he put it there. There really is not enought to prove it either way.

The fact that it was a recent burial in a fresh NW cloak makes a burial by anyone other than Benjen highly unlikely in my mind, unless you bring the supernatural into the equation.

well if you considered the question as what were the 7 kingdoms right before they were united, House Hoare ruled over both the islands and all the riverlands not many different families or the Greyjoys

The question was what were the 7 kingdoms, and what family ruled them. I went with the Historical rulers, and the most resent rulers. The Reach and Westerlands are the only ones where there was a historical change of Kings.

The RL were ruled by many different other kingdoms, IIRC the Stormlands, Westlands, and I think the North at one point. The Iron Isle kings were chosen by Kingsmoots at one point so there were again many.

Actually, the Baratheons didn't take control of the Storm Lands until Aegon's War of Conquest, they never actually ruled as kings. It was the Durrendons that were Storm Kings before the Conquest.

I went with the most historical, and most resent rulers. Sorry did not put the same [at the start of series] disclamer infront of it.

The fact that it was a recent burial in a fresh NW cloak makes a burial by anyone other than Benjen highly unlikely in my mind, unless you bring the supernatural into the equation.

Again many readers believe it is Benjen, but there is no proof either way.

did howland reed go south with robb? if yes how come there's no notion of cranogmen in the riverlands, imo they would be great counter for tywin's "foragers"

After returning from the Tower of Joy Howland Reed never left Greywater Watch again. But I have no clue why^^. Maybe too protect a certain secret.

E: Not really important^^ But Thormund Giantsbane reapetly tells us that he has a really big sword in his pants, is there another character in the books that confirms that theory or is he just compensating?

Archived