Small questions v.10000

Angalin

Are the Others ever called the White Walkers in the books, or is it just a show thing?

white walkers and others are 2 seperate beings, the white walkers are basically dead people raised up by the Others. In the last minutes of season 2 the Other is the thing on the dead horse with an ice-like spear, the walking corpses are whites.

white walkers and others are 2 seperate beings, the white walkers are basically dead people raised up by the Others. In the last minutes of season 2 the Other is the thing on the dead horse with an ice-like spear, the walking corpses are whites.

ACtually Others are white walkers while the undead are called wights.

When Dany goes into the HotU on the show did they show the RW Robb/GW?

I could have sworn when it first aired they did but I rewatched it the other day and nothing. Maybe they didnt and its what I created in my head from the book but I told my friend that the RW was in the show and after describing it he said he remembered and he hasnt read the books.

When Dany goes into the HotU on the show did they show the RW Robb/GW?

I could have sworn when it first aired they did but I rewatched it the other day and nothing. Maybe they didnt and its what I created in my head from the book but I told my friend that the RW was in the show and after describing it he said he remembered and he hasnt read the books.

They don't show it on the TV show version of the HotU.

I may be wrong, been a while since I read any of the books. I assumed that "wights" was just an abbreviation of white walkers.

It's a fairly common word to describe undead type things (although the word itself means "living thing"). It was used by Tolkien for the things that inhabited the barrows of Arthedain.

It's a fairly common word to describe undead type things (although the word itself means "living thing"). It was used by Tolkien for the things that inhabited the barrows of Arthedain.

ahh, I do remember that in TLoTR now that you mention it, never put the two together though. Thanks

How does one become a wight? If it is by merely dying and arising as a wight, then how far south of the wall do you have to be to just die? South of the wall bodies are burried not creamated. Do you have to die north of the wall and be dragged south of the wall to be a wight south of the wall like the two ranger wights in book one.

How does one become a wight? If it is by merely dying and arising as a wight, then how far south of the wall do you have to be to just die? South of the wall bodies are burried not creamated. Do you have to die north of the wall and be dragged south of the wall to be a wight south of the wall like the two ranger wights in book one.

My guess is that it has to do with the presence of Others. North of the Wall, the threat of the Others has never quite gone away- hence Craster sacrificing his boy children to the Others. That's why they always burn corpses north of the Wall. The Others cannot cross the Wall, hence they can just bury bodies instead of burning them when they are south of the Wall.

So yes, I believe that at the moment you would have to die north and be taken across the wall to be a wight south of the Wall. Until the Others manage to cross the Wall, at least.

Hello

after finishing the books and reading in this forum and the wiki a lot, I have a small question for you, too. It came to my mind that Moon Boy is just another alias of Varys, like that guard in the Red Keep prison. Is it possible or do they ever appear in the same place together?

I mean it´s repeatedly implied that MB isn´t the simplelton he likes to be seen as, also that he is one of Varys little birds and I would like to think that Varys is dressing up some times just to make fun of all those highborn fools at the court, just because he can^^

It also would be a nice cover up since he recently is a persona non grata in KL after freeing Tyrion.

ps: plz excuse my sorry english it´s not my native tounge, i hope you still get the point of my post.

So, Robert's Rebellion began when Rheagar took Lyanna and then all the messiness happened with Brandon, his buddies, and their fathers. Then Aerys demanded the heads of Robert Baratheon and Eddard Stark. Jon Arryn, Robert, and Eddard raise their banners after that.

Why did Aerys demand Robert's head? Given that the Starks were at the center of the issue with Brandon, Lyanna, and Rhaegar, it is understandable that Aerys demanded Ned's head. Not logical, but understandable given that this is Aerys we're talking about. But what reason did he have to demand Robert's head and make an enemy of House Baratheon as well?

after finishing the books and reading in this forum and the wiki a lot, I have a small question for you, too. It came to my mind that Moon Boy is just another alias of Varys, like that guard in the Red Keep prison. Is it possible or do they ever appear in the same place together?

Nothing is as powerful as an idea whose time has come, it seems: You are the second poster within a few days to develop that thought.

However, Dr Pepper found that the two did indeed appear in the same place together at least once.

Can anyone please explain what Axel Florent said he saw in the flames? Is it something that happened already ??

He claims to have seen that one day Stannis will sit the Iron Throne and that Davos will betray Stannis. I think he just sees what he wants to see. Seems unlikely he would have that gift.

So, Robert's Rebellion began when Rheagar took Lyanna and then all the messiness happened with Brandon, his buddies, and their fathers. Then Aerys demanded the heads of Robert Baratheon and Eddard Stark. Jon Arryn, Robert, and Eddard raise their banners after that.

Why did Aerys demand Robert's head? Given that the Starks were at the center of the issue with Brandon, Lyanna, and Rhaegar, it is understandable that Aerys demanded Ned's head. Not logical, but understandable given that this is Aerys we're talking about. But what reason did he have to demand Robert's head and make an enemy of House Baratheon as well?

It seems likely he was aware of the close relationship between Eddard and Robert, and almost a given that he would be aware of Robert's betrothal to Lyanna. I'm sure he figured that Robert would not take kindly to having his betrothed "abducted" and his best friend killed. Aerys doesn't strike me as the type of king who would want to leave possible enemies alive to plot against him.

It seems likely he was aware of the close relationship between Eddard and Robert, and almost a given that he would be aware of Robert's betrothal to Lyanna. I'm sure he figured that Robert would not take kindly to having his betrothed "abducted" and his best friend killed. Aerys doesn't strike me as the type of king who would want to leave possible enemies alive to plot against him.

It could also be related to the conspiracy that Aerys believed there to be going on with Rhaegar and the meeting at the Tourney at Harrenhal.

Also, who knows what Rickard was yelling while he died. "My son Ned and his friend Robert are going to come down on you like a ton of bricks, you Targ nutter!"

It could also be related to the conspiracy that Aerys believed there to be going on with Rhaegar and the meeting at the Tourney at Harrenhal.

Also, who knows what Rickard was yelling while he died. "My son Ned and his friend Robert are going to come down on you like a ton of bricks, you Targ nutter!"

Yep, those, and maybeit was common knowledge that Robert mayhaveanounced something like, "That bastard Rhaegar stole my wife-to-be. I'm gonna rip this bastard appart".

And you know, I imagine Aerys being like, "He's threatening my son, the royal family? Bring me all of those traitors' heads".

He was mad and he thought himself invincible.

Besides, the Stark-Arryn-Tully-Baratheon union was well known as those are maybe the most major houses. He was mad, I tell you :D. To think about it, pretty stupid of Rhaegar too, but maybe he knew what was really going on...

Archived