Obscure characters you want to know more about

thewingedwolf

Lyn Corbray. Despite the obvious and unpleasant things we already know about him, I'd like to know more. He surely has to have more motive than boys and gold, and his task under Littlefinger is certainly interesting. I can't wait to see how that plays out for him and the Vale.

From the battel of the Trident you would think he was this big badass (he did kill a member of the KG using his fallen father's Valyrian steel sword0 but then again he entered LF's circle of weasels so you never know. Interesting guy however.

Still exploring the more mythological side of westeros, also more info on "the children of the forest".

What side are they on if not neutral?

Why are they attracted to Bran?

Bran is a greenseer, perhaps the most powerful one since Bloodraven (maybe even the last one)

Aside from many already mentioned...

Wyman Manderly. If he really pulled off this "Frey pie" thing, I love characters that are underestimated. Bring it on, old fat man.

Harry the heir. If anyone thinks that littlefinger is going to deliver Sansa to wedded bliss with a handsome young knight to reclaim the north and live happily ever after, they haven't been reading the same books I have. There's more to that story, and it might be because this guy's one super interesting scoundrel. At least I hope so.

Harry the heir. If anyone thinks that littlefinger is going to deliver Sansa to wedded bliss with a handsome young knight to reclaim the north and live happily ever after, they haven't been reading the same books I have. There's more to that story, and it might be because this guy's one super interesting scoundrel. At least I hope so.

If there is one thing we know about Littlefinger is that he cares very little about the consequences of his actions on other people (whether these consequences are positive or negative). I do not doubt for one minute that LF has some underlying motive for him to profit from this. An also remember this handsome young knight also already has fathered a bastard daughter so he is definitely not the knight in shining armor. Someone on this thread actually cleverly made a parallel between Harry the Heir and Robert Baratheon (young, handsome, lady's man, fostering in the Vale . . . ).

I also really want to find out what happened to Tyrek Lannister.

I really, REALLY hope that GRRM never even gives us so much as a hint into what happened to Tyrek. That'd destroy so much realistic credibility of the stories if HEY, GUESS WHAT GUIES? TYREK'S ALIVE. Or he was kidnapped by Varys, or whatever.

Still exploring the more mythological side of westeros, also more info on "the children of the forest".

What side are they on if not neutral?

Why are they attracted to Bran?

Well, Leaf's short, Bran's not exactly gonna get taller... i am so sorry

It's not exactly obscure, but I want to know more about Melisandre. She had what, one, two PoVs? There's very little about her past, what made her the way she is now, or even, unless I read poorly, how she met Stannis. Was he just so mannis that he had to be Azor Ahai?

Any intrigued by some of your choices, any particular reasons?

Howland Reed - The obvious one. The key to Jon's parentage and the truth about Lyanna's death and Ned's promise, also knows the most about the tourney at Harrenhald / Knight of the Laughing Tree issue.

Edric Dayne - The shy little lad happens to be, well, the Lord of Starfall, and probably the future wielder of Dawn. Not only does he also have secondary ties to Ashara Dayne and Jon Snow, but also to Darkstar (who I assume is a cousin). More to the point, why is he still hanging out with outlaws, enemies of the state, while he is the Lord of Fucking Starfall ? Does the realm even realize Starfall's heir is in the BWB ? Do they assume he's dead ?

Bronn - Bronn is sort of an enigma. Like the sellsword in Varys' riddle, he represents nothing but the amoral power of the sword. And yet, he's been quite a survivor and thorn in Cersei's side. However, one wonder where he is from and where he has served before.

The Mad Mouse - In much the same way as Bronn, I am curious. I have a feeling of all the knights Brienne met on her journey, he may be one of the more dangerous. Not a boaster, not seeming dangerous, but the kind of guy who has to be cunning to survive and has the experience to back it up.

Marwyn the Mage - An unusual, rebellious archmaester who has traveled to the far ends of the world (as Euron has), and among other things has also been involved in teaching Qyburn and Mirri Maaz Duur, who both dabbled in dark magic.

Davos' wife - After years as a smuggler and then as Stannis' advisor, Davos wants to simply see his wife and kids again, and they live on Cape Wrath with some land granted them for his service (presumably by Stannis or Robert). Now they are directly in the path of the invasion by Aegon and the Golden Company, and might be captives. (Actually, Selwyn Tarth is in the same danger.)

"Vogarro's whore" - She is very interesting. A former slave risen high in Volantis but still scorned by the slavers of the old blood. She's wanting Dany to come there, as a big and fiery slave revolt is clearly brewing.

Lynesse Hightower - The woman who is in Lys, who basically ran Jorah into the ground and made him the desperate creature he became. (If not for her, he would still be in Westeros and firmly loyal to one of the "Usurper's dogs".) Well, it would be good to meet her, and see what makes her tick, or what larger schemes she's involved in.

Dickon Tarly - The son who didn't disappoint Randyll, the heir of Heartsbane (and soon to be married to a lord's daughter). Just as Sam the Slayer is getting close to home again, I wonder if his brother will turn up there to meet him, and whether his brother is as much a callous bully as dear old dad.

Archived