Theories for TWoW, round 2 [SPOILERS]

OberynBlackfyre

That is pretty spoilerific, if it is a true synopsis. How would that have gotten out?

Some problems I find with it are:

The Battle at Winterfell? Didn't Dany always have dreams about a battle on the river? Also, it takes her hundreds of pages to do ANYTHING. So it implies she can finish with Mereen, take the Iron throne and prep for battle in 704 pages? Methinks not.

Although, if it is an old synopsis, it could give clues to A Dream of Spring? Honestly not sure what to make of it. (F)Aegon is out of the picture, but then so is every other POV character. I guess by the end of Winter or somewhere in the middle the Others get by the Wall. What difference will the petty politics make when there is an undead army marching through the kingdom.

Well, this description is online. WoW is supposed to be 704 pages. It reads more like something for book 7 though, so beware.

http://www.bookdepos...n/9780002247412

Not sure this is genuine. There are some spelling mistakes in it and it's on a literary website.

But if it's true ... Dany somehow gets to and conquers KL early on! Thats so crazy and scary at once. GRRM's set up such a master clusterfu*k in Dance that to wrap it up too quickly would be tragic! Final battle at WF? Nice. As hoped for. Really looking forward to a few things:

Marwyn; where is he? whats his plan?

Samwell; obvi linking a chain in record time. hopefully gets some confidence and respect in Oldtown. spreading the word of others and their threat

Sansa; please kill LF and sweetrobin and marry harry the heir and rule the vale/ bring them into the fold.

Rickon; will he make it past the dead things in the water? who's shaggydog gonna kill when he lands?

Euron; what's his plan? how's he gonna get the dragons? is he laying in wait fo Vic?

Damphair; this guy's crazy. what are he and the reader gonna do?

Cold Hands; used to think he was benjen, but not anymore. who the fu*k is this guy? really wanna learn more about the nature of the others.

We know so little about what's going on with these guys and I can't wait to see what happens. What about Howland Reed and Robb's will, and that part of the Young Wolf's host? Is Jeyne preggers? What happened to the Blackfish? Will grave digger Sandor fight undead Gregor finally? Greyscale outbreaks? What's going on at Dragonstone? Darkstar? The faceless men and Arya's eminent return to Westeros?

Benjen!!!!! Is he in the heart of winter? has he become an 'other' lord? what about Ned Dayne? Will there be a sword of the morning? Jon maybe? Will Moqorro screw Victarion over? How does that hellhorn work?

I think that Mance has already killed Roose, as previously substantiated, but how will the manderlys + baratheons make common cause w/o rickon and davos back in WH? What role will Bran and BR play? They're in the flames now!!! Can't wait to learn more of the Weirnet and firenet!! Will the giants and mammoths in EW get mobilized?

and of course who's going to ride the dragons? and does R+L=J?

All will be answered in Winds. God Bless you GRRM

Victarion, Barristan and Tyrion's crew fight it out in Mereen with Dany arriving to finish up the victory. Tyrion becomes a dragon rider. Dany heads West.

Cersei wins her trial when Robert Strong annihilates Theodan.

Aegon and Arianne marry. The HS sides with Aegon and opens KL to him. Arianne is Cersei's younger more beautiful queen and sets out dismantling everything Cersei. Aegon spares Tommen/Myrcella, Doran dies, Arianne marries Trsytane to Myrcella.

Sand Snakes uncover and relay Cersei's treachery to the Tyrell's, Mace dies, Willas declares for Aegon, as do much of the Riverlands due to religious and Targaryen fervour.

Whatever happens on Hotah's hunt, he survives, his future and probable end will come under the command of his little princess.

Garlan leads his host against the Ironborn and defeats Harras Harlaw in glorious combat and becomes the owner of Nightfall.

Tyrion and Vic destroy the Lord of Waters. Vic ends up with the prized belongings of House Celtigar either directly (takes Claw Isle himself) or indirectly (takes the loot from another who has already taken the Isle).

Dany won't give The Tattered Prince Pentos, he tries to take it through trickery and fails, Dany appoints Pretty Meris the leader of the Windblown, Rakharo gets Caggo's Valyrian arakh.

Dany arrives with Aegon seated on the throne and in control of the South, Reach and Stormlands. There is a tepid truce between the two, as Aegon wants a dragon Dany isn't inclined to give him, Arianne turns Aegon against Dany and Dany finds playing second fiddle not how she imagined the other side of the red door.

Tyrion fans the flames behind the scenes, pitting one side against the other, pushing the theory Aegon is a pretender in Dany's ear and pushing his case for Casterly rock in Aegon's. By whatever means Aegon gets his dragon and Tyrion possibly with Aegon set out to conquer the Westerlands. They succeed and their return the Dance with Dragons 2 breaks out, Aegon vs Dany. Tyrion plays coy, sitting back waiting for the other two to destroy each other and the opportunity for himself to break both and seize the throne.

By the time Jaime and Brienne leave the BWB, one will be undead and Oathkeeper can be set alight Beric style.

Stannis wins the battle of Ice, takes Winterfell, he heads back to the wall with Mance where everything is in chaos and the two set about putting things in order.

Jon becomes Ghost. As ghost he travels to WF crypts. Bran revives him as an intelligent wight through the sacrifice of either BR or Theon.

Sandor returns, possibly something washes up on the Isle that brings him back. He kills Lyn Corbray and takes Lady Forlorn.

That would put the Valyrian Steel Arakh in Rakharo's hand, the Valyrian Steel axe in Victarion's and a valyrian sword in Sandor's. If we can get the dragonglass arrowheads into Anguy's hands then the others will have something to deal with MAybe the summer islanders get into it with dragonglass arrowheads as well via Samwell. But who gets the other half of Ice. Joff's half? Loras maybe?

Is that a real synopsis?? Anyone have clarification?

It doesn't make much sense, but perhaps, maby, somehow it could have been a veeeeery old sinopsis from before Martin decided to wtite Feast Fpr Crows, and Dance Of Dragons...

Long shot, but only way it makes some sense.

Ok here are my thoughts (Just my thoughts)

The Title: The title of the book can not be forgotten TWOW. I think this eludes to the saying Its darkest just before dawn. The end of this book will leave most characters in very dark places/ dead

Death: I think you are looking at the death of at least 2 characters you have come to love (Jamie, Brienne, ANY Stark ext.) and most likely the death of Stannis and Cersei

In The North: Jon snow is not dead. If he were going to die we would have seen a confirmed death in DWD. I like the idea of him being "trapped" in ghost while his body is recovering. This leads him to connect with Bran and maybe even Nymeria (Arya) and learning that not all hope is lost.

With Stannis and the battle of winterfell I think we will see the death of Roose Bolton but not his bastard son. Eventually Stannis will return to the wall and be killed by either Val, Mance, or a wight. The belief that Stannis is Azor Ahai is simply Melissendre's misinterpretation of visions and we will see her demise as well (After she learns she was wrong)

Theon will survive the battle and will confront Ramsey before this story is over, killing him (100% sure of that)

Asha is dead. No more needs to be said

In Kings Landing: I was sure Cersei was going to be undone by the Tyrells but I like the point someone else brought up in this thread; That maybe sansa is the one to do it. This would mean the death of Margery and the Tyrells ultimately allying with the Targaryns (Starting with Highgarden and Dragon Stone)

The Rest of Westeros: Davos finds Rikkon and a decent sized army ready to ride for Stannis after they learn of White Harbors plan. But it doesn't matter, Stannis wil be dead before it matters. This will force the Iron Bank to align with Dany.

Aegon is no fake but he will be backed into a corner before Dany can save him. He may gain a Dragon but never Dany. Jon Connington dies for what he believes to be heroic manor but it will accomplish nothing. No one learns of his Greyscale (in true GRRM fashion) BUT he is patient 0 in Westeros

Across The Narrow Sea: Dany gains the full strength of her old Khalasar and fulfills the You must go back to go forward part of her prophecy. She returns to defeat Mereen with only a khalasar and 1 Dragon. Mean while Tyrion and Mormont join up with Victorian and his men who were led to Tyrion by the other Fire Priest. Together they protect and contain the other 2 dragons (using the horn). Therefore earning Danys trust and praise before she even knows who they are. Victorian will be turned down and betrayed by the fire priest who is there to serve Dany in truth. She is the true Azor Ahai because fire has no sex, like dragons.

Where Victorians story goes from there I have no idea (maybe death)

Arya will be sent to train with w/e his name was and become a full FM by the end of the book. Originally I thought she will be hired to kill Dany or a Dragon but again after this thread Idk. Someone mentioned you become no-one as a FM so u know no-one. Maybe Arya gets to cross a few more names off her list

The Rest: A few characters I left out because I cant imagine wat will become of them. The series is AMAZING and GRRM keeps us on our toes so w/e happens I'm sure it will be incredible!

Thanks

Commoner.. Jon is the true AA, not dany.. I think GRRM meant to confuse us by what Aemon said about dany being the AA. After all Melisandre never saw dany in her fires when she kept asking about AA, what she saw was "snow". Most likely refering to jon snow. The fires doesnt lie after all.

Ok, I've not thought out the kinks in this theory yet, but I'm convinced that by the time the book ends, all three Lannister siblings are going to die. All three of them (including Tyrion) I feel have reached a position where I think their. stories can only end in death- and since I think that the Wall's going to come down at the end of the book, none of them have much to do with the actual Song of Ice and Fire, so they don't need to stick around past that.

So basically, how I think it's going to occur is that Cersei wins her trial by combat, but Tommen is killed (by Varys? by a Sand Snake?), and Cersei flees King's Landing with Myrcella, and hides in Casterly Rock. Meanwhile, Jaime manages to escape from Stoneheart's clutches thanks to Brienne (maybe she dies for him?). He also decides to make for Casterly Rock after hearing that Cersei has gone there and King's Landing is no longer safe for Lannisters (as Aegon has taken the place with the help of Dorne.) Across the sea, Dany defeats the Slavers with Tyrion's help, and makes to sail to Westeros with Victarion's fleet (Vic may or may not have died at this point). Unfortunately, Tyrion catches the Pale Mare from Penny (who has died by this point), and realising he doesn't have much time left, convinces Dany to sail round the south of Westeros (avoiding Dorne and the Reach, which are now loyal to Aegon) and land in the Westerlands. As Dany's fleet approaches, Cersei hears rumours that Tyrion is with her, and in her paranoia she kills Myrcella, hoping to both save her daughter from being killed by Tyrion and avert the Valonqar prophecy, since it specified all her children had to be crowned first (Cersei has pretty much lost it at this point). Jaime finds out about this, and kills Cersei by strangling her with his golden hand. Then, Dany shows up with her fleet and her dragons, and Jaime surrenders the Rock, knowing it will not survive Dragonfire. Dany imprisons Jaime and sentences him to death for murdering her father. Tyrion, who has days to live at this point, visits Jaime in his cell and demands to know where Cersei is, since he wants his revenge before he dies. Jaime reveals he killed Cersei and buried her in the crypt next to Tywin. The next day, Jaime blurts out the truth about Aerys's insanity to Dany, and demands a trial by combat, which Dany accepts. He fights Barristan and wins, but expires minutes after from his wounds. Tyrion is now Lord of Casterly Rock, but cannot enjoy it since Jaime stole his revenge against Cersei, and he is dying rather rapidly of the Pale Mare. As he is dying, he goes down to the crypt where his entire family (mother, father, brother, sister) are buried, and he yells out to the gods that he doesn't deserve to die like this, that he has so much more to do and that his entire life and now death have been unfair. Hallucinations of Tysha and Shae (maybe) then come to him, telling him that life isn't fair (like their lives, both ruined by Tyrion). Tyrion then finally dies alone in the crypt.

Christ, I have a depressing imagination.

Tyrion isn't going anywhere; he still has a lot to add to the story.

I'm really confused why everyone is writing off Littlefinger. It seems like there is so much left of his plans that has yet to be revealed. He's not content with the Vale or Harrenhal--he wants the Iron Throne. I'm certain he's not going anywhere, because GRRM has shown a deep affection for those that use their wits to accomplish their goals, Littlefinger being the smartest of them all. I'm thoroughly looking forward to what he has in store for the plot, because I'm sure it will have deep impacts on many of the POV characters.

For the same reasons above, I'm very curious to what Varys has planned. Is he really only doing what he thinks is best for the realm, or does he have his own personal ambitions he's looking to achieve? I think those two will prove to be the biggest movers and shakers in King's Landing.

With all that being said, I think the coolest thing would be a Littlefinger/unCat reunion. Let him pine over her now.

To continue on the greyscale note, brilliant thoughts by a lot of people on here. I'll admit that it wasn't something that had previously thought of, but it makes so much sense. JonCon is patient 0.

I'm really confused why everyone is writing off Littlefinger. It seems like there is so much left of his plans that has yet to be revealed. He's not content with the Vale or Harrenhal--he wants the Iron Throne. I'm certain he's not going anywhere, because GRRM has shown a deep affection for those that use their wits to accomplish their goals, Littlefinger being the smartest of them all. I'm thoroughly looking forward to what he has in store for the plot, because I'm sure it will have deep impacts on many of the POV characters.

For the same reasons above, I'm very curious to what Varys has planned. Is he really only doing what he thinks is best for the realm, or does he have his own personal ambitions he's looking to achieve? I think those two will prove to be the biggest movers and shakers in King's Landing.

on this point I think there's a major flaw in the Sansa/Aegon partnership, although it won't be obvious to anyone except varys. This'll mean that Littlefinger will join his golden boy team and become an influence on him. Varys won't like that...

I would love to see Sansa and Aegon get together. Because Aegon would finally be the prince of Sansa's dreams only to find Sansa embittered and hardened by the horrific things she has seen and completely broken of the illusions of her earlier days, and thus completely skeptical of Aegon's true motives. Possibly to the point of sabotage? (wishful thinking)

I would love to see Sansa and Aegon get together. Because Aegon would finally be the prince of Sansa's dreams only to find Sansa embittered and hardened by the horrific things she has seen and completely broken of the illusions of her earlier days, and thus completely skeptical of Aegon's true motives. Possibly to the point of sabotage? (wishful thinking)

I see Aegon as a deconstruction of the Arthurian legend of the perfect ruler raised amongst the people. I predict he'll be a big disappointment to Varys, but Sansa should be used to being around disappointing men by now...

I'm not saying he's another Joffrey, mind...

Would it just be too cliche for Aegon to follow in his father's footsteps and fall for a Stark? Politically, the match would work well if they're trying to bring the Stark banners to Aegon's side. I feel like this can only last as long as Dany is out of the picture. Once the dragons show up, the North will be begging for the assistance in the fight against the Others.

• 1 month later...

Sigh.... Yes, he did kill an other, but IIRC weren't his eyes closed lol? Might be wrong, but he's not killing anyone. Although he rose a notch in my book when he pummeled Daereon the singer.

I think its funny that you think you were being condescending when you were actually the one being condescended to.

Hardhome and Skagos are obviously connected. Guess Davos will find on skagos not only Rickon and Osha, but also Cotter Pyke's men, so he'll learn of the plight at Hardhome and head there with Manderly ships he was provided. Thus he will firsthand witness "dead things" and whatever else is at Hardhome

I think this is very interesting, I haven't seen it before. This could make Davos the hero that wildling foresaw.

Archived