"Wow, I Never Noticed That."

Well I think this one is hardly settled. I don't mean to go too far off topic but IMO leading candidates are Robett Glover (my favorite), Hal Mollen and (maybe) Raynald Westerling. You will see these names, the Thoen split personality theory (aka Theon Durden), Davos, Benjen, Howland Reed, Jaime Lannister and many, many, many other names mentioned in this thread: http://asoiaf.wester...-in-winterfell/

Read those already, didn't think they were credible. Raynald is dead, Davos on his way to Skagos, Howland Reed is probably still chilling in greywater watch, Jaime (what a dumb idea), Hal Mollen... I don't know but I doubt that he would leave Neds body unattended, Robett Glover... if he isn't at White Harbor, then I think he would rather travel to greywater watch or the wall.

Forgot: Theon => I thought it the most likely out of all the candidates (with the blackouts and stuff)

Hal Mollen... I don't know but I doubt that he would leave Neds body unattended, Robett Glover... if he isn't at White Harbor, then I think he would rather travel to greywater watch or the wall.

Forgot: Theon => I thought it the most likely out of all the candidates (with the blackouts and stuff)

If Hal had already reached Winterfell he could have been staying there and already put Ned's bones to rest when everyone showed up and been in hiding since. Doesn't seem likely, though, without a source of food. Robett could have followed Manderly posing as one of his men. Not sure how feasible either is, but they are possibilities.

Wow this hole time i've been reading the Kettleblacks as Kettlebacks until you posted this............WTF???????????????????

O_____________________O!

OMG! Its spelled Kettleblacks? I've been reading it as Kettlebacks too!

I would have never even noticed I was reading it wrong unless I read you post. Even after reading your post I was thinking, "Nooooo... thats not right... someone must have misspelled it." But after looking it up I feel really stupid.

http://awoiaf.wester...use_Kettleblack

I'm like dying right now... I don't know how I could have misread it after rereading the books even. My eyesight is bad... but apparently its worse than I thought or I'm moron.

I guess me and Jon's Ghost can be buddies over in the Dunce's corner :bawl:

Concerning the Dany's miscarige theory. Never noticed that, but actually seems plausible. Mirri Maz Prophecie says something about a sun (someone pointed out that it was Quentin), something about sea drying (Someone pointed out that the Dothraki sea was drying out) and mountains falling (someone pointed out that the pyramids of Mereen could be stand ins) and the part about Drogo (obviously talks about Drogon)

I think I'm convinced but there is one one major setback to this theory...

Daario has to be the father :bang: :ack: :rolleyes: :shocked: (There aren't enough emoticons to describe my hatred of the character)

It's not like that to be honest. The vision is Rhaegar, Elia and Aegon, and she asks him if he will write a song for Aegon, and Rhaegar says "He already has a song - his is the song of ice and fire". The interpretation is that Rhaegar at this point thinks Aegon is the Prince that was Promised.

So, the Song of Ice and FIre is not a literal song, the vision depicts Aegon and Elia, not Jon and Lyanna.

Welcome to the forums!

Hmm. Guess I missed that in my clamor to pat myself on the back. Haha. It is interesting though, that until recently I never paid attention to the title of the series as a harbinger of things to come or an underlying meaning. Even if the song wasn't about R and L it could still mean a Stark/Targ champion. Or it could be referring to Dany vs the Others or perhaps something else. Anyway, thanks for the reply!

Concerning the Dany's miscarige theory. Never noticed that, but actually seems plausible. Mirri Maz Prophecie says something about a sun (someone pointed out that it was Quentin), something about sea drying (Someone pointed out that the Dothraki sea was drying out) and mountains falling (someone pointed out that the pyramids of Mereen could be stand ins) and the part about Drogo (obviously talks about Drogon)

I think I'm convinced but there is one one major setback to this theory...

Daario has to be the father :bang: :ack: :rolleyes: :shocked: (There aren't enough emoticons to describe my hatred of the character)

could have been her husbands, she did sleep with him if im not mistaken

1. Aegon is named in the vision.

2 GRRM confirmed it is Elia

3. Rhaegar died at the Trident. Ned found Lyanna probably more than months later (sakcing of KL, freeing Storms Ends, after that searching where to find her), who was laying in a blood of bed, so she very probably died from childbirth, which means Jon was newborn then, which means very possibly Rhaegar never ever saw Jon, because he was already dead when Jon was born.

thanks for that, guys. i really need to get the app.

Wow this hole time i've been reading the Kettleblacks as Kettlebacks until you posted this............WTF???????????????????
O_____________________O! OMG! Its spelled Kettleblacks? I've been reading it as Kettlebacks too! I would have never even noticed I was reading it wrong unless I read you post. Even after reading your post I was thinking, "Nooooo... thats not right... someone must have misspelled it." But after looking it up I feel really stupid. http://awoiaf.wester...use_Kettleblack I'm like dying right now... I don't know how I could have misread it after rereading the books even. My eyesight is bad... but apparently its worse than I thought or I'm moron. I guess me and Jon's Ghost can be buddies over in the Dunce's corner :bawl:

I am joining the pair of you in that corner, I only noticed on this re read that it is Kettleblack and I still read it as Kettleback! I have no idea how I didn't notice that before!

I too, was guilty of this until the Tyrion/Jaime scene before Tyrion kills Tywin.

Literally went back and read the other chapters where they appeared because I thought that the spelling of the name had inexplicably changed after that scene. Found that, sure enough, it was the same all the way through. for some reason, I just didn't see it.

Sometimes I am stupid.

It was some months after reading ADWD, particularly the prologue about warging and Jon's assassination, that I realized the significance of Ghost's name. The direwolf is Jon's Ghost. Hello! I expect Jon will be spending some time on four legs in the next book, in fact, I'll eat my hat if he doesn't.

Count me among the Dam-phair crowd because. really, isn't Damphair the worst name EVAR?

The death of Lady as a factor in Bran's recovery makes even more sense when you consider that it was Ned who killed her. Very sacrificial, that. I still favor the Bran-saving-Bran idea, but the death-for-life theory is very interesting, too.

It seems obvious to me that Varys would want Ned out of the picture (if not dead) because if Ned's plot was successful then Stannis would have the throne when Aegon invaded, making the invasion much harder.

And please, people, OF COURSE Tywin screwed Shae. I've thought that one of the reasons Tyrion went apeshit when he discovered Shae in Tywin's bed, and why he went on to ask Tywin what happened to Tysha, is that he was afraid that after Tywin took Tysha from him in that horrible manner, Tywin turned around and made Tysha his own mistress. Just a thought.

I am joining the pair of you in that corner, I only noticed on this re read that it is Kettleblack and I still read it as Kettleback! I have no idea how I didn't notice that before!

Me too!

But there is actually an explanation for this, concerning the way you process written speech. When you first see a new word, you read it lettre by lettre to form a "word image". From then on you read by word image, not by lettre (as I always assumed). So if you read it wrong once, you probably have a mismatch between the word and the word image, explaining why you read it wrongly every single time :P.

The same thing happend to me reading Harry Potter. I kept reading "expillimus" instead of "expiliarmus". When the movies came out I was convinced they changed it for the movie for some stupid reason!

Archived