Rickon's arrival and its impact on Sansa.

TheeMikeHoncho

1. She will be overjoyed tha her brother is alive.

2. She can't be used as the heir to WF anymore. Sansa doesn't want to be married for her claim, she doesn't even want to be married. But if she does, she wants to marry someone who loves her for herself.

3. I agree with whoever said that it will strengthen her obligation to her family.

4. I think hearing about Rickon and him maybe becommming Lord of Winterfell, she can decide to try to escape from the Vale and join him, or she can decide to try to use LF/Sweetrobin/Harry/Vale Lords to gain strentgth so she can support her family from there.

As for her future?

- I don't think it will be either with tyrion or with Sandor. With tyrion, there is nothing in there that suggest that they will be happy ever. It is full of baggagge, they would be both miserable. The most postive emotion that Sansa feels toward tyrion, is pity...And I think tyrion will die anyway.

Sandor, I don't see that much romance there, more like Sansa has a crush on him, and both are each others guide in a way. For Sansa, Sandor is a guide to learn to cope in KL, and for Sandor Sansa was his first guide to change himself.

- I can see a political marriage down the road for her. It will not neccesseraly be happy fairy tale romance, but I hope she won't end up with an abusing douchbag as a husband.

I don't see it especially after that interview he gave when he was surprised about the San/San love by fans. He went on to say how this is a disturbed individual(Sandor). He could be throwing people off the trail, but it seems unlikely to materialize in a romantic sense

he's messing with us to divert attention. I stand on what i said - it's my opinion, but i think it will bear out in a bittersweet way.

• 2 months later...

Aegon would be smart to marry Sansa since she holds sway over the North, the Vale, and the Riverlands. That, with the Stormlands assuming he conquers them, would be most of Westeros conquered with one marriage. Also, Dorne would eventually support him for being Doran's nephew. Marrying Sansa would help him immensely.

If Davos returns with Rickon and Manderly/Stannis can prevail what in the hell will happen to Sansa. She will no longer be the heir to Winterfell and therefore has limited use to Little Finger. What do you guys think?

Above all, Sansa will be very, very happy that a family of hers is still alive, and because of this she will definitely want to be reunited with her youngest brother as soon as possible. The problem is, will Littlefinger just let her go? Even though she has nothing to offer but the Stark name (well, she's currently a Lannister but Littlefinger is confident her marriage to Tyrion can be annuled, so she can be a Stark again), Littlefinger might still use her for something else or try to keep her for himself. I just hope Sansa will find a way to escape him, coz the more she stays with him, the creepier he gets every time he's alone with her.

Sansa will not marry Aegon. Sansa is going to meet Harry the Heir, find out he's is a massive egotisitcal douchebag, then run away. Littlefinger herds them, so they are forced to travel north to the Eyrie, with Mya. They get trapped, but Dany lands at Gulltown and Tyrion burns Harry and Littlefinger and resues her. Sansa can then bring the Vale and Riverlands to Dany, then Rickon would ally with her because of Sansa, so that's the North. Big showdown between Aegon and Dany, then Dany moves up to fight the Others, who are led by Night's King 2.0, Stannis Baratheon.

Sansa will be saved by Sandor or Arya from the clutches of Littlefinger. She will, by Blood claim the Vale of Arryn & lead the Knights of the Vale to the beseiged Winterfell to help the new King In The North Rickon. I hope!. Sansa would be beyond happy to hear of her brother coming back from the dead.

Aegon wont live long enough to marry anyone, the Blackfyre Pretender will fail in his attempt to gain the Irone Throne. Plus her claim will be void, Robb named an Heir before he died, Howland read has his will. Probably left it to Jon & he is'nt confirmed dead just yet.

Sansa will be saved by Sandor or Arya from the clutches of Littlefinger. She will, by Blood claim the Vale of Arryn & lead the Knights of the Vale to the beseiged Winterfell to help the new King In The North Rickon. I hope!. Sansa would be beyond happy to hear of her brother coming back from the dead.

Aegon wont live long enough to marry anyone, the Blackfyre Pretender will fail in his attempt to gain the Irone Throne. Plus her claim will be void, Robb named an Heir before he died, Howland read has his will. Probably left it to Jon & he is'nt confirmed dead just yet.

Two changes. Aegon will get the throne, but not hold it. Also, Winterfell would be besieged by who? Others seem too early, Boltons and Freys are done, and the Iron Throne will have their hands full already.

Aegon would be smart to marry Sansa since she holds sway over the North, the Vale, and the Riverlands. That, with the Stormlands assuming he conquers them, would be most of Westeros conquered with one marriage. Also, Dorne would eventually support him for being Doran's nephew. Marrying Sansa would help him immensely.

I completely agree that Aegon should marry Sansa (if he has a brain in his head.)

Arianne is already his first-cousin. He already has a connection to Dorne. He doesn't need to marry Arianne in order to get her swords or her spears. The main problem with the earlier Targaryan reign (after the dragons died out especially) was that they only married each other. This meant that the kingdoms they ruled had no real family connection to the ruling house of Westeros and were only held in check by fear and tradition. Robert Baratheon was only successful because he had the Arryn/Stark/Baratheon/Tully alliance and could claim legitimacy from his own Targaryan heritage. The entire thing fell apart, however, when he died.

The best case scenario for Aegon, if the Iron Throne is going to survive (and it might not), would be for him to win the South and marry Sansa.

Aegon is Targaryan and Martell. Sansa is Stark and Tully, with a connection to the Arryns in the Vale. The only houses left out of this marriage would be the Lannister-Baratheons, the Tyrells, and the Greyjoys. Since Dany should be arriving with Vic's fleet (either in Vic's custody or alone) that should push the Tyrells into Aegon's camp. Stannis is at the Wall and doesn't matter for the Game of Thrones in the South.

Again, I'm not sure that will happen, but if I were advising Aegon that's what I would do.

I completely agree that Aegon should marry Sansa (if he has a brain in his head.)

Arianne is already his first-cousin. He already has a connection to Dorne. He doesn't need to marry Arianne in order to get her swords or her spears. The main problem with the earlier Targaryan reign (after the dragons died out especially) was that they only married each other. This meant that the kingdoms they ruled had no real family connection to the ruling house of Westeros and were only held in check by fear and tradition. Robert Baratheon was only successful because he had the Arryn/Stark/Baratheon/Tully alliance and could claim legitimacy from his own Targaryan heritage. The entire thing fell apart, however, when he died.

The best case scenario for Aegon, if the Iron Throne is going to survive (and it might not), would be for him to win the South and marry Sansa.

Aegon is Targaryan and Martell. Sansa is Stark and Tully, with a connection to the Arryns in the Vale. The only houses left out of this marriage would be the Lannister-Baratheons, the Tyrells, and the Greyjoys. Since Dany should be arriving with Vic's fleet (either in Vic's custody or alone) that should push the Tyrells into Aegon's camp. Stannis is at the Wall and doesn't matter for the Game of Thrones in the South.

Again, I'm not sure that will happen, but if I were advising Aegon that's what I would do.

I agree, but I hope it won't happen because that's going to cause Jon, Rickon, Dany, Sansa, Bran, and Arya to be on different sides. Also, Sansa isn't commonly known to be alive or even in the Vale. If she is revealed, she would marry Harry the Heir or run away like I believe. So what's Aegon going to do? Give up on Arianne for some girl who might be a king slayer and dead, or go for the Iron Throne? Dany will save Sansa, thus allowing all the Starks and Dany to be on the same side easily.

I agree, but I can't see Sansa leading the Vale to assist Rickon who would be alone out there. There's always Jon, but I do believe that Dany will lead the army with Sansa helping after Aegon's dead.

Your probably right about Daenerys leading it, would make sense that she will rally the southern lords/ladies to march north

If Sansa is still under Littlefinger's control when Davos and Rickon return, she's in trouble. Littlefinger has then no more use for her, since Winterfell would become useless to him, since they are in the Stannis camp, and Littlefinger hates Stannis.

Above all, Sansa will be very, very happy that a family of hers is still alive, and because of this she will definitely want to be reunited with her youngest brother as soon as possible. The problem is, will Littlefinger just let her go? Even though she has nothing to offer but the Stark name (well, she's currently a Lannister but Littlefinger is confident her marriage to Tyrion can be annuled, so she can be a Stark again), Littlefinger might still use her for something else or try to keep her for himself. I just hope Sansa will find a way to escape him, coz the more she stays with him, the creepier he gets every time he's alone with her.

Littlefinger is learning her how to play the game of thrones, but she has no goal to play for. She is not interested in being queen anymore, she wants to go home. When she finds out about Rickon and if she believes it to be true, she will have a purpose again. Her little brother is out there and she will only act in his best interest because once she lost her entire family, family became the only thing that matters to her. The minute Littlefinger will be in her and Rickons way she will kill him and/or escape him. And she has good reason to, he is being creepy and she has good reason not to trust him.

I suppose she will rather kill him.She has learned. I guess she knows both she and Rickon would love to be togeter, but she will be of more purpose to him with the Eyrie at her command. So I guess, she'll play.

With both Dontos and Lysa dead, the only person that knows that "Alayne Stone" is Sansa is LF. As LF married Lysa at Tywin's request, LF as the Lord of the Vale is basically a Lannister bannerman. Now that Tywin and Kevin are dead, Cercei may be Queen Regent again. If so, any knowledge that Sansa is alive and acting as LF's bastard daughter would destroy LF. The only thing keeping Sansa safe is LF's transfer to Sansa the feelings he had for young Cat, back in the day.

With both Dontos and Lysa dead, the only person that knows that "Alayne Stone" is Sansa is LF. As LF married Lysa at Tywin's request, LF as the Lord of the Vale is basically a Lannister bannerman. Now that Tywin and Kevin are dead, Cercei may be Queen Regent again. If so, any knowledge that Sansa is alive and acting as LF's bastard daughter would destroy LF. The only thing keeping Sansa safe is LF's transfer to Sansa the feelings he had for young Cat, back in the day.

There's also the fact that nobody knows Alayne's real identity apart from a small group. Cersei wouldn't care that Littlefinger brought his bastard to the Eyrie.

• 2 months later...

A large part of the reason that noble houses inter-marry is not to inherit, but to cement alliances through family ties. If Littlefinger is going for the Iron Throne, then having Sansa or Rickon on side would make Winterfell an ally. I think he needs Sansa to marry Harry, so that she can produce an heir that littlefinger can control, before bumping Harry off and finally getting his Cat(2)

• 2 weeks later...

Robb never had that authority not as King of the North nor does any king. Mens laws stop at the wall. There is no one that can release Jon from his vows and that is why no one has ever been released from their vows before.

This is untrue. According to SSM, in the history of the NW, WC, and Maesters some have neen released from their vows, though it is rare. I know as I'm the stevem who asked GRRM the queston.

In not so distant past the Small Council offerred to relieve Maester Aon from his vows and make him king.

Barristan was relieved of his cloak by Csersei. No one doubts her power though many doubt her sense.

Cersie later thinks to send a Kettleback brother and a 100 men to the NW to kill Jon. They don't appear to doubt her power to remove their oaths.

Robb and his lords also don't appear to doubt his power to remove Jon from the NW. From the perspetive of a Northern lord, Robb's decree matters a lot more than Cersie or Stannis'.

So precedent exists both in the distant and recent past.

Very interesting and something likely to occur.

I do think people overestimate Sansa in relation to LF. I think she know's he's shady but I think something Sansa has honed since GoT is a desire to survive and she thinks LF is her best chance at the moment. She doesn't DEEPLY care for him but she considers him useful.

She witnessed his murder of Dontos and Lyssa Arryn. She helped him frame Marrillion for the crime. I think she would try to influence LF into bringing Rickon in with them.

Rickon or No Rickon I don't see LF letting Sansa go. As Cersei revealed LF has wanted Sansa since GoT when he asked to marry her and was refused by the Lannisters. This was when Catelyn was still alive, so I think Sansa has eclipsed her mother as far as he's concerned.

Archived