First Foray Into The Political Dreadfort

Varangian

I heard that people get flayed in these parts.

Anyway, I'm not really active on any "political/social" boards, and I figured this one might be good for some feedback.

What do you think about this video? I've heard some people bashing the accents (I've seen this making the rounds on Facebook), but I don't think that has anything to do with some of the points they make. I'll put my cards on the table, in that I agree with just about all of them.

Anyhow... not sure how to properly put a YouTube link on here...

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=QAebOPGpp0k

This place is a minefield. Be warned. I've been on this board for thousands of posts in the book forum, before venturing into the General Chatter forum recently, and it's been a rude awakening, I'll tell you that much.

People get very emotional about this stuff.

EDIT:

I haven't seen the attached video. So I'm in no way commenting on whatever the content is.

I've heard some people bashing the accents (I've seen this making the rounds on Facebook), but I don't think that has anything to do with some of the points they make.

Complaining about the accents is rather like complaining about Hitler's fashion sense. In this case, literally.

Note to the Neo-Nazis: having your talking points spouted by 'wholesome' young women, rather than by skinhead thugs, does not make the message any less odious.

You've got to feel sorry for these embattled majorities for a good nanosecond forced as they are to endure hearing of the aspirations of minorities with long histories of disadvantage behind them. But on the bright side there is apparently lots of assimilation to look forward to.

Judging by the unamerican dentistry of the teeth of the speakers I'd guess they are clinging to the concept of race like Orwell's tramp clung to his lower upper class status.

http://asoiaf.wester...rd-style-guide/

9. Do not post things that might offend others.

We're a pretty broad-minded lot, but there are some things you should avoid, if only because some boarders are under 18.

Material that is judged offensive by the mods will be removed. Note that whether you consider it offensive, or are offended by it,is not the test, even if it's a remark directed at you: the test is whether the moderators believe it is offensive in general. This may include gratuitous use of graphic content; hate speech; comments endorsing certain illegal activities; personal attacks on other boarders; or links to sites promoting hate speech or illegal activities. We define 'hate speech' to include (but not be limited to) attacks on groups or individuals on the basis of skin colour, race, ethnicity, sex, gender, sexuality, disability status, or age.

Archived