Small questions v.10001

Angalin

If his goal is to subjugate Westeros with Dany's dragons, the egg could also prove useful in gaining an audience/negotiating with Dany. Much simpler than the kinslaying, kingsmoot, send Victarion plan. Who better to hatch a dragon egg than the mother of dragons?

True, I'm sure it would intrigue her one way or the other, but somehow I don't think she is going to try to hatch any more dragons what with the 3-dragon prophecies and and histories and all.

But that's my point - pretty easy to fake his death. Wait for storm, wait for him doing something alone, push him.

But where will be you waiting? And when the day comes, how will you get to the bridge without nobody seeing you?

MAYBE he could have the deed done expending a lot less, but it would be too risky, if he got caught he could never again go back to the Iron Islands.

And the idea of killing pushing off the bridge in a storm was probably from the FM.

Random question: I'm still on Clash of Kings, but I was reading a lot of forums that were saying that pretty much nothing happens for the next 3 books. Is this true? Should I keep reading up to Dance With Dragons? I am really enjoying the books so far, but don't see the point of reading if he doesn't progress the storyline too far :/

So, as you may know aFfC and aDwD are split up geographically. So part of the characters' stories are put on hold for a whole book. You might want to read those two at the same time.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/79847-a-good-way-of-reading-feastdance-as-one-super-book-chapter-title-spoilers-only/

This link suggests an ordering...

Okay, this is a small question but I keep thinking of it (propably was already answered).

So if Tysha wasn't actually a whore as Jaime tells Tyrion when releasing him from the cells, wouldn't Tyrion have known that when she was given to the Lannister guards? I mean, I just can't imagine her being used without saying or doing anything, or possibly enjoying it. So either she WAS a whore and Jaime kind of double-lied to Tyrion, or she wasn't originally but the money from Tywin was more important than the love for Tyrion, or she DID "fight back" or express discomfort, but Tyrion was just too shocked to realise it.

Thanks for your answers :)

Tysha was a poor girl who was thrown to the gaurds on a lord's orders. Too terrified and stunned to put up much of a fight, she was raped and paid well for it.

Tysha was a poor girl who was thrown to the gaurds on a lord's orders. Too terrified and stunned to put up much of a fight, she was raped and paid well for it.

LOL.... ok, I know it wasn't meant this way but... "she was raped, and paid well for it"!?!?!?!?? Seriously? So how well do you, as a guy, need to be paid to get anally gang raped by 50 men?

This has probably been answered 100 times already but I couldn't find it.

Who killed Joffrey? I seem to remember Tyrion claiming he did it, but I also think he may have just been saying it for effect.

Thanks and I really do apologize if it is a redundant question.

The Tyrells (Olenna got the poison from Sansa, Garlan most probably poisoned Joff, and Margaery must have been into the whole thing or she would have been in immense danger), together with Littlefinger. They used the crystals of the Strangler that were hidden in Sansa's hairnet, planted there by Baelish's pawn Dontos.

This has probably been answered 100 times already but I couldn't find it.

Who killed Joffrey? I seem to remember Tyrion claiming he did it, but I also think he may have just been saying it for effect.

Thanks and I really do apologize if it is a redundant question.

Pretty sure it was Margery's grandmother 'the Queen of thorns" as it was her that 'fixed' Sansa's hair with the netting containing the tiny 'pearls' which I'm assuming were poisoinous - Sansa noticed that one had been ripped out.

was LF's original proposal to Ned of allowing Joffrey to succeed and Ned holding the power as Hand and Protector a legitimate one? or would he have betrayed Ned no matter what he decided? i thought i saw a thread title like this but couldn't find it.

With my recent fascination of swords I noticed in the wiki that Dawn is catagorized as a greatsword. If that's the case does it debunk the theory of Ned not fighting with Ice and just using it for ceremony? From the ToJ scene Ned remembers Arthur Dayne fought with Dawn so why wouldn't Ned use Ice?

Do we know where Maester Aemon's dragon's egg is?

No, but now I really, really, really want to

Was Rhaegar married to Elia before or after the Defiance of Duskendale? The Wiki says the Defiance happened around when the crown prince was seventeen, but I'm finding it hard to determine the year of their marriage. Thoughts?

With my recent fascination of swords I noticed in the wiki that Dawn is catagorized as a greatsword. If that's the case does it debunk the theory of Ned not fighting with Ice and just using it for ceremony? From the ToJ scene Ned remembers Arthur Dayne fought with Dawn so why wouldn't Ned use Ice?

Ice was a Huge sword. IIRC its like 5' tall and 6"-8" wide. While that might be good in a battle, or to excute someone, Not really what you would want in a duel

Do we know where Maester Aemon's dragon's egg is?

No we don't really. Some theories go along the lines that it, and his siblings eggs were the ones given to Dany. There is not proof other then the color of said eggs.

Was Rhaegar married to Elia before or after the Defiance of Duskendale? The Wiki says the Defiance happened around when the crown prince was seventeen, but I'm finding it hard to determine the year of their marriage. Thoughts?

Steffon Baratheon died in 278 AL while looking for a bride for Rheagar. DoD happen in 276 AL. So it was after 278 AL.

My small question:

Is Ser Endrew Tarth, who we meet in GoT when he replaces Thorne who goes south with the wight's hand, related to Brienne? I assume her last name is Tarth. If so, I wonder how close in relation? An uncle maybe? A Cousin? If so, it's interesting that she wouldn't try to send a raven to her kin on the wall to determine if Sansa chose to go to the wall where Jon is?

Ice was a Huge sword. IIRC its like 5' tall and 6"-8" wide. While that might be good in a battle, or to excute someone, Not really what you would want in a duel

Dawn and Ice both are greatswords not longswords or bastard swords. Arthur fights with Dawn at the ToJ as seen by Ned's dream.

My small question:

Is Ser Endrew Tarth, who we meet in GoT when he replaces Thorne who goes south with the wight's hand, related to Brienne? I assume her last name is Tarth. If so, I wonder how close in relation? An uncle maybe? A Cousin? If so, it's interesting that she wouldn't try to send a raven to her kin on the wall to determine if Sansa chose to go to the wall where Jon is?

We don't know what relation he is to Brienne but I think it's safe to say that he is a relation. He's also dead at the moment, so Brienne wouldn't really be getting in touch with him in any case.

We don't know what relation he is to Brienne but I think it's safe to say that he is a relation. He's also dead at the moment, so Brienne wouldn't really be getting in touch with him in any case.

Thank you. I hadn't realized he was dead; although so many brothers died at the FotFM, that it makes sense. I don't remember him being around later in the series. The name just stuck out suddenly as I was doing my re-re-re-reread.

does anyone know any info about Quickfinger like as to how he stole the dragon eggs? How he was caught? What happened to the eggs and where did he steal them from? Was he returning them to Daemon or someone else?

Just his little mention in The Sworn Sword peeked my interest and was wondering if anyone knew of anything about it from a GRRM Q&A or something.

I did see that someone mentioned it awhile back and George replied with a keep reading. So ya was just wondering.

Archived