What if ASOIAF ends with the Others winning?

King Tyrion VIII

Yeah, no likes again. :dunno: Consider your post "liked" :laugh:

Yeah yours' too ;)

Slightly back on topic, do we even know the Other Sam killed was trully killed? There are some speculations he just evaporated to appear somewhere else.

But my opinion is actually yes, the Other was killed indeed. We have waited enough plot development and finally saw that they can be killed and the means of it. Seems legit to me. But you know, as a one-third heretic one can always doubt.

I might remember the next few lines very very wrong, but I read on this very board that Martin once called the ending of Lord of the Rings bittersweet. To me, the Ending of Lord of the Rings is the last thing I would call bittersweet.

Really? You don't think Frodo being "broken", the fellowship never reuniting again, the elves time finished and everyone being apart, is bittersweet? Just beacause Middle Earth is saved, evil has lost, and there are people alive, doesnt mean its all good and forgotten, just like it wasn't after World War II.

So, even with the end of the war and Westeros saved from the others, there was and will be so much suffering , and so many good things and people lost, that most of the endings from now will be "bittersweet" anyway.

Really? You don't think Frodo being "broken", the fellowship never reuniting again, the elves time finished and everyone being apart, is bittersweet? Just beacause Middle Earth is saved, evil has lost, and there are people alive, doesnt mean its all good and forgotten, just like it wasn't after World War II.

So, even with the end of the war and Westeros saved from the others, there was and will be so much suffering , and so many good things and people lost, that most of the endings from now will be "bittersweet" anyway.

I guess we crashed the server responsible for "likes", but I agree.

I read a thread back almost a year ago when I joined that had a really good ending to it. If someone knows what I'm talking about please link it or tell me the name. It was a thread about what we think will be the final/epilogue POV would be. I remember it featuring Tyrion dying in bed at 80 getting a mouth hug from a whore and another member posted a great idea of Sam being the final POV 20 years after the story and we get a glimpse of what has happened.

I like the days when there's no likes button. It's like a vacation from all the constant liking. But I also feel incomplete when I don't have the option to like stuff. It's like Stannis has chopped off part of my browser the way he took Davos' fingertips and turned the man's knuckles into beachfront property.

So maybe this site is the best of all possible worlds, where the like button comes and goes like the seasons.

Also, if everyone died, that would include Patch. So there's that. This alone might not be worth the deaths of everyone else. But then consider all the annoying posts that have been made about all these characters. Perhaps our pennance should be to have all their arcs wiped out. Except Sansa. The zombies wouldn't kill Sansa. They'd see her and they'd want to be better zombies for her.

Archived