What if ASOIAF ends with the Others winning?

King Tyrion VIII

I wouldn't mind, let them have Westeros and everyone can mass migrate to Essos or something, plenty of abandoned land & cities there.

This could be Dany's new role, she conquers Essos and makes a new place for the Westerosi to run to.

I wouldn't mind, let them have Westeros and everyone can mass migrate to Essos or something, plenty of abandoned land & cities there.

This could be Dany's new role, she conquers Essos and makes a new place for the Westerosi to run to.

Nice idea. I like it. Any idea if Essos would be too warm for the Others to go there? Or will the New Long Night freeze it as well?

Nice idea. I like it. Any idea if Essos would be too warm for the Others to go there? Or will the New Long Night freeze it as well?

I'm not sure about northern Essos, but the area Dany is hell bent on ruling, Slaver's Bay, is as far south as Dorne, so I'd assume it would be there.

Worst comes to worse, do some continent hopping to Sothoryos.

Then it would be like the, "Black Masoleum" series which is the sequel to, "Memory of Flames." The Dragons won and folks are hiding out from the terror of the dragons.

The White Walkers/Others/Ice Monsters would invade Essos and and conquer northern Essos as well . .. The remnant would hide out in the Summer Islands and plan on a battle to find Euron's dragon egg to rehatch a dragon to defeat the others . .

I don't think it'll happen but I have been thinking about this lately. What if Dany never leaves Essos? What if the story ends with the power hungry houses/people staying to fight over the Iron Throne and getting vaporized while the "decent" folk flee to Essos and live in a reestablished Valayraian Freehold under Dany?

It would probably make the whole story seem pointless as already mentioned. I've found that in fantasy you can have sweet and bittersweet endings, but not too many series with plain bitter endings. Endings like that are usually reserved for Horror and Tragedy Drama stories.

EDIT: Unless GRRM wanted to write a sequel series set during The Long Night where the survivors band together to defeat the Others, but not only is this totally unoriginal it would also never happen. GRRM has stated he intends to never write anything on the same scale as ASoIaF ever again, plus we'd be lucky just to see this series finished.

Westeros overrun with mindless zombie-like wights might make for a decent story.

Cersei would have jokes. (about not really noticing any change when the people of Flea Bottom got zombified. "Their level of sophistication and class is about the same as it was before.") Hiring Robert Strong would make her more popular with zombie smallfolk than she ever was with human smallfolk.

I'd probably have to bury a sword hilt in the ground (blade facing me) and throw myself upon it, extinguishing my life in this cruel, dark world if that happens.

I'm betting you wouldn't be alone. I'd have to take the craven route and just throw the book across the room.

Archived