Did Dany truly love Khal Drogo?

hollowcrown

As someone who has been a 13 year old girl, and at the risk of sharing too much lost her virginity at that age (three weeks shy of 14 but still officially 13), I'm going to have to say that I can see it playing out that way (particularly when you take into the consideration of social conditioning about marriage and a woman's duty, etc which doesn't exist in the same way in modern times). Nor does her eventual love for him seem out of place, given that he does seem to respect her wishes and actually empowers her for the first time in her life.

Thank you for sharing your story to give us further insight into this fascinatingly creepy topic.

I have many friends that were young as well (we mature faster in the south due to the heat :leer: ) and I could also see it happening.

Found it, kittykatknits:

"You saw all this violence and all this rumpy pumpy, and it's all doggie-style. I said to [the executive producers] 'Obviously, the missionary position didn't come into vogue for a few years yet in the Seven Kingdoms. And they said 'We wanted it to be kind of animalistic, Charles' and I said, 'Well, it's certainly that'."

Hahahaha!

I guess reverse cowgirl and sidesaddle are a bit to romantic for the show then, huh? And I've never heard of sex being called rumpy pumpy but that's hilarious.

Which brings up another question that perhaps should be the topic of a new thread: is Drogo's transformation from rapist and commander of rapists to enlightened "savage" truly realistic?

Yes, it is. With that we could question the realism of every character arc in the show. I think Drogo was a rather liberal and open minded leader among the Dothraki since, Daenerys also notes at some point that he didn't stick to many traditional Dothraki customs (sharing wives with his bloodriders for instance), and he is the first one to make up his mind to cross the black sea. I think it is a nice way to show that they turned out as equals in their marriage by the end. Daenerys had to admit many Dothraki traditions, but Drogo did his part too. He agreed to sail to Westeros, agreed that Mirri tries to heal him (because Daenerys asked him to) learned to speak the common tongue, dropped doggy-style too, but I would not call that the essence of his arc...

Yes, it is. With that we could question the realism of every character arc in the show. I think Drogo was a rather liberal and open minded leader among the Dothraki since, Daenerys also notes at some point that he didn't stick to many traditional Dothraki customs (sharing wives with his bloodriders for instance), and he is the first one to make up his mind to cross the black sea. I think it is a nice way to show that they turned out as equals in their marriage by the end. Daenerys had to admit many Dothraki traditions, but Drogo did his part too. He agreed to sail to Westeros, agreed that Mirri tries to heal him (because Daenerys asked him to) learned to speak the common tongue, dropped doggy-style too, but I would not call that the essence of his arc...

Well said. :)

I guess reverse cowgirl and sidesaddle are a bit to romantic for the show then, huh? And I've never heard of sex being called rumpy pumpy but that's hilarious.

I've often heard it called that, or "Rumpy" or "Rumpo". Hence, there was amusement in this country when Herman van Rompuy became Head of the European Commission.

I've not heard of "reverse cowgirl" or "sidesaddle" but I'm sure a visit to the Urban Dictionary will enlighten me.

The best term is from Scotland "houghmagandie".

True, Drogo wasn't the mindless beast that most people seem to believe was the essence of his character. Him taking Dany as his wife seemed like a big deal to me.

The best term is from Scotland "houghmagandie".

LOVE IT!

Perhaps he can technically be taught to see rape as wrong but I doubt it. Drogo comes from a society that pretty much lives on raping prisoners of war, it's integrated into his sense of morality. He just doesn't see it as wrong. To make him do so you'd really have to get him to accept that those people are equal to him or his wife,and good luck with that.

He's better than Ramsay in that his society made him that way and that he can distinguish (I doubt he'd just rape the wife of a fellow rider or something) but he still has his issues.

I agree with this, completely.

For his own standards, Drogo doesn't see what he does as wrong and treats Dany difference because she's his wife and they both are above others. Something many royal couples of Westeros do seem to think as well.

About what a 13 years old girls do or enjoy, that's relative. A lot of them do have sex nowadays nd they learn to enjoy it or enjoy it at first. It's not improbable for a girl that young to feel aroused, though.

Archived